Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

Has anyone applied for this card at a physical branch? I've seen some reports that US Bank pulls different bureaus (any of EX/EQ/TU, I know about the others but haven't applied for many cards recently so I'm not concerned) when applying in branch. It seems they pull EX here in MA, which I doubt I'd get approved with, but EQ or TU are better. Thoughts?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I never received an email from them, but a second account now shows up when I log into US Bank, so I guess I was approved for something. I'll just wait for the card to show up.
Yesterday the terms and conditions showed up, but still no card.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
[QUOTE=Rumeli;Originally Posted by Rumeli View Post

She is a homemaker (760+ score).
I am the joint account applicant (the guarantor) with a low 700s score.

I already have the Club Carlson Visa (Dec 12).
She got the 7 to 10 day message and after she called US Bank said that the application needs a manual review.
I wonder what the outcome would be.
I will report it here. [/QUOTE]

That is interesting. Would the bank pull your credit report also?
Originally Posted by Happy
That is interesting. Would the bank pull your credit report also?
I believe so because when I check the status with my SS# the system recognizes me as an applicant as well.

RM
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Couple data points:
Applied for myself 4 weeks ago. Denied based on churning. Called them - no one can override. Called again - we have a problem with your identity theft - if you would not call, how we would know that its you who applied. Agreed to put in que to reconsider. 1 week later approved.
For my wife:
Froze IDA and ARS 3 weeks ago. Approved instantly for both personal and business cards yesterday.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Yesterday the terms and conditions showed up, but still no card.
The card showed up today and it's the Visa Signature, so it's working out, although they never sent me an email.

Anyone have any recommendations for nice hotels to use the points on?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by al613
Couple data points:
Applied for myself 4 weeks ago. Denied based on churning. Called them - no one can override. Called again - we have a problem with your identity theft - if you would not call, how we would know that its you who applied. Agreed to put in que to reconsider. 1 week later approved.
For my wife:
Froze IDA and ARS 3 weeks ago. Approved instantly for both personal and business cards yesterday.

Can you explain a little further about how you were able to get them to reconsider. I do not understand what you are saying about identity theft and how you got them to resubmit and accept your application.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Datapoint:

Applied LifeMiles Visa in Oct 2012 - instant approval 11k cl.
Applied CC Visa (not premier) today - instant approval 12k cl.

Planning to keep both cards for anniversary bonuses and benefits.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Rumeli
Here is another unusual datapoint.

My spouse has the US Bank Flex Rewards card basic with a low limit (approved in Aug 12).
She also applied to a Chase product in December.
No other inquiries in the past 6 months.
She is a homemaker (760+ score).
I am the joint account applicant (the guarantor) with a low 700s score.

I already have the Club Carlson Visa (Dec 12).
She got the 7 to 10 day message and after she called US Bank said that the application needs a manual review.
I wonder what the outcome would be.
I will report it here.

RM
I got the good news today that she was approved for Club Carlson Platinum Rewards Visa (50,000 + 10,000 points after 1,500 spend; $50 annual fee, 25,000 points upon renewal). I knew the Premier version is out of reach but 25,000 points a year for 50 bucks is a good reason to keep the card.

RM

RM
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:22 pm

Did anyone get the Biz version of this just using their SSN?

I read though the entire thread and didn't find much specifically related to this. I'm tempted to go for the Biz version because of the lower annual fee but not sure how US Bank handles business apps if you use your SSN instead of business ID. I've not had issues with this with Chase, Citi, and Amex, but I know US Bank operates a bit differently.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Brewmaster

I read though the entire thread and didn't find much specifically related to this. I'm tempted to go for the Biz version because of the lower annual fee but not sure how US Bank handles business apps if you use your SSN instead of business ID. I've not had issues with this with Chase, Citi, and Amex, but I know US Bank operates a bit differently.
I haven't gotten this card, but I got the US FlexPerks Biz visa just using my SSN. I've never had trouble getting a business card using SSN.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rumeli
I got the good news today that she was approved for Club Carlson Platinum Rewards Visa (50,000 + 10,000 points after 1,500 spend; $50 annual fee, 25,000 points upon renewal). I knew the Premier version is out of reach but 25,000 points a year for 50 bucks is a good reason to keep the card.

RM

RM
Good for you! Thank you for update the info.

It is the first time I see a CC allows JT applicants - this is a good workaround.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by katstarr
got the fraud alert at CeeVeeEss today when trying to buy VRs. Called US BANK, spoke to fraud department. after a bunch of questions, they lifted the freeze.
Likewise, I was hassled by USBank over a few beans but they lifted the freeze immediately.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Brewmaster

I got the Biz card using only my SS# but I do own a business, it is my day job actually. Instantly approved so I never had to go through business finances with a US Bank agent like I did for Chase.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 pm
Suspended

got instantly approved for 15K. wondering if i should chance it and apply for biz card as well
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 am

Applied today for the personal 85k card and got a pending message. Is there any point to calling in, or should I just wait for the letter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.