Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
It will work right now, no waiting period. Just click through your booking, at the very end, the points rate will drop in half. I'm not sure if you need the x2 amount to initiate the booking, but the rate shows as x2 for several screens before it drops in half.
You don't need 2x in your account to make the booking. At one point a screen will come up asking for name of guest. If you try to put someone else's name in it won't allow it, an explanation will pop up that you dont have enough points because the free night is only when the member stays.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by alect
Yes indeed - one complication - I don't currently live in USA. So can't walk into a store to buy a VGC. I think my options are limited to Amex GC bought online.

Are there any other options - like virtual GCs (visa or Amex) which I don't even have to get delivered?
You could buy an amazon GC and either put it into your account or sell it (I have not done the latter but I often do the former to burn tiny balance on amex GC). Of course this means having to buy something at amazon.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:21 pm

Finally made the call to cancel the card and get my fee back.
Bonus award night taking away was horrible. Than they announced another major devaluation that require more points at over 300 of their properties. That was the last nail in the coffin for me. The 40K bonus for $75 is pathetic since the program is basically destroyed by them & the so called GOLD BENEFIT is pathetic as well.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; May 29, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 11:19 pm

A question before making last-minute bookings with CC points. I apologize if answered already.

My parents and my sister's family are going to Europe this summer. They want to stay in separate rooms but same hotel. I happen to have 100K CC points. The hotel they're interested in is 50K. Could I use 50K to book 2 nights for my parents and 50K for 2 nights for my sister, on the same dates? I know I can book for someone else using CC points, but I don't know if I can do 2 rooms at the same time. Anyone know?
Old May 29, 2015, 11:59 pm

So I used 44K points to book a room for Day 1 & 2 (Fri & Sat). Then used another 44K for Day 4 & 5 (Mon & Tue). Finally used 44k for only one day (Day 3 on Sun). These are three separate reservations for a total of five nights.

Can I just call the hotel and tell them to book same room for the three reservations spanning five nights? Or do I just wait till I get to the hotel to let them know? These rooms are $459/night so I did not care that I was using 44K for one night as the Club Carlson site would not allow booking of a Sat & Sun together or allow 3 consecutive two day award stays as we all know.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
A question before making last-minute bookings with CC points. I apologize if answered already.

My parents and my sister's family are going to Europe this summer. They want to stay in separate rooms but same hotel. I happen to have 100K CC points. The hotel they're interested in is 50K. Could I use 50K to book 2 nights for my parents and 50K for 2 nights for my sister, on the same dates? I know I can book for someone else using CC points, but I don't know if I can do 2 rooms at the same time. Anyone know?
You can only book one of the rooms with the extra free night and the rez must be in your name and you'd need to do a MR to check your parents in. For your sisters room you could use the remaining 50k and book in her name but she would only get one night. May not be worth it. Then again YMMV so you could give it a try.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
So I used 44K points to book a room for Day 1 & 2 (Fri & Sat). Then used another 44K for Day 4 & 5 (Mon & Tue). Finally used 44k for only one day (Day 3 on Sun). These are three separate reservations for a total of five nights.

Can I just call the hotel and tell them to book same room for the three reservations spanning five nights? Or do I just wait till I get to the hotel to let them know? These rooms are $459/night so I did not care that I was using 44K for one night as the Club Carlson site would not allow booking of a Sat & Sun together or allow 3 consecutive two day award stays as we all know.
Guess I'll answer my own question. I called the hotel and was told since it's the same bed type and room type I would not need to move after the first Day 1 check in but I'll probably need to have them re-activate the room card key after each reservation concludes.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Called to complain about the gutting. Got 7500 points for EACH of our 3 separate business accounts.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:21 pm

My spouse and I both got the personal cards in March. I called Friday to complain Friday about the devaluation and the rep said a supervisor would call by the next day. Her familiarity with the situation made it seem that this happens quite often.

The supervisor called from an undisclosed number on caller id. He offered to close the account for a refund of the fee or 7500 points. I took the points and asked if he could do the same for my spouse, which he did after verifying her identify on the phone. On sum, we are still not happy, but 15k points is points.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:58 pm

I would have taken the annual fee. Can you even get a room for less than 28k points now?
Old May 31, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by diseased
I would have taken the annual fee. Can you even get a room for less than 28k points now?
Here's the list of Club Carlson Category 2 properties (15,000 points/night):

http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/hotel....do?category=2
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by gmangg
My spouse and I both got the personal cards in March. I called Friday to complain Friday about the devaluation and the rep said a supervisor would call by the next day. Her familiarity with the situation made it seem that this happens quite often.

The supervisor called from an undisclosed number on caller id. He offered to close the account for a refund of the fee or 7500 points. I took the points and asked if he could do the same for my spouse, which he did after verifying her identify on the phone. On sum, we are still not happy, but 15k points is points.
For a limited time, you can cancel the card and get full fee back regardless of the date you paid the fee. Thanks to CFPB.

I will take the $75 over 7500 points which is worth about $20. For stay in Asia, if you book bit early you can get room for around $20 a night at their motels like PARK INN or park plaza. Even if you got that retention points before, you can still get your fee back without having to say anything more than " I am calling to cancel the card for fee refund due to bonus award night benefit being removed and massive award rate increase up to 70K points a night for standard room".

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Jun 1, 2015 at 1:50 am
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Does anyone know if I were to call in to cancel the card for an annual fee credit, would it cancel out my remaining 2-for-1 award reservations, or keep those intact? If it kills them, I'd just as soon keep the ones I have booked (but have yet to stay) than have the money back.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Does anyone know if I were to call in to cancel the card for an annual fee credit, would it cancel out my remaining 2-for-1 award reservations, or keep those intact? If it kills them, I'd just as soon keep the ones I have booked (but have yet to stay) than have the money back.
your existing reservations have NOTHING to do with the card canceled or not.
you can cancel and get your $75 and existing bookings remain on your CC account.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Between my wife and I , we have over 40 nites booked at Carlson properties over the next 18 months. I would be concerned about canceling our 2 business cards as we would lose our gold status - and our upgrades. We are keeping them. I spoke to Club Carlson and US Bank today about the free nite after $10K in annual spending. Neither CSR really knew what they were talking about. What I was told was that the statement cycle after your annual fee hits, Club Carlson will post a free nite to your account. I could not get any clarification about the free nite. Whether that would be points, how long it's valid, how to redeem, etc. They just don't know. My annual fee posted beginning of May. Should find out in the next month or so (I hope.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.