Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:36 pm

i guess there is no retention bonus offered by reps for paying the fee other than the card's 40k bonus
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:02 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
i guess there is no retention bonus offered by reps for paying the fee other than the card's 40k bonus
You'd have to be pretty brazen to ask. If you decide to try it, please let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
My husband got this offer a few weeks ago and we applied online:
50K gold points after 1st use
35K gold points after $2500 spend within 90 days
40K renewal at renewal
No annual fee 1st year $75 after 1st year.

Today, he got a card agreement in the mail (no card) that states the interest rate, etc and it states that the annual membership fee is $75. No where on this form does it mention that the 1st year is free. The prescreened offer that he got in the mail clearly says that the first year is free. Should we be worried?
Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:38 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Should we be worried?
No. The worst that can happen is that the annual fee is charged this year and you have to ask for it back.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:15 pm

anyone tried getting retention offer when the AF hit?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:56 am
IMH

You pretty much answered your own question in another thread a few hours before posting this: the retention bonus is 40,000 Club Carlson points and it's there for everyone, repeatable every year, no need to ask.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In case you do not know yet, the 40K bonus does NOT post until 2 billing cycles AFTER the AF is PAID.

Search this thread you would see many of us wondered when was the 40K post - it was in the 2nd billing cycle after PAYING the AF.

Oh, and that is even specified in the T&Cs which many do not read.

Note, the earlier you PAY the AF, the earlier the 40K posted.

This should give you enough information to make your decision. US Bank is not Citi. Suffice to say.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:51 pm

Already have the personal card. Would I be able to be approved for the business version as well?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:00 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Carter29072
My husband got this offer a few weeks ago and we applied online:
50K gold points after 1st use
35K gold points after $2500 spend within 90 days
40K renewal at renewal
No annual fee 1st year $75 after 1st year.

Today, he got a card agreement in the mail (no card) that states the interest rate, etc and it states that the annual membership fee is $75. No where on this form does it mention that the 1st year is free. The prescreened offer that he got in the mail clearly says that the first year is free. Should we be worried?
Thanks!
No worries. I got the same offer several months ago and got the card. Got my gold points with no problem and no fee was ever charged.

By the way, you might want to look at the business card offer too because, while it has an annual fee from the get go it gives you lots more points and Gold Status. I got that one too and plan to cancel the personal card when the fee comes up, keep the business card for the two for one deal.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:10 pm

Didn't see this in the wiki, but if this card is cancelled, do the points disappear? And if not, how long does one have to use them? Thank you.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
I used to have personal card which gave me silver status, i cancelled the card earlier this year before annual fees was posted. I applied and approved for business card 3 months back, all the bonus points from spending has been posted but I am still silver member. Do I néed to make a call? To whom? Club Carlson or us bank? Business card gives you a gold unlike their different personal cards.
I have the signature card and received gold status.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Didn't see this in the wiki, but if this card is cancelled, do the points disappear? And if not, how long does one have to use them? Thank you.
Anyone?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:24 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Didn't see this in the wiki, but if this card is cancelled, do the points disappear? And if not, how long does one have to use them?
Points that have reached Club Carlson do not get clawed back if the card is cancelled. They become subject to the standard rules -- no expiry of points in active accounts, but accounts with 24 months of inactivity may be closed.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:24 am

Just applied for the Premier and got instant approval. Called the recon line and the application status says approved as well.

I have read multiple reports of denials after instant approval, so I guess the online instant approval message means nothing. Is the phone approval message unreliable as well?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Points that have reached Club Carlson do not get clawed back if the card is cancelled. They become subject to the standard rules -- no expiry of points in active accounts, but accounts with 24 months of inactivity may be closed.
Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.