Merging Citi TYP Accounts?

Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Merging Citi TYP Accounts?

Hey All,

I have been slowly earning TYPs through the Citigold Checking and other monthly earns from Citi, and never had a TYP Credit Card.

Citi just decided to upgrade one of my dormant cards to a TYP card and gave me 5x points on everything (sadly only for the first $1K) but sounds decent enough still. However they set me up with a new TYP account number not linked to the one that is earning monthly.

Has anyone had issues with transferring/merging points down the line, or is it something that needs to be fixed before we start earning?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:20 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Even though it's not apparent from the title it's worth reading this thread before deciding whether to merge or not:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...derations.html
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Even though it's not apparent from the title it's worth reading this thread before deciding whether to merge or not:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...derations.html
Very useful thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.