Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun
FINAL UPDATE:

Couple of days ago, the robot said "unable to be approved", so i asked for a non-robot and she dead on pointed that the reason for "unable to be approved" was basically because i had applied to so many cards recently. I've applied to like 15 in last 3 months
15 in 3 months?!?! Were you approved for all of those? That's a crazy number in such a short time.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
15 in 3 months?!?! Were you approved for all of those? That's a crazy number in such a short time.
come to think of it, it probably was 13 in like 3.5 month. But yes I was approved for all.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:16 pm

come to think of it, it probably was 13 in like 3.5 month. But yes I was approved for all.
Wow. Impressive.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Tizzette
US Bank makes it complicated to make payments online. Not user friendly. Their website and policies are different than the rest. You can pay online on time or a few days early but for some weird explanation that makes no sense to me, it will not be credited as on time. So for me, it is pay with paper checks. I never use this card except at Carlson hotels.
It is simple and straightforward if you have a bank account with them. Payment can post immediately on the same day or on another day of your choosing. Never had any problems. Now, it may be a different story if you're using an external bank account.

FINAL UPDATE:

Couple of days ago, the robot said "unable to be approved", so i asked for a non-robot and she dead on pointed that the reason for "unable to be approved" was basically because i had applied to so many cards recently. I've applied to like 15 in last 3 months ....
Freezing IDA/ARS helps increase the chance of getting auto-approved with US so you don't have to call them.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
To get the free award certificate, you need to spend $10K per year. I'm assuming it's the anniversary year of your card?

For instance, if your anniversary year is 03/01 and you were already charged the annual fee on that day, can I still meet the 10K spend before the end of the month or is it too late? Note that the billing cycle in which the AF was charged hasn't closed yet.

UPDATE: It's $10K spent in the 12 months prior to the card's anniversary:
One Club CarlsonSM Visa® Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (“E-Cert”) is available per Account if (i) you renew your Account by paying the Annual Fee by the due date printed on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed, and (ii) you charged US $10,000 or more in Net Purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) on the Account during the 12-month period immediately prior to the statement on which the Annual Fee is billed. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Club Carlson Account Profile in order to receive your E-Cert. Your E-Cert will be available in your Club Carlson account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee.

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Apr 10, 2016 at 1:58 am
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
To get the free award certificate, you need to spend $10K per year. I'm assuming it's the anniversary year of your card?

For instance, if your anniversary year is 03/01 and you were already charged the annual fee on that day, can I still meet the 10K spend before the end of the month or is it too late? Note that the billing cycle in which the AF was charged hasn't closed yet.
i think you're right but do note that free night is only valid in US properties.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:27 am

I tried asking why I never received a free night worldwide since my wife and friends did, and they said the card has a yearly free night after spending $10k and they gave me 7,500 points as a courtesy. What a crock.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL

I think it is the statement date when the fee is charged, so it may be too late. I would send out a secure message to confirm.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
It is simple and straightforward if you have a bank account with them. Payment can post immediately on the same day or on another day of your choosing. Never had any problems. Now, it may be a different story if you're using an external bank account.
CheckFreePay (from WalMart or Serve/Bluebird/Redbird) also works, and is as simple and straightforward as paying any other bill.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:18 pm

Anyone got an idea on how long before first 50k points are posted?

When will Club Carson ship me my ID? Do I have to make one?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Can US Bank confirm when you pass $10k threshold?

I spent just over $10k in my last membership year. I called to ask CS whether I would be getting the annual free night. - Rep seemed clueless - she claimed to be able to look back less than one full year and noted I spent < $10k in that partial year period.

Is there a way to get US Bank to verify that you've met the threshold req't and will get a free night? LISTEN up US Bank.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by eethan
I spent just over $10k in my last membership year. I called to ask CS whether I would be getting the annual free night. - Rep seemed clueless - she claimed to be able to look back less than one full year and noted I spent < $10k in that partial year period.

Is there a way to get US Bank to verify that you've met the threshold req't and will get a free night? LISTEN up US Bank.
1-Huca
2-Send SM
3-Do the math yourself, if you are sure you spent more than $10k, just wait 60 days after statement periods ends and you should get certificate by email, also viewable in your CC account.
4- If you do not get it, file a complaint with CFPB against USBANK: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

5- You will get back a response from Office of the President in 48 hours.

I recommend patience, I think US Bank is incompetent, not ill willed.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I SM'd US Bank in clear language, stating the exact amount I spent in last 12 months. They shot me a generic reply telling me to spend $10k to get the free night.

I give up in the face of such stupidity!

Will wait and see. If I don't get the free night, I'll call them up and get one, just like all of you freeloaders who haven't spent a dime on this card.

But then what's the point of setting a $10k threshold?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
The email replies from US Bank are the most moronic crap I have ever seen. Makes the IHG Rewards guys look respectable, wow!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Anyone had luck extending the expiration date on an e-cert?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.