Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Superorb
I'm surprised ANY bank approved you with this. You should look super risky to banks with a utilization that high.
Super risky...really? Personally, I hardly think I am a credit risk as a matter of fact neither did US bank... but what do I know. I'm not a credit analyst.

Last edited by phdtomd; Feb 7, 2013 at 1:08 am
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:18 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
So has anybody EVER had luck calling and getting a card that was "unable to be approved" changed to approved?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
So has anybody EVER had luck calling and getting a card that was "unable to be approved" changed to approved?
I did. Personal approved instantly, business initially declined due to too many inquiries, but a quick call to their credit department and they changed their mind. I now have the business card too.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:02 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by atxtravel
I did. Personal approved instantly, business initially declined due to too many inquiries, but a quick call to their credit department and they changed their mind. I now have the business card too.
Great! Thanks for the data point. I'll give them a call and try to work my CSR flirting magic
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:03 am
In memoriam

Reconsideration happens all the time. That's why the banks have reconsideration hotlines as have been discussed in many other threads.

Remember, search is your friend--not to mention googleing.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:13 am

approved:)

I had applied 5 days ago, and got the 7-10 day pending message. I decided to call the # from the mailing that I received (1-855-340-2676), and the automated system was able to tell me that I have been approved. I was nervous about this one based on all of the reports. I applied for this one, Ink Bold, Chase Southwest, Citi AA, and Frontier all in a row & approved for all. ^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by jandmmom
I had applied 5 days ago, and got the 7-10 day pending message. I decided to call the # from the mailing that I received (1-855-340-2676), and the automated system was able to tell me that I have been approved. I was nervous about this one based on all of the reports. I applied for this one, Ink Bold, Chase Southwest, Citi AA, and Frontier all in a row & approved for all. ^
Congrats
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:37 am

Just did my free annual credit reports and holy crap the inquiries on my Experian... looks like I'm gonna wait until July for this one. (That would make it 0 in past 6 months, 4 in past 12 months, but 15 in past 24 months.) Both TU and Equifax only have 4.

Has anyone with this card gotten an existing award reservation adjusted (to get the last night free) by calling, instead of canceling/re-booking? I have a 4 night stay in Paris in August and don't want to take the risk that I will cancel and then somehow no award rooms will be available to re-book.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
...Remember, search is your friend--not to mention googleing.
In this case, it seems reasonable to ask here whether USBank is kind in reconsidering.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:14 am

Let us know if/when you receive the bonus for both.
Originally Posted by phdtomd
Super risky...really? Personally, I hardly think I am a credit risk as a matter of fact neither did US bank... but what do I know. I'm not a credit analyst.
Yes. Think about it from the bank's perspective. When you carry such a large percentage of your available credit as debt, they think you cannot pay your current bills. So issuing you a card a risk since you've already demonstrated that you cannot afford to pay your current debt. They are afraid you won't be able to pay them either.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
...Yes. Think about it from the bank's perspective. When you carry such a large percentage of your available credit as debt, they think you cannot pay your current bills. So issuing you a card a risk since you've already demonstrated that you cannot afford to pay your current debt. They are afraid you won't be able to pay them either.
From my credit report's section on credit card utilization:

"There is no distinction between revolving and paid-in-full balances on your credit report. "

It is not necessarily a measure of whether you can afford to pay your debt. If they query at a time when most of your balances are due but not paid, you might get a high utilization percentage even though you're going to pay off every balance when due.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:56 pm
Suspended

I got the agreement terms in the mail today but no card. How many days after the terms does the actual card show up????????
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I got the agreement terms in the mail today but no card. How many days after the terms does the actual card show up????????
The card should arrive in a day or two.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Data point -- applied for Personal and Biz at the same time on 1/10, Personal was instantly approved and got it 4 days ago. For biz card they sent me a letter saying it's declined due to too many inquiries. I called in and pointed out the absurdity of them approving one card then declining another at the same instant, and all is well now. My account shows a business card as well.

Btw, I'm fully self-employed, so I do have a legitimate need for a biz card, as far as they're concerned.
Did you end up with 1 or 2 hard pulls?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Did you end up with 1 or 2 hard pulls?
No idea...sorry. I don't really keep track of inquiries as I rarely do mega-churns, and these cards I'll be keeping for a long time if the benefits don't get changed.

The biz card did arrive with the letter stating the bonus will be paid, so I'll report once I manufacture enough spend to get both bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.