Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
One thing I can't find the answer to...you can only have one CC card at a time (either of the 2 personal cards) but does that include the business card as well? I have the personal sig card, am I eligible for the bonus on the biz card while it is open?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by fredc84
One thing I can't find the answer to...you can only have one CC card at a time (either of the 2 personal cards) but does that include the business card as well? I have the personal sig card, am I eligible for the bonus on the biz card while it is open?
Yes, you can have a personal card and a business card concurrently, using the same SS number, or an SS number and an EIN.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Yes, you can have a personal card and a business card concurrently, using the same SS number, or an SS number and an EIN.
I know on the AA thread it's recommended to open a AA Bus card with a new, about to start, business. Even if you already have a solid business, it's easier to just apply as 1 employee (yourself), no years in business, no income yet. That way Citi doesn't have any reason to ask you to prove anything.

I don't recall anything about this with USB. Any data points on applying for a Carlson Bus card with a brand new business? Because that's the only kind of business I have, and I'm not about to lie on the app.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I know on the AA thread it's recommended to open a AA Bus card with a new, about to start, business. Even if you already have a solid business, it's easier to just apply as 1 employee (yourself), no years in business, no income yet. That way Citi doesn't have any reason to ask you to prove anything.

I don't recall anything about this with USB. Any data points on applying for a Carlson Bus card with a brand new business? Because that's the only kind of business I have, and I'm not about to lie on the app.
Well than I'll be the DP. I've had a CC personal card open for 7 months, with $4K spend so far. Applied 4 days ago for a CC Bus card. Applied with 'less than one year in business, zero income, one employee (me), generic retail business'. Got a "we will let you know" message. Then today I see USB has added it to my account page with a $17K CL.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:15 pm

Well than I'll be the DP. I've had a CC personal card open for 7 months, with $4K spend so far. Applied 4 days ago for a CC Bus card. Applied with 'less than one year in business, zero income, one employee (me), generic retail business'. Got a "we will let you know" message. Then today I see USB has added it to my account page with a $17K CL.
Yea, same here. I applied a week ago and saw the biz card added to my accounts list a couple days later.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yea, same here. I applied a week ago and saw the biz card added to my accounts list a couple days later.
Did you use the same Club Carlson membership number on the business card application?

In the past US bank / Club Carlson do not allow more than one CC attached to the Club Carlson account. Wonder is the restriction lifted now.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Did you use the same Club Carlson membership number on the business card application?

In the past US bank / Club Carlson do not allow more than one CC attached to the Club Carlson account. Wonder is the restriction lifted now.
Oh great, NOW you mention that, lol. I didn't even think of it. So, yea, I used the same club number on my app. I'll let you know if it works.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:18 pm

Does USbank frown on churners ? I just received an instant denial, FICO over 800, ten or so new cards in the past 6 months.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does USbank frown on churners ? I just received an instant denial, FICO over 800, ten or so new cards in the past 6 months.
Only one app in the past 6 months, still seems to get an instant denial for the business card which I hope to replace the personal card. After an extensive circling pause got the "You will be notify the decision in 7 to 10 business day" screen. OTOH, it still said "Continue" at the bottom, from there it brought up a BT screen with Continue button at the bottom. Clicked that and it gave the same "You will be notify the decision in 7 to 10 business day" screen again.

Try to find if it is possible to check status online - US Bank gives 2 methods, one via a passcode, the other via logging in one's online account.

There is no Passcode sent by US Bank to enable online checking of application status. Even weirder is, using the other method logging into existing US Bank online account (I have the personal card), system said there was no record of recent application / document.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 7, 2017 at 9:31 am
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:42 am

Only one app in the past 6 months, still seems to get an instant denial for the business card which I hope to replace the personal card. After an extensive circling pause got the "You will be notify the decision in 7 to 10 business day" screen. OTOH, it still said "Continue" at the bottom, from there it brought up a BT screen with Continue button at the bottom. Clicked that and it gave the same "You will be notify the decision in 7 to 10 business day" screen again.

Try to find if it is possible to check status online - US Bank gives 2 methods, one via a passcode, the other via logging in one's online account.

There is no Passcode sent by US Bank to enable online checking of application status. Even weirder is, using the other method logging into existing US Bank online account (I have the personal card), system said there was no record of recent application / document.
The biz card I just got approved for showed up on my accounts page after a couple days (I still don't have the card in hand, yet). I've had 5 apps in the last 6 months and 12 in the last year.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:02 am

I did use the same CC # for the Bus account as I used for the personal CC card I still have open. It shows up on my USB accounts page, and I just got the T/C letter yesterday, but the actual card hasn't arrived yet. I'll post if/when the points post to my CC account, but that will be a little while due to the min spnd.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The biz card I just got approved for showed up on my accounts page after a couple days (I still don't have the card in hand, yet). I've had 5 apps in the last 6 months and 12 in the last year.
I did use the same CC # for the Bus account as I used for the personal CC card I still have open. It shows up on my USB accounts page, and I just got the T/C letter yesterday, but the actual card hasn't arrived yet. I'll post if/when the points post to my CC account, but that will be a little while due to the min spnd.
Thanks guys for more details. I will see if I am lucky enough to see the Biz card showing up in my account later this week. The personal card anniversary is in Dec. I hope I can replace it with the cheaper business card version, and of course a sign up bonus too.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:55 am

Thanks guys for more details. I will see if I am lucky enough to see the Biz card showing up in my account later this week. The personal card anniversary is in Dec. I hope I can replace it with the cheaper business card version, and of course a sign up bonus too.
Crossing my fingers for you.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Crossing my fingers for you.
Thank you!

Just check this morning, the Business Card shows up with 10K CL. The timeline is pretty fast - applied on Tuesday morning, card showed up Thursday morning.

My personal card has 22K CL. Only used it twice in 2017 at 6 months interval to keep the card active. Though in 2016 spent just over $10K to earn a domestic free night cert when there was not much else meaningful to do and we also needed a few award nights in the Baltic where Radisson Blu has large presence.
I wonder if I could move the CL to the Business card if I decide to cancel the personal card.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Downgraded to a no fee card after the program was gutted. Never found any use for the (now expired) free room certs that I received as comp (US ones were useless and Euro one useless for family of 4).

Still have 135k orphan points sitting in my account! Maybe someday I will have occasion to stay at a Radisson Blu in Europe though was not impressed with the London Waterloo property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.