Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:35 am

Barclay's NFL Card 400$ after 1000$ for Other teams.

Yesterday I already posted the link for Barclay's NFL Card for making 400$ statement credit after 1000$ spend for Packers, Broncos, Eagles and Cowboys.

I managed to figure out the application for rest of the teams as well. It took a good 2 hours, but I have the links for other teams as well.

If someone wants to apply for a different NFL team right away, please hit me up and I can send the link. Right now I do not have the links for all the teams, but for some teams.I will post the links this evening for all the 32 teams once I get home as it is in a document at home.

This way you don't have to flash the card of some team that you don't care for just because you want to make 400$.

Last edited by Kasiraman; Oct 26, 2012 at 7:41 am
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by Kasiraman
Yesterday I already posted the link for Barclay's NFL Card for making 400$ statement credit after 1000$ spend for Packers, Broncos, Eagles and Cowboys.

I managed to figure out the application for rest of the teams as well. It took a good 2 hours, but I have the links for other teams as well.

If someone wants to apply for a different NFL team right away, please hit me up and I can send the link. Right now I do not have the links for all the teams, but for some teams.I will post the links this evening for all the 32 teams once I get home as it is in a document at home.

This way you don't have to flash the card of some team that you don't care for just because you want to make 400$.
You are the man!!!! if I was ever caught flashing a Cowboys card i would probably have to change my name and get plastic surgery...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I wish i could apply but I just got an Amex FR scare this week and im gonna be gardening for the next 6 months
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:42 am

Amex FR Scare is probably because of inconsistent usage where there is a lull and there is a spike and from my knowledge it happens to users who have Business Credit Cards and not because of your credit worthiness.

IMHO, I would not let that stop me from applying for a Barclay's card as they usually pull TU. Although AMEX might look at your credit report and might decide your a churner..lol which we all are
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:47 am

Guys... I cant figure this promo out... Is it as simple as sending a grand through the jungle in 2 months and paying back $600? I see notes that say this is for memorabilia amd other nfl type stuff.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:53 am

You spend 1000 on anything you choose and not just NFL items. You get 40000 points which is the same as 400$. You ask for statement credit against your purchases. So if you have 3 purchases say 15, 27 and 300 you can ask for statement credit for 27 and 300 and not for 15 as the credit has to be for purchases greater than 25. Or swipe the card for a purchase of more than 400 and get a credit for that amount. You cannot get it as a check from Barclays.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:56 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Kasiraman's posts have been added to the established thread.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Barclays has literally the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I applied for this card 20 days ago (credit score is 820, have not applied for a card in 12 months, never carry a balance on any card). My application is still "pending", whatever that means. I know that from looking at the website to check on the status.

I called the reconsideration line and explained what my situation was. The person I spoke to said that since I have not hear back in 20 days that I my application was declined. Shocked I asked to speak to someone. He left for 5 minutes only to come back and ask for my SSN again. This time he said that he sees my application is still pending (amazing, even though I said that I went online and can see that it is still pending). I asked to speak to someone so we could figure out what was taking so long, but he said he could not transfer me anywhere. I asked to speak to someone above him and he said there is no one to speak to. Clowns must work over there.

So it looks like according to the "customer service" rep I spoke to, I just have to wait it out. 20 days and counting. I have never been denied for a card once (let alone not been auto approved for one). I think saying Barclays is struggling with getting into the US credit card market would be an understatement.

Last edited by Mindray; Oct 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:28 pm

Automated line says, remember you get 40,000 bonus points upon first purchase.

Is the line in error? This was from a card picked up through the links above after the deal expired.

Three other cards in our family (applied for before the deal expired), when we called in to activate the CSR automatically confirmed we get 40K on 1K spend. This card there was no CSR on activation, so when son called in to check, he got the 40K on first purchase message.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
To everyone who's application is in pending and you don't know why (like I was) call this number: 866-408-4064

That is their credit analyst desk. You will most likely have to just verify information. It took 5 minutes. I was approved...it only took 20 days. Wish I had this number before.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Automated line says, remember you get 40,000 bonus points upon first purchase.

Is the line in error? This was from a card picked up through the links above after the deal expired.

Three other cards in our family (applied for before the deal expired), when we called in to activate the CSR automatically confirmed we get 40K on 1K spend. This card there was no CSR on activation, so when son called in to check, he got the 40K on first purchase message.
You can verify it from the website when you log in to your account. Initially the CSR told me I will get the bonus from first purchase. When I logged in, it says spend 1k for first 90 days to get the bonus. It is called First Purchase bonus that is why it is confusing.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Mindray
Barclays has literally the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I applied for this card 20 days ago (credit score is 820, have not applied for a card in 12 months, never carry a balance on any card). My application is still "pending", whatever that means. I know that from looking at the website to check on the status.

I called the reconsideration line and explained what my situation was. The person I spoke to said that since I have not hear back in 20 days that I my application was declined. Shocked I asked to speak to someone. He left for 5 minutes only to come back and ask for my SSN again. This time he said that he sees my application is still pending (amazing, even though I said that I went online and can see that it is still pending). I asked to speak to someone so we could figure out what was taking so long, but he said he could not transfer me anywhere. I asked to speak to someone above him and he said there is no one to speak to. Clowns must work over there.

So it looks like according to the "customer service" rep I spoke to, I just have to wait it out. 20 days and counting. I have never been denied for a card once (let alone not been auto approved for one). I think saying Barclays is struggling with getting into the US credit card market would be an understatement.

I was really happy when I saw the new links. I close on my morgtage refi next week and was going to apply same day. But it sounds like Barclays may not be a good choice for any cards with all the denials and problems. I'm not worried about credit score because it was 801 when I applied for refi but Barclays seems to be a pain? Yes I have applied for 6 cards this year and don't want to waste a pull.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Can the 40,000 points also be redeemed as gift cards to different stores?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by merc1234
Can the 40,000 points also be redeemed as gift cards to different stores?
No, but I consider the credit much better than that. You can buy whatever you want at any store you want and have an offsetting credit on purchases above $25.

And if your goal is to sell the gift cards, well then you can just buy gift cards at the store and use credits to offset the purchases.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:02 pm

I read through the T&C of this card and have a few questions:

What is the cashback return % ?
(could not locate in the T&C)
Bonus appears to be 1%--but not so sure that's the regular terms, other than the bonus.

Is is 1 point/ $1 except those things listed?
It sounds like some things may not apply.
Wondering if paying a bill will earn 1 point / $1

Is this one of the best cards to have for cashback?

I would appreciate any input.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by shoreline
I read through the T&C of this card and have a few questions:

What is the cashback return % ?
(could not locate in the T&C)
Bonus appears to be 1%--but not so sure that's the regular terms, other than the bonus.
The return is a straight 1% except qualifying NFL purchases which earn 2%. These include things such as any game ticket purchase through an official NFL channel. Also, NFL stadium purchases, NFLshop, and participating team shops would get the bonus as well.

Originally Posted by shoreline
Wondering if paying a bill will earn 1 point / $1

Is this one of the best cards to have for cashback?

I would appreciate any input.
Billpay should earn the 1%. For small spend, this card may beat others that start out low and bump up with x-amount of spend. Other than that, this card is one that you get for the sign-up bonus. Due to no annual fee, it can be a keeper if you have NFL spend that is considered everyday spend on other cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.