Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
Ok, so it's been 3 weeks since I applied and I'm still not seeing the free 2nd night. I go to Radisson.com and try to book a dummy reservation. When I click on the points option it says I don't have enough points and I never get to the screen where it shows the free 2nd night.
And you do have enough points for 1 night, right? If you don't have enough for 1 night you won't get to the second page. I mentioned earlier that you can also check your My Account page and see if you have a new category called "Bonus Award Nights Redeemed". That's easier than dummy bookings.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Awwucks
And you do have enough points for 1 night, right? If you don't have enough for 1 night you won't get to the second page. I mentioned earlier that you can also check your My Account page and see if you have a new category called "Bonus Award Nights Redeemed". That's easier than dummy bookings.
I do not have enough points for the booking. I DO see the "Bonus Award Nights Redeemed" on my account summary page so I should be good to go. No card in the mail yesterday, so fingers crossed it comes soon.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:11 pm

Ok, so it's been 3 weeks since I applied and I'm still not seeing the free 2nd night. I go to Radisson.com and try to book a dummy reservation. When I click on the points option it says I don't have enough points and I never get to the screen where it shows the free 2nd night.
Are you approved?
Call 1800 947 1444.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Are you approved?
Call 1800 947 1444.
Yes, I was instantly approved Dec 21st and received the card info earlier this week.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: A bunch
Data point:

Applied as part of a mini 3 card AOR a few days ago. Called the next day and got the declined message.

Spoke to a live rep to confirm some info and they transferred to verification dept. All was verified and they said it will continue to process.

Called the automated line again the next day and was approved. 8 inquiries on on Exp, only 2/3 on TU in the past year. Was not expecting to be approved on this one.

Looking fwd to having the card for carlson redemptions and to have a relationship with US bank as this is my first US bank card.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I was instantly approved Dec 21st and received the card info earlier this week.
That is a long time you are still waiting the card!

I got the deferred message and was approved on 20th according to the rep. My card arrived in about a week from the approval date.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:05 am

my credit is good, but I have a lot of cards, so I was surprised to be approved for the Club Carlson Business Card.

I have a question about fulfilling the spend requirement (it may have already been asked, but I did a quick search and nothing came up). I know US Bank is supposed to be "difficult" but I'm not sure what that means. Is there anything to be particularly cautious about - I.e. can you use amazon payments or VR/Bluebird - what has been known to trigger problems (FR or treating transactions as cash advances) with them? thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I applied for the Club Carlson Card yesterday. I got the dreaded "7-10 days" status. I called their number and talked to someone and all she would say is it takes 3-5 for a decision...so I'll check back on Jan 16. *bites fingernails*
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I applied for the Club Carlson Card yesterday. I got the dreaded "7-10 days" status. I called their number and talked to someone and all she would say is it takes 3-5 for a decision...so I'll check back on Jan 16. *bites fingernails*
they seem to work on their own time.... When I applied, I called immediately, as I have a fraud alert on my credit, and credit card issuers always have to speak to me before approving an application. I explained that usually other banks, such as chase or citi, like it when I follow up with a call because that expedites the process and makes their job of trying to contact me, so much easier. The response I got was - we're not chase or citi - we'll do it our way....
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:04 pm

thanks katstarr. I'll wait a while before I call. I got the dreaded 7-10days. Excellent credit score... but way too many cards right now.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Data point:

Applied as part of a mini 3 card AOR a few days ago. Called the next day and got the declined message.

Spoke to a live rep to confirm some info and they transferred to verification dept. All was verified and they said it will continue to process.

Called the automated line again the next day and was approved. 8 inquiries on on Exp, only 2/3 on TU in the past year. Was not expecting to be approved on this one.

Looking fwd to having the card for carlson redemptions and to have a relationship with US bank as this is my first US bank card.
Did you freeze the ARS/ICS report before applying? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:46 pm

Data Point:

Applied last tuesday (1/8) in a "mini" 4 card AOR. I thought I would roll the dice, as I have applied to 8 cards in the last year, with only 1 being in the last 6 months.

Got the 7-10 day message. I like to play it cool and just get the letter in the mail and then call if I need to. It's too cold to walk to the mailbox right now, but my US bank acct has another CC in it (also have a REI visa for about 5 years, hardly spend anything). My club carlson account is allowing the 2 for 1 award night bookings, but they still have me at silver.

Anyway, looks like I am approved!

Looking forward to all the 2 for 1 award redemptions!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:56 pm

It's been 3 weeks since approval and still no card for me. I'm calling US Bank tomorrow to sort this out, and maybe they'll expedite the card to me. Anyone know if the min spend requirement starts form when you activate the card or when you're approved? Because at this rate I'll only have 2 months to complete min spend when I get the card instead of 3 months.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been 3 weeks since approval and still no card for me. I'm calling US Bank tomorrow to sort this out, and maybe they'll expedite the card to me. Anyone know if the min spend requirement starts form when you activate the card or when you're approved? Because at this rate I'll only have 2 months to complete min spend when I get the card instead of 3 months.
Approved. I talked to the CSR after I got the card and wanted to know when the clock started ticking. He said was from the opening of the account, meaning the date of approval.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:43 pm

My understanding is that it starts on the day of approval too. Hopefully they can expedite it for you. Did you get the t & c? Usually the card comes after it. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.