Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tinker25
update - USbank CSR said she can see my points, however, I can not see it at USBank login neither under Central account or card account, year-to-date 0 points, no reward history. USBank eventually said that they are going to research, within 7-10 biz days, meanwhile, asking me to contact CC. CC is closed now for the day. Wondering if the points were ever sent to CC. Will know tomorrow
You may have TWO Club Carlson accounts. It is a known issue at Club Carlson that it can only associated with ONE credit card. Your Business Card's bonus might be in a Club Carlson account that you dont even know exist.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You may have TWO Club Carlson accounts. It is a known issue at Club Carlson that it can only associated with ONE credit card. Your Business Card's bonus might be in a Club Carlson account that you dont even know exist.
Same thing happened to me. They created a second Club Carlson account for you.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Good news is that finally got to ClubCarlson, they do have my points of biz card, while talking with the CSR, also learnt that I can combine the points of both personal and biz over the phone, instant, so I did.

Thanks for everyone's reply...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:49 pm

So the new 10k in spend equaling a free night as of June 1, 2015, is this any Carlson hotel, and what are the blackout dates? I called them and they didn't know too much. When you do reach the 10K of MS and get the free night, does the free night instantly appear in your CC account? And then I assume starting June 2016 they will start you all over at 0 and you have to work up to 10K again?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
So the new 10k in spend equaling a free night as of June 1, 2015, is this any Carlson hotel, and what are the blackout dates? I called them and they didn't know too much. When you do reach the 10K of MS and get the free night, does the free night instantly appear in your CC account? And then I assume starting June 2016 they will start you all over at 0 and you have to work up to 10K again?
I think it's too early for anyone to have actually started getting certificates yet, but based on the tnc's from the website, it should work like this:

- Spend 10k during your cardmember year (calculated based on "the 12 months prior to paying your annual fee")

- Pay your annual fee.

- Wait 6 to 8 weeks after paying the annual fee for them to send you an "e-cert" via email.

- redeem the cert for one standard room at any Carlson property IN THE US.

Website doesn't say anything more specific about blackout dates (I'd hope that we'll at least be able to use them anytime standard points awards are available, but who knows) or the redemption process. Hopefully folks can start filling in these details when certs start showing up in the wild.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:45 am

Annual Fee refunded

After I was initially told by a supervisor that they will not refund the Annual fee due to giving me the 7500 points in May, I filed a complaint. 5 days later they called me and initially hesitated to offer a refund but when I mentioned that I am a good costumer with long time checking relationship that I would like to keep they agreed to refund the fee if I closed the Club Carlson Credit Card. I agreed and fee reversal posted next day.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I have received my free night certificate.
My annual fee was charged in May. I got my card last June and have spent >10k, but no spending at all since they announced devaluation in April.
I suspect the 10k is counted from the 12 month period before renewal.

In fine print of the certificate:
One Club Carlson SM Visa ® Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate ("E-Cert") is available per Account if (i) you renew your Account by paying the Annual Fee by the due date printed on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed, and (ii) you charged US $10,000 or more on the Account during the 12-month period immediately prior to the statement on which the Annual Fee is billed. Your E-Cert will be available in your Club Carlson account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked online using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu ®, Radisson ®, Park Plaza ®, Park Inn ® by Radisson, or Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotel in the United States. All taxes are included.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Is it an email or a paper certificate?
Originally Posted by Ayase
My annual fee was charged in May. I got my card last June and have spent >10k, but no spending at all since they announced devaluation in April.

One Club Carlson SM Visa ® Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate ("E-Cert") is available per Account if (i) you renew your Account by paying the Annual Fee by the due date printed on the statement in which the Annual Fee is billed, and (ii) you charged US $10,000 or more on the Account during the 12-month period immediately prior to the statement on which the Annual Fee is billed. Your E-Cert will be available in your Club Carlson account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee. Each E-Cert is valid for a new reservation booked online using the unique E-Cert code provided. Each E-Cert is valid for one night in one standard room, double occupancy, at any Radisson Blu ®, Radisson ®, Park Plaza ®, Park Inn ® by Radisson, or Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotel in the United States. All taxes are included.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by al613
Is it an email or a paper certificate?
Email, and it is also in Club Carlson account online.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hmmm... I've spent $10K+ and paid the fee in April but did not receive anything yet.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Hmmm... I've spent $10K+ and paid the fee in April but did not receive anything yet.
The free night benefit only became effective on June 1, 2015, so I don't think that you would be eligible to get it for spending that occurred in your last card member year (the 12 months before you paid the fee in April)... You would have to spend another 10k this cardmember year and pay the annual fee next April before you receive a free night.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NRTBound2015
The free night benefit only became effective on June 1, 2015, so I don't think that you would be eligible to get it for spending that occurred in your last card member year (the 12 months before you paid the fee in April)... You would have to spend another 10k this cardmember year and pay the annual fee next April before you receive a free night.
Not according to Ayase and Club Carlson Twitter team...

Originally Posted by Ayase

I was skeptical when I asked the Twitter team for clarification regarding spending requirement for a Free Night Certificate back in April. Ayase's receipt of the certificate is promising. I'll give it a few days and contact Club Carlson if I don't get one.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:23 pm

I'm confused by the "Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months" mention in the wiki. Does this prevent me from getting simultaneous (or near-simultaneous) bonuses for applying to Personal & Business at the same time? (I've never had either personal or business for Club Carlson.) Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 pm

Data point for AF refund

I called about a week ago and asked to cancel my business and personal Club Carlson cards, which I had opened in April, and also for a refund of the annual fee due to the program no longer offering the last night free benefit. Rep said she would submit a request to cancel and refund the fee, but it would be prorated, and it would take about a week.

Checked today and the entire fee has been refunded on both cards. There's no evidence yet that the cards have actually been canceled.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrdeke
I called about a week ago and asked to cancel my business and personal Club Carlson cards, which I had opened in April, and also for a refund of the annual fee due to the program no longer offering the last night free benefit. Rep said she would submit a request to cancel and refund the fee, but it would be prorated, and it would take about a week.

Checked today and the entire fee has been refunded on both cards. There's no evidence yet that the cards have actually been canceled.
The automated phone system would tell you whether your cards are active or closed. The website does not seem to tell you that. Unlike other banks online accounts, the US Banks is very primitive - it does not even show available credit lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.