Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Getting the Marriott Rewards Premiere Card Again

Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Some years ago I churned Marriott Rewards cards regularly, always receiving the points -- but not the free night certificate once they tightened up (before, you could churn and receive both). I focused on other credit card bonuses for about four years, then my wife and I recently applied for Marriott Rewards Premiere cards and received the 70,000-point bonuses, not the free night, as we expected. My question is, has anyone recently churned this card, and if so, how long did you wait between applications?

I know Chase ended the churn gravy train for the same card several years ago, but the fact you can get this card and receive the points -- but not the free night certificate again -- suggests Chase knows who has had this card before but allows those of us who have had it to be approved for the card receive the points again.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 70k offer is gone. The link got killed by Chase a few weeks ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post19138407 (starting at post 1014)
Old Sep 2, 2012, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Yes, I saw that, but thank you. The 50,000-point offer is still available, and I'd be glad to churn it several times if I can, which is why I ask. Seems to me the fact Chase awards the points, not the free night certificate, to those who have had the card in the past suggests you can churn the card for the points. I'd like to know if there are recent data points on this.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
The 50,000-point offer is still available, and I'd be glad to churn it several times if I can, which is why I ask. Seems to me the fact Chase awards the points, not the free night certificate, to those who have had the card in the past suggests you can churn the card for the points.
If you'd been reading the linked MilesBuzz! thread all along, and reading posts about re-applying carefully, you'd see that people who succeeded were ones who'd gotten their previous card years ago, not months ago.

Chase cards are in genearl not churnable "quickly", the way that some Citi cards are -- the Citi HHonors Visa card can be applied for twice every 65 days if you can meet the spend threshold that quickly. But you can't do anything remotely like that with Chase).

So "churn several times" in the Chase world tends to mean "over many years" (not "this year" like it can in Citi world).

(Note: Note all Citi cards can be churned that fast. AA, in particular, is a major exception where a couple years wait between pairs of successful applications are typically necessary.)

Also, I recall Chase being the bank that is rumored (per some thread I saw on FT a while back but can't find at this moment) to be looking out for people who spend only to get the bonus and then never use the card again. It's also the bank known to take back bonuses if you cancel "too quickly" after getting the bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.