Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by rjs11
I applied on April 3rd and was finally approved today (email notification).

2 questions:
- From what I read some people have gotten "false" approval notifications. Is that generally only from instant approvals?
- The email states I was approved for the Premier version and not the lesser one. For those who didn't end up receiving the Premier version and instead received the lesser version, did your approval notification note which version you would receive?
Can you please share your past app data like number of inquiries in last 6/12 months? You applied this as your 1st app in AOR? some details. Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by animesh42001
Can you please share your past app data like number of inquiries in last 6/12 months? You applied this as your 1st app in AOR? some details. Thanks
5 inquiries in the past 6 months. I applied for this card first in a 4 card AOR. Froze IDA and ARS prior to applying.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:10 pm

5 inquiries in the past 6 months. I applied for this card first in a 4 card AOR. Froze IDA and ARS prior to applying.
Thanks for the response. One more question- You continued with rest of the apps in the AOR after applying for Club Carlson or waited for this app to get approved and then continued with other app?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:27 am

Thanks for the response. One more question- You continued with rest of the apps in the AOR after applying for Club Carlson or waited for this app to get approved and then continued with other app?
The AOR was on the same day, all within a few minutes of each other.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I applied on April 3rd and was finally approved today (email notification).

2 questions:
- From what I read some people have gotten "false" approval notifications. Is that generally only from instant approvals?
- The email states I was approved for the Premier version and not the lesser one. For those who didn't end up receiving the Premier version and instead received the lesser version, did your approval notification note which version you would receive?
Yes, the false approvals were from the instant approvals... b/c US Bank seems to do a manual review regardless, so some people were rejected later. Once you receive the welcome e-mail, you should be all set.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by dw
When my wife and I did our mini AORs late last month (3 cards and 2 cards, respectively), we first waited for the US Bank CC application to complete processing, receiving the "pending" notification, before proceeding with our subsequent applications. As I indicated a few posts up, both applications were subsequently approved.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
When my wife and I did our mini AORs late last month (3 cards and 2 cards, respectively), we first waited for the US Bank CC application to complete processing, receiving the "pending" notification, before proceeding with our subsequent applications. As I indicated a few posts up, both applications were subsequently approved.
Thank you all for your inputs. I took the plunge and was instantly approved for Premier Rewards Visa card for 14k limit (highest till now). I know that instant approval may not be final approval but can you guys please confirm if I can continue with the AOR or wait till I get "final" approval. Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:35 pm

Thank you all for your inputs. I took the plunge and was instantly approved for Premier Rewards Visa card for 14k limit (highest till now). I know that instant approval may not be final approval but can you guys please confirm if I can continue with the AOR or wait till I get "final" approval. Thanks
Go for it. As was indicated, my wife had two other applications to complete her mini AOR after receiving a pending, so you should be okay. They do their pull at the time you make your application, so they'd have no knowledge of the applications you make now. While they can do another pull, as a practical matter, all they will do now is review the credit report(s) they already pulled.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:59 am

What a relief. I finally got approved for this card by moving credit from an existing account. I got shot down 3 different times before that and it's been like a month since I applied
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
What a relief. I finally got approved for this card by moving credit from an existing account. I got shot down 3 different times before that and it's been like a month since I applied
How many US Bank cards do you have?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:46 am

How many US Bank cards do you have?
Just 1 but it had a decent cl.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:29 am

Just applied.

FICO (transunion): 728
FAKO (CK): 728

AAoA 5yrs

Current Cards:
Barclay Arrival (Jan 2014)
CorningCU Visa

Auto Loan: 4 yrs left

Hard pulls 6 (2 in last 6 months) all experian

No freeze.

Got 'Can't accept you right now please enter your email and we will notify you'. Let's see how we go. Should I call reconsideration in a couple of days? Or wait it out?

Update:

Approved for Platinum version. Going to give US Bank a call and see if they can't upgrade me to the card I applied for....

Edit to complete the datapoint:

They pulled experian. I was accepted for platinum and called to ask for upgrade. They told me to reapply and they would review it. Reapplied. Reviewed the case and accepted me for Premire visa, $5000 limit. Did not pull a second time with the 2nd application. Applied originally 4/17, approved for Premire 4/26. Should receive card next week. All in all CSR very helpful.

Last edited by aikitim; Apr 28, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Has anyone had any experience in Jax, FL area to see what Credit Bureau US Bank pulls?

Thanks so much.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:10 am

Spoke to the underwriter today. Since i was approved for platinum they cant upgrade the account, but if i reapply they will use the same pull and i can call back to make sure I get the Premire card. The rep said i should have no problem getting the premire and that the system undersold me. So i will apply tonight and call back tomorrow. Sound reasonable?

What about the platinum card? If i cancel before activation and the fee will it affect my credit score as a very very short account?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:53 pm

+1 Data point

Applied today for the business version. Not sure why i even got approved for it. It kind of goes against most things I was reading about USbank. All my cards other than the three others which have a combined CL of $2000 were opened in feb this year.

Approved with CL $12K

Last 2 months :

Feb 2014 ,

all on same day

Chase CSP : Approved $5k
Amex SPG : Approved $1K
Barclay's Arrival : Approved $1K
Citi AA plat Exe : Approved $5K

Declined

Case Ink Bold
Amex SPG business

Today

BoA Alaska signature : Approved $7.5K
USbank Clubcarlson premier business : Approved $12K

History with USBank :

1 card in grad school. For about 6 years, CL is $600 even today.

Credit Karma : 745
Barclay's Fico : 733
Credit Sesame : 735

Asked to rush the card for $15. Getting it wednesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.