Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: A bunch
Saturday got the terms and conditions. Today got the letter about the credit report they used and got my score. They pulled TU for me and i think i only have 3 inquiries on TU
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heyman123
first post on the forum and just wanted to share my own experience.

applied and approved on 1/04/2013, received both T&C and card today (1/14/2013).

I applied for 3 cards that day, but made sure to put this one first on the list. approved for all three.
Interesting. Husband's app was on 12/31 and I think we got the Congrat message on the status line around 01/07 or 01/08. Still no T&Cs.

Originally Posted by heyman123
I'm in Los Angeles. Actually received 3 letters; 1 letter outlining my credit pull/score from Experian, another letter outlining the T&C (with return address from Fargo, ND), and the 3rd letter being the card. And the letter with the card, it states issue date as 01/10/13.
How come you get 2 letters? I only got the 10 pages T&Cs and then the card came the next day.

Why some received information of score? I never receive such info on any card I applied. Why different treatment?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by countingmiles
Signed up 3 days ago, no status update from US Bank.
Went to clubcarlson.com to do a dummy booking, saw 'as a club carlson visa card holder....' on the booking page and the points required was half of what it should for 2 nights

Signed up for both personal premier and business premier, not sure which got approved or which level of card(s) was approved.

Data:
FAKO 750-780
Inquiries:
01/2012 (4)
04/2012 (1)
09/2012 (1 for refi)
11/2012 (2 for AX authorized user - didn't know AX pulled for this)
UPDATE 7 days since app
Received use of credit score letter (they used Experian) for personal card
Received approved letter for the business card with a $1000 :-o
Received T&C for premier personal card, no credit limit indicated
Received T&C for business card

Looks like approved for both personal and business!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:23 pm

Maybe the business card takes a few weeks longer to be received than the personal cards? Wishful thinking I got the T&C and credit score letter last Monday, still no card.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by larrythai
I'll admit it. After many successful applications to other card issuers, US Bank has me spooked. It started in August when I got declined (after a long procedure) for the FlexPoints card. I was told the reason was too many inquiries. I've specifically held off on applying for cards for five months (a test of willpower). If I wait one more month, I will have 0 inquiries in the last six months, but seven inquiries in the last twelve months. What's the general consensus of how US Bank looks at these two periods? My CreditKarma score is 770, and I have a perfect on-time payment record with low (5%) utilization. Carlsson is my hotel chain of choice, and I got the email invitation to apply for the Visa.
On a different note, does anyone know whether US Bank does two hard pulls if I apply for both the personal and the business card?
I've never taken a sabbatical from AORs for more than 4 months and yet I was approved for FlexPerks a few months back and this one, and my score is about the same as yours. It's really hard to say why they're doing what they're doing, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in their "methodology". Perhaps, sometimes they need to push a particular card
hard, then cut back when they get the quota. Who knows.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by aaliz
I was approved instantly Jan 7. The t & c letter arrived today, but no card. So annoying they do it this way.
Was also approved on the 7th and also got the T&Cs today.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Hey guys,

I got this card about a week ago in the mail. I havent done any purchases yet.

Does anyone know if Im suppose to call them up and upgrade my existing account from Silver to Gold? I log in on the clubcarlson website and its still showing "silver". Wasnt sure If I had to do anything on my part.

Thanks!

Nevermind: read it in my benefits package. I need to make my first purchase.

Last edited by livestrongforever; Jan 15, 2013 at 12:43 am
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by mnscout
I've never taken a sabbatical from AORs for more than 4 months and yet I was approved for FlexPerks a few months back and this one, and my score is about the same as yours. It's really hard to say why they're doing what they're doing, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in their "methodology". Perhaps, sometimes they need to push a particular card
hard, then cut back when they get the quota. Who knows.
Thanks, Andy
I'll wait the month, and try again.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
One or two pulls

Originally Posted by countingmiles
UPDATE 7 days since app
Received use of credit score letter (they used Experian) for personal card
Received approved letter for the business card with a $1000 :-o
Received T&C for premier personal card, no credit limit indicated
Received T&C for business card

Looks like approved for both personal and business!
Do you know whether they did a separate pull for your business card? I think a lot of us would be interested in that.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Hey guys,

I got this card about a week ago in the mail. I havent done any purchases yet.

Does anyone know if Im suppose to call them up and upgrade my existing account from Silver to Gold? I log in on the clubcarlson website and its still showing "silver". Wasnt sure If I had to do anything on my part.

Thanks!

Nevermind: read it in my benefits package. I need to make my first purchase.
It is AFTER 1st statement closes before your status would change.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Interesting. Husband's app was on 12/31 and I think we got the Congrat message on the status line around 01/07 or 01/08. Still no T&Cs.
Both T&Cs and Card arrive today. $16K line.

[QUOTE=Happy;20048035
How come you get 2 letters? I only got the 10 pages T&Cs and then the card came the next day.

Why some received information of score? I never receive such info on any card I applied. Why different treatment?[/QUOTE]

No another other letter. No Score showing on either the T&Cs or the Card sleeve. I dont even know which bureau it uses on our apps. I wish to get the score information (for free). So far does not seem to happen with any bank we apply from.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by larrythai
Do you know whether they did a separate pull for your business card? I think a lot of us would be interested in that.
Citi Identify Monitor showed 1 pull from Experian.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:54 am

Called US Bank about my missing card. They're canceling the one they sent and are reissuing a new card and expediting it to me so I'll have it Thursday. That's pretty bad, it will be 27 days since approval till I get my card when others here have gotten their card in 10 days weeks after mine was approved. I'll only have 2 months to meet minimum spend now since it took them a month to get the card to me. And with no CVS and WG dead for VR here it's gonna be fun meeting spend.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Called US Bank about my missing card. They're canceling the one they sent and are reissuing a new card and expediting it to me so I'll have it Thursday. That's pretty bad, it will be 27 days since approval till I get my card when others here have gotten their card in 10 days weeks after mine was approved. I'll only have 2 months to meet minimum spend now since it took them a month to get the card to me. And with no CVS and WG dead for VR here it's gonna be fun meeting spend.
Is this the FIRST time you call about not receiving your card in due course?

If this is after several calls, then the customer service of US bank is not up to par.

If not, then you have lengthened the delay by your non-action.

Almost all card issuers would say if not receiving cards within 7 to 10 business days, CALL.

Lost card or never issued card is not an uncommon occurrence. It has happened to me from BofA and Citi before. That is why they tell you to call if it has been over 10 business days and the card is still missing in action.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Is this the FIRST time you call about not receiving your card in due course?

If this is after several calls, then the customer service of US bank is not up to par.

If not, then you have lengthened the delay by your non-action.

Almost all card issuers would say if not receiving cards within 7 to 10 business days, CALL.

Lost card or never issued card is not an uncommon occurrence. It has happened to me from BofA and Citi before. That is why they tell you to call if it has been over 10 business days and the card is still missing in action.
Yes, first time calling in. The T&C letter I got last Monday said to call if I hadn't received the card in 10 business days and today was only day 5. The agent was very helpful/nice and waived the expedite fee. She said the card was mailed Dec 28th which was the same day the T&C letter was mailed so I should've received them both the same day. 10 business days from approval was only last Thursday due to all the holidays. Also, she said that they cut off my unit number from my address for some reason. My carrier knows me by name and delivers my mail even if it's missing the unit number though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.