Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Did anyone's miles post yet for July? Nothing here yet.
    Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM
    Nope. I'm expecting them tonight, though. I've learned not to hold my breath with ST.
    Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:12 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Nothing here, though maybe Delta's power glitch messed with things. Perhaps it caused somebody to count up our miles with an abacus, or some similarly effective device.
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:19 am
    formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
    Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
    Its the 10th and still no miles
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by ingy
    Its the 10th and still no miles
    Having been stuck in ATL for 27 hours, I can promise you that this is part of the larger issue. All of DL systems and website were affected. It may be a few weeks before they get to this relatively minor part of the snafu.
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:23 pm

Just curious, do most of you all on this thread have an IRA or something with ST (or 25k cash in a deposit account)? Seems that is the only way to avoid the $25/mo fee for the checking account, right? I'm potentially interested in the 48k easy SkyMiles for debit purchases, but not if I have to pay $25/mo plus $75 AF on the debit card.

And if there is no way around the fee - do they have decent options on their IRA accounts (i.e. low custodial fees and I could pick e.g. Vanguard index funds)?
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Originally Posted by bodiddely
    Just curious, do most of you all on this thread have an IRA or something with ST (or 25k cash in a deposit account)? Seems that is the only way to avoid the $25/mo fee for the checking account, right? I'm potentially interested in the 48k easy SkyMiles for debit purchases, but not if I have to pay $25/mo plus $75 AF on the debit card.

And if there is no way around the fee - do they have decent options on their IRA accounts (i.e. low custodial fees and I could pick e.g. Vanguard index funds)?
    I don't have an IRA there; I keep $25K in the account to avoid the monthly fee and pay the annual fee.

Still no miles here either.
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by bodiddely

I got grandfathered in on an older type of account, so I don't have to keep the 25k minimum.
    Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:07 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ScottTexas
    I keep $25K in the account to avoid the monthly fee and pay the annual fee.
    Same. I essentially consider it my accessible emergency fund. Since savings accounts don't pay crap right now, 48k Skypesos is a better return than whatever 25k would earn in a savings account.

No miles yet
    Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:45 am

PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Still waiting. I don't know about anyone else but I don't trust this program at all! I always wait until my miles post before I start charging again because I don't understand how they calculate miles at all. I'd like to get charging ST, let's go!
    Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

Posted.Finally!
    Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:07 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Posted.Finally!
    Same. Finally got my full 4k since converting to the Signature Account in May since I was slacking on the spend. I'm already 3/4 done with this month's $4k. It's sad when I'm excited about 4k when I had a 15-16k month last year leading up to when they introduced the monthly cap.

Can I say though that I don't like the recent change to Delta's website because it used to be when you'd login, the main Delta.com page would show your mileage balance and now I have to click the "go to my Delta" link to see my balance. I know it's only 1 more click, but it's annoying.

Now to decide if I want to apply for the DL Amex with the 60k Skymile offer...
    Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:18 am

Can it be. Am I seeing my skymiles account right? ST Posted today. Amazing, thought we would have a week+ delay with a holiday coming into play. I'm impressed.
    Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:30 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Can it be. Am I seeing my skymiles account right? ST Posted today. Amazing, thought we would have a week+ delay with a holiday coming into play. I'm impressed.
    I know, right?! They posted correctly and on the right day. We should go buy lottery tickets or something
    Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: FB Sliver; USAirways Silver; AMEX Plat;SPG Gold
    Anyone tested either Sq. Cash or Venmo recently? I don't think mine posted from June...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.