Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 1:33 pm

How soon after the account opening does the first direct deposit need to be in order to qualify for the 2nd 15k miles?
    Old May 31, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
    Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
    How soon after the account opening does the first direct deposit need to be in order to qualify for the 2nd 15k miles?
    I went into a ST branch today and opened an account. The fine print on the flyer says the first DD has to be made by 9/30/12.

I was also told that the minimum balance requirement would not apply on the first two statement cycles.

I had forgotten about one downside of this though - oversolicitous, chatty branch managers. I know, he was just trying to be nice. Hell, he might even have sold me a mortgage!
    Old May 31, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    So I called in about two weeks ago to fund the account that I had just opened. I asked them what cards I could use to fund it, and she said VISA, Mastercard or AMEX. I asked to fund with a Visa Gift Card for $100, but she said they couldn't do that.

I then asked to fund with a Amex prepaid card (debit card), and she said sure, and took my info. She said it would post within 7 business days.

Yesterday was the 7th business day, and I noticed nothing had been deducted, so I called up. The guy I was speaking with apologized and said that they don't actually take Amex, so he was sorry that the previous lady I had spoke with had told me I could and taken my info.

I finally just funded with my regular debit card, and he said it should post within 7 days and I should see some info in the mail.

It sure appears that all their CSRs are not on the ball. I highly doubt I'm going to stick with them for my main banking. The folks over at Charles Schwab seem to be light years ahead.
    Old May 31, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Several dozen
    When internal controls fail (training on procedures, for example) they create opportunities making the financial institution a much more valuable business partner. I'm not so sure that many of us really want to do our business with a financial institution that is really on the ball. We prefer financial institutions operated more along the lines of the US Mint.

Originally Posted by Majikow
    It sure appears that all their CSRs are not on the ball. I highly doubt I'm going to stick with them for my main banking.
    Old May 31, 2012, 4:31 pm

Just signed up for it. What a steal... I already had a checking account with suntrust and they just switched me over. What a quick way to score 30,000 miles.
    Old May 31, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
    Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
    When internal controls fail (training on procedures, for example) they create opportunities making the financial institution a much more valuable business partner. I'm not so sure that many of us really want to do our business with a financial institution that is really on the ball. We prefer financial institutions operated more along the lines of the US Mint.
    Finally, a post I can understand.. I was worried I had to read about the Cardinals again.
    Old May 31, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Majikow
    It sure appears that all their CSRs are not on the ball. I highly doubt I'm going to stick with them for my main banking.
    +2
    Old May 31, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    I agree with what you are saying, and that's why I even opened the account in the first place. I have a few ideas on how to PIN down some extra points and I plan to make my relationship with them lucrative.

I was just pointing out an incident that kind of left me shaking my head. In the end I'll keep Schwab for the $0 ATM fees (just saved me a boatload in Vegas) and the really helpful people that work there. Can't hurt to have two checking accounts. Actually 3, since I just opened a Consumer CU acct to park some money in at 4%.
    Old May 31, 2012, 7:30 pm
    Used to be highman123

As a heads up - I successfully opened my 3rd checking account over the phone. Agent confirmed the promotion would be eligible for the 3rd account as well.

Ms. highman123 also applied and after receiving the debit card got the cancellation letter the next day.
    Old May 31, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
    Thumbs down

Awful company. Signed up 2 weeks ago with this promotion. Verified my bank to make the initial transfer. Finally called to activate my card today and was told my account was closed. Rep could not give me a reason why. Thanks for wasting a bunch of my time, SunTrust.
    Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by koolr
    I am in a non-foot print state. I was opening an account online a couple of weeks ago, and when it came to the funding page, it got timed out. So, I did not have any info on my account number. Later, I received an email thanking me for opening the account with the last 4 digits of my account number.

I called a few days later to find out the next steps. The CSR said that I would receive the details in mail and then I can fund the account. I called again a few days ago and got the same info. So, I kept waiting for the details in mail which never arrived.

Then, I called today, and CSR told me that I would not receive anything until I fund my account, either electronically or physically (the previous CSRs were wrong), and she also mentioned that I am out of state, so I can't visit a branch. So, she offered me to open a new account again on the phone, and assured me that I would receive the bonus miles, and I agreed. It took 5 minutes to open a new account and fund it. She also read the terms for receiving the bonus miles, and maintaining $3K or paying $12 maintainance fees.
    Ok, now I have a problem. The CSR asked me to open another account saying that I was not going to receive anything until I fund my first account, so, I agreed and opened and funded another account. But now I received a statement for my first account!!! So, seems like I have opened two accounts with Suntrust!! What do I do now? Fund both the accounts and hope for two bonuses, or close one of the accounts? (Both were confirmed with the 30K bonuses.)
    Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by koolr
    Ok, now I have a problem. The CSR asked me to open another account saying that I was not going to receive anything until I fund my first account, so, I agreed and opened and funded another account. But now I received a statement for my first account!!! So, seems like I have opened two accounts with Suntrust!! What do I do now? Fund both the accounts and hope for two bonuses, or close one of the accounts? (Both were confirmed with the 30K bonuses.)
    fund and score! no brainer.
    Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage
    Would someone mind explaining how to set up the Intuit payroll service? Is there a way to do this without paying taxes?
    Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
    can someone explain how how people are opening multiple accounts? is there no limit on the amount of personal accounts one can open or are you counting spouses/joint accounts/business?
    Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by liss1212
    Would someone mind explaining how to set up the Intuit payroll service? Is there a way to do this without paying taxes?
    There sure is. READ the thread.

If you want, guess which page and I'll tell you if you are warm or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.