Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank-Taca/Avianca Lifemiles up to 40K miles

Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Hi everybody, longtime lurker, first-time poster. I recently received, and was approved for, a 40K mile bonus after first purchase with the Lifemiles card offered by US Bank. Since this is a decent-sized bonus and it's offered by a bank that's not Chase/Citi/B of A/Barclays/Amex, I thought it was worth a mention here. Has anybody else received this? I hadn't flown Taca in years when I received the solicitation.

I looked around a bit and the best non-targeted offer I could find was 20K miles:
http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/cred...tancia_sig.cfm
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Smoove
Hi everybody, longtime lurker, first-time poster. I recently received, and was approved for, a 40K mile bonus after first purchase with the Lifemiles card offered by US Bank. Since this is a decent-sized bonus and it's offered by a bank that's not Chase/Citi/B of A/Barclays/Amex, I thought it was worth a mention here. Has anybody else received this? I hadn't flown Taca in years when I received the solicitation.

I looked around a bit and the best non-targeted offer I could find was 20K miles:
http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/cred...tancia_sig.cfm
Sounds like a great offer! I, too, have only seen a 20K offer for Lifemiles.

Please post a link for the 40K if you have it!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYatt Plat
A friend of mine recently got one of these offers. The code was tied to his name. I wish I had some idea of how to get targeted for one of these; I suppose signing up for a LifeMiles account was a good first step just now.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
U.S. Bank Avianca LifeMiles CC 46.000 miles

looks like they increased signup bonus significantly

20.000 miles after first use
20.000 miles after $ 3000 spend
6.000 miles after 1 year

no fee first year, and issued by U.S. Bank

just got an email promoting it.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:14 pm

Today I received an offer by email for 40k miles -- 20k on first purchase and another 20k after spending $3k in the first 4 months. $75 annual fee is waived the first year. 6k miles on renewal. Offer expires 4/30/2014

Here is the landing page: http://www.lifemilesvisa.com/credit/offer.do
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:19 pm

I was targeted for this as well. I'm on my way to research the particulars of applying for a US Bank card now.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:23 pm

Got this offer too.

Originally linked to Spanish version:
http://www.lifemilesvisa.com/credit/...9839es&lang=es

Easily changed to English version:
http://www.lifemilesvisa.com/credit/...9839es&lang=en

Note: If you get Visa Platinum instead of Visa Signature your bonus goes down.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:37 pm
Used to be highman123

Cool offer - do you have a link?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:42 pm

Got it too and doesn't look targeted: http://www.lifemilesvisa.com/credit/...ard.do?lang=en

Looks like a nice deal-- if you end up getting approved for the Signature Card and not one of the others.

This promotion is valid only for members that get the LifeMiles Visa Signature Card. We will first consider you for the LifeMiles Visa Signature card but if you do not qualify you can still earn LifeMiles! You’ll automatically be considered for the LifeMiles Visa [Platinum] card which earns 15,000 Bonus LifeMiles when the first purchase is made, 3,000 Bonus LifeMiles with your annual credit card renewal and 1 LifeMile for every $1 in net purchases everywhere Visa cards are accepted. If you are not eligible for the LifeMiles Visa [Platinum] card, you will be considered for the LifeMiles Visa Secured card which earns 5,000 Bonus LifeMiles when the first purchase is made and 1 LifeMile for every $1 in net purchases everywhere Visa cards are accepted. The LifeMiles Visa and Secured cards do not earn double miles on Avianca purchases or an additional 20,000 Bonus LifeMiles after making $3,000 in net purchases within 120 days of account opening. The Secured card does not earn Annual Renewal Bonus LifeMiles. The Secured card requires a minimum deposit of $300 provided by the cardmember that will be held in a security deposit account. Full details of the Secured card will be provided upon qualified status.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 25, 2014 at 10:10 pm Reason: fixed broken URL
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:43 pm

Do they have an award chart to see what you can do with those 40k miles? I tried looking around at lifemiles.com but couldn't find it.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
Do they have an award chart to see what you can do with those 40k miles? I tried looking around at lifemiles.com but couldn't find it.
https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by UserMark
google "life miles award chart" and it will be very first page that shows up
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:10 pm
Used to be highman123

Will they apply the same policy - no recent applications in the last 6 months for this card? I'd assume so?!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Will they apply the same policy - no recent applications in the last 6 months for this card? I'd assume so?!
Wife and I have both been approved by USBank and had recent apps in the previous 6 months
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: all
i got this too via email

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.