Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card

20K points after $1,000 spend within 90 days.
No annual fee
No foreign transaction fees

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go
Print Wikipost

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisj500
I just received a 15,000 point offer for $500 spend in the mail for the no-fee Travel Reward card. $150 for an Experian pull / new account isn't worth it for me.
Can you explain why an Experian pull is bad?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by tikiboy
Can you explain why an Experian pull is bad?
Citi / AmEX / BofA / and a lot of other folks only pull EX in my area.
Also, B* only works on EQ/TU not EX.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:49 pm

Just found out about this card, 1.6% back on everything (for BofA customers), for no AF or no FTF is great!
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by chrisj500
I just received a 15,000 point offer for $500 spend in the mail for the no-fee Travel Reward card. $150 for an Experian pull / new account isn't worth it for me.
same here. i had the boa cc for 2 weeks when i got the 150k targeted offer
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mia
Note also that there is an annual 10% rewards bonus if you have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch account. This raises the rebate to 1.65% .
Got this card last year and it looks like the 10% bonus is based on the actual spend of the year. We spent about 4,400 last year on this card and we got a bonus of 440 points. So the final rebate is 1.60 per $.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
May help someone get better-than-10K offer:
(didn't help me, but...)
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...channel=ECVAT2
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I ended up doing a product change to this card tonight. I was looking for something without a foreign transaction fee that also had the chip. My daily spender (grandfathered 2% Priceline card) carries a 3% FTF and doesn't have a chip.

I had an old MBNA/FIA AAA card from back in 2003 that's been sitting in my sock drawer... so avoiding the hard inquiry made this a no brainer. I'm not counting on using the points for much of anything, but for what I was looking for, it seems like a good fit.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
This card with preferred rewards isthe best card on the market for everyday expending.

With $100k+ on BoA you get 75% bonus points for a total of 2.62 per dollar spent. Which is more than the arrival plus. Also it has no annual fee, making it even better for the long term. And of course no foreign transaction fees with EMV. The only minor drawback if that it is visa and I prefer mastercard world elite for travelling insurance etc etc.

Another great thing is the BoA travel reward portal which in my oppinion is better than barclays and somethimes UR because you have many many more options including points for AA.com . Also you have bankofamerideals which change every month and offer from 5-20% cash back online or in store.

Overall it is a very nice card for travel statement credits.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:32 pm

I have the cash rewards version but I am thinking of changing to travel rewards for the 75% bonus. They don't have Travel Rewards in Platinum Priv. anymore but they still offer the Cash Rewards one. The CB % is the same but the Cash Rewards version does not offer the portal.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
With $100k+ on BoA you get 75% bonus points for a total of 2.62 per dollar spent.

Lost you here...can you explain what you mean by $100k+ on BoA and how you get 75% bonus points?

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by marc1
Lost you here...can you explain what you mean by $100k+ on BoA and how you get 75% bonus points?

Thanks.
http://promo.bankofamerica.com/prefe...nuscreditcard/
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
This card with preferred rewards isthe best card on the market for everyday expending.

With $100k+ on BoA you get 75% bonus points for a total of 2.62 per dollar spent. Which is more than the arrival plus. Also it has no annual fee, making it even better for the long term. And of course no foreign transaction fees with EMV. The only minor drawback if that it is visa and I prefer mastercard world elite for travelling insurance etc etc.

Another great thing is the BoA travel reward portal which in my oppinion is better than barclays and somethimes UR because you have many many more options including points for AA.com . Also you have bankofamerideals which change every month and offer from 5-20% cash back online or in store.

Overall it is a very nice card for travel statement credits.
On their website couldn't find a definitive answer... wondering if the 75% bonus only applies to the portion that is over 100k spend? Looks that way to me but couldn't find a hard answer. Anyone know for sure?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mile ho
On their website couldn't find a definitive answer... wondering if the 75% bonus only applies to the portion that is over 100k spend? Looks that way to me but couldn't find a hard answer. Anyone know for sure?
You must have one hundred thousands USD in assets in Bank of America (like in savings or a checking account). When you have that, you become a platinum honors clients, and you start to earn 75% extra points on your credit card. You dont have to spend $100k... you can just buy $1 thing and instead of getting 1.5 points you will get 2.62 points.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
You must have one hundred thousands USD in assets in Bank of America (like in savings or a checking account). When you have that, you become a platinum honors clients, and you start to earn 75% extra points on your credit card. You dont have to spend $100k... you can just buy $1 thing and instead of getting 1.5 points you will get 2.62 points.
Thanks... but I don't think I'd put 100k into their bank just to get the extra points. Got other ways to invest that money to make way more than that.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mile ho
Thanks... but I don't think I'd put 100k into their bank just to get the extra points. Got other ways to invest that money to make way more than that.
You can put the 100k in Merrill to get the 75% bonus on rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.