Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DarcyMae
I've decided to pull the trigger and apply for this card. I am not currently a Club Carlson member. Does US Bank automatically sign you up for Club Carlson when you apply for this card, or do I need to do that before applying for the CC Visa? Would appreciate confirmation from someone who signed up for the credit card and was automatically enrolled.
It takes less than 5 minutes to enroll on Club Carlson's website.

This way you can add the number on the application form, and your card arrives with the number on the card - you can make sure the points would post correctly to your account.

Why would anyone wants to skip the enrollment process and prefer the bank to take its sweet time to send your information over to the loyalty program to enroll you, and then you wait for your number to come... which could take a month or two...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:44 am

UGH....Applied for the Club Carlson Card last Saturday. Not immediately approved. Called the line to see if they need any further information. They said to call back on Wednesday. On Wednesday, application was still pending. Called today. Application denied!!! The customer service agent said that the company they use to screen applicants could not verify some of the information on my application. Gave me a number to call the company. CLosed on Saturday. But said I would have to reapply. There's not that much to verify....I have worked for the same company for 20 years, lived in the same address for 16, have excellent credit???? If I reapply that will be another hit to my credit. Should I just scrap this card? Any suggestions/recommendations?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:25 am

I guess I don't understand why you have to reapply. In the past credit card issuers have given me 30 days, and if not approved in that time than I had to reapply. Maybe someone else will know more.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:32 am

That was my thought too. I thought people called the reconsideration line usually after they get denied by mail... I am a newbie at this. Maybe someone can help!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
If you a churner don't apply

This is one of these card companies that will deny you if you have too many recent inquires. Both my wife and I applied and both were denied. Both have 790+ credit scores and our mortgage is with USBank They use an outside agency and I got a copy of that report and nothing out of the ordinary except that I apply for a lot of cards.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Droch
This is one of these card companies that will deny you if you have too many recent inquires. Both my wife and I applied and both were denied. Both have 790+ credit scores and our mortgage is with USBank They use an outside agency and I got a copy of that report and nothing out of the ordinary except that I apply for a lot of cards.
I would totally agree. Same thing happened to me. I didn't get the letter from them yet but when calling in the csr informed me that I did not have enough spending on record... I'm like, I put at least 50k on credit card and have 790+ credit... Poor csr is like, please check with your credit bureau and if you feel the records are not accurate please fix your records,...

Maybe I'll just stick with Hyatt and Hilton..
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
OK over 2 hours and several posts and still noone seems to know the answer to the question....
Patience is a virtue.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Happy
Credit Karma is NOT the true credit score. Only the one from EQ is the real McCoy. Or the one supplied by the card issuer.

I just dont know why some get this letter while we dont.
If you have a banking relationship with DCU, they give you a free, actual FICO score from EQ every month. I'm fortunate that they are my local bank as well, I had them before they started doing the free credit score for members.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:29 pm

Just thought I'd add my experience with this card. I applied today for the Business version (US Bank Club Carlson Business Rewards). I decided to do the business version because the annual fee is less. I got immediately approved, which I was surprised by after having read some of other people's experiences here. I checked carefully and I was approved for the same version of the card I applied for. I didn't have to call the reconsideration line to verify my business info like I've had to with other cards. The instant approval gave me a credit limit of 1k, although when I applied for my citi business card I was also given a 1k credit limit, but when I got the card it was actually 10k. So I'm going to wait to get the card before calling to try to increase it (although a 1k limit would still allow me to get the bonus).

I've opened about 6 credit cards in the last 6 months and have a credit score of 760ish.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:07 am

Instant approval for Premier

My husband was instantly approved for the Premier card. He had 4 personal and 3 business cards in the past year but no applications in the past 6 months. I didn't apply yet because I've had other applications in the past 3 and 6 months and the reports on this thread make me cautious.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
My spouse got the 7 to 10 day "manual" review

Here is another unusual datapoint.

My spouse has the US Bank Flex Rewards card basic with a low limit (approved in Aug 12).
She also applied to a Chase product in December.
No other inquiries in the past 6 months.
She is a homemaker (760+ score).
I am the joint account applicant (the guarantor) with a low 700s score.

I already have the Club Carlson Visa (Dec 12).
She got the 7 to 10 day message and after she called US Bank said that the application needs a manual review.
I wonder what the outcome would be.
I will report it here.

RM
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rumeli
Here is another unusual datapoint.

My spouse has the US Bank Flex Rewards card basic with a low limit (approved in Aug 12).
She also applied to a Chase product in December.
No other inquiries in the past 6 months.
She is a homemaker (760+ score).
I am the joint account applicant (the guarantor) with a low 700s score.

I already have the Club Carlson Visa (Dec 12).
She got the 7 to 10 day message and after she called US Bank said that the application needs a manual review.
I wonder what the outcome would be.
I will report it here.

RM
That is interesting. Would the bank pull your credit report also?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:48 pm

For those of you who have received the card and did NOT have a Club Carlson account prior to applying for it, did the card come with a Club Carlson account number printed on it? Or do you have to manually sign up and link it to the credit card?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:29 pm

got the fraud alert at CeeVeeEss today when trying to buy VRs. Called US BANK, spoke to fraud department. after a bunch of questions, they lifted the freeze.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lolbombs
For those of you who have received the card and did NOT have a Club Carlson account prior to applying for it, did the card come with a Club Carlson account number printed on it? Or do you have to manually sign up and link it to the credit card?
Do you want to make sure the correct Club Carlson account number is attached to the credit card therefore ensure timely posting of the points?

Or do you want to leave this up to the US Bank to apply a Club Carlson account for you and wait for that to attach to your account while you dont have any way of knowing until being informed either by Club Carlson (most likely) or by the bank (probably never happens )?

Your choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.