Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:49 pm

im looking to book 2 nite at radisson blu in cebu
its during a holiday event so i might have to do it soon
but the issue is i am uncertain of my flights
any1 have experience in booking and cancelling?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
im looking to book 2 nite at radisson blu in cebu
its during a holiday event so i might have to do it soon
but the issue is i am uncertain of my flights
any1 have experience in booking and cancelling?
points instantly redeposit back to your account the moment you cancel your ressie. Virtually all hotel programs act this way. Should it not do so, it is temporary system glitch and in this case you would need to call CS. HHonors and SPG tend to have glitch every now and then. Never experience such glitch with Club Carlson.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:12 pm

Anyone getting charged Cash Advance fees with Amex Serve? I did 3 loads of $200 each and I got charge $10 each time. I don't remember anyone on this thread saying they get charged using Serve so I'm wondering if this is a new thing or is it just with this card? I had a US Bank FlexPerks card and used Serve to load before and I never got charged for CA fees >_>
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Venomous West
Anyone getting charged Cash Advance fees with Amex Serve? I did 3 loads of $200 each and I got charge $10 each time. I don't remember anyone on this thread saying they get charged using Serve so I'm wondering if this is a new thing or is it just with this card? I had a US Bank FlexPerks card and used Serve to load before and I never got charged for CA fees >_>
yep, change happened about a month ago. US Bank and a couple other card providers are now classifying Serve as a Cash Advance. There's a long thread with wiki in the MS forum about it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by dagaetch
yep, change happened about a month ago. US Bank and a couple other card providers are now classifying Serve as a Cash Advance. There's a long thread with wiki in the MS forum about it.
That's lame. Serve is my main source for MS too since I don't really need to do the VR/GC route. I just checked one of my Citi Visa and I guess I got lucky since it didn't charge me CA fees for the $1000 I load.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:49 pm

Is it a dumb idea to spend 28k points on a completely unremarkable 2-night stay in Omaha, NE when I could just spend $115 w/tax and stay at a perfectly fine hotel with free breakfast? I only have Club Carlson and Marriott points at the moment. Marriott would be 30k points but I have nearly 300k and I'm planning to use them for a hotel+air package.

It kinda seems like Club Carlson points are the hardest to earn and maybe I should save them for a better use, like 50k points for a weekend in NYC or something. Thoughts?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Applied around 10/20. Instant approval premier 9k
Received the card on 10/28. First spend on 10/29 almost done with 2500 spending requirement.

I have a 9 night stay coming up at a Country Inn and will be nice to get gold benefit (especially 35% extra points).

I haven't got the gold status yet, anyone knows how long to get the gold status?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Applied around 10/20. Instant approval premier 9k
Received the card on 10/28. First spend on 10/29 almost done with 2500 spending requirement.

I have a 9 night stay coming up at a Country Inn and will be nice to get gold benefit (especially 35% extra points).

I haven't got the gold status yet, anyone knows how long to get the gold status?
gold and points bonus hit my account the day my first statement was available.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by HotPie
Is it a dumb idea to spend 28k points on a completely unremarkable 2-night stay in Omaha, NE when I could just spend $115 w/tax and stay at a perfectly fine hotel with free breakfast? I only have Club Carlson and Marriott points at the moment. Marriott would be 30k points but I have nearly 300k and I'm planning to use them for a hotel+air package.

It kinda seems like Club Carlson points are the hardest to earn and maybe I should save them for a better use, like 50k points for a weekend in NYC or something. Thoughts?
If it's $115 w/tax PER NIGHT in Omaha, then it's not a dumb idea at all to use the points. I value Club Carlson points at or below 0.5 cent/point before the last night free benefit (1 cent if using 2 nights w/ free night each stay). You can spend 28k points or $230.

I think you have it backwards. I think Club Carlson points are among the easiest to earn. 5 points per dollar spent on all non-Club Carlson categories. And you get 40k points every year upon renewal, which gives you 2 nights free in Omaha with 12k leftover points.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by kip1124
If it's $115 w/tax PER NIGHT in Omaha, then it's not a dumb idea at all to use the points. I value Club Carlson points at or below 0.5 cent/point before the last night free benefit (1 cent if using 2 nights w/ free night each stay). You can spend 28k points or $230.

I think you have it backwards. I think Club Carlson points are among the easiest to earn. 5 points per dollar spent on all non-Club Carlson categories. And you get 40k points every year upon renewal, which gives you 2 nights free in Omaha with 12k leftover points.
It's $115 total for two nights. I meant difficult to earn in the sense that the card can't be churned and the only other card with a sign-up bonus is the business card. I guess spending $5600 to get my 28k points back isn't that big of a deal though.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:56 pm

It's $115 total for two nights. I meant difficult to earn in the sense that the card can't be churned and the only other card with a sign-up bonus is the business card. I guess spending $5600 to get my 28k points back isn't that big of a deal though.
If you are not going to visit expensive European cities where 50,000 equates $1,000 for two nights, then by all means, use the points in a way that is most useful to YOU.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL

Club Carlson points are the easiest to earn. 5X at all spend.
Best used at nice properties in Europe using last night free. A room in peak summer travel in Europe can easily cost more than $300/ night.

If you have no intentions of going to Europe, then stay at Country Inn & Suites in US. I have stayed at a couple just ok properties for redemption of 15k & 9k still using last night free. They all include free breakfast.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dagaetch
gold and points bonus hit my account the day my first statement was available.
Thanks.

I called US Bank yesterday to see if they will give me instant gold but they told me to call Club Carlson.

I will try to call Club Carlson and see what they say. Even if they say NO, my statement date is 11/19 so I should anyway get my gold status next week.

I will let you know what Club Carlson says.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:18 pm

I contacted US Bank and was told they don't offer to lower Cash Advance limit to $0. What kind of BS is that?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I was planning to wait till Dec which would give me 4 mos from my last 3 cc applications made in July but when I went to check hotel dates some were not available with points for next June so I jumped on the application for the signature card 60,000 Bonus Gold Points to start -
Receive 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase.
Plus 10,000 points once you spend $1,500 on your card within the first 90 days.
I applied for the lower version thinking it would give me a better chance at getting the card for my one time use next June.
I got a pending decision.
Fico score 800

Credit sesame : Pulled Experian

Last edited by duranza; Nov 15, 2014 at 7:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.