Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Edit: NM found it:

https://www.suntrust.com/PersonalBan...erydayChecking'

Chat is on the right side

Last edited by Stubtify; May 7, 2012 at 11:03 am
    Old May 7, 2012, 11:21 am

I just signed up online through this link:

https://www.suntrust.com/portal/serv...nking&POPNAC=T

I'm in CA and there was nothing that stopped me from getting the Delta Check Card. Am I doing something wrong? Would hate to get charged $75 and not get the 30K miles.
    Old May 7, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver
    Even the biz "check card" doesn't require a hard pull?
    Old May 7, 2012, 11:57 am

Via online chat, opening the account took approx 25 minutes! Just glad it is over.
    Old May 7, 2012, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by cyin
    I just signed up online through this link:

https://www.suntrust.com/portal/serv...nking&POPNAC=T

I'm in CA and there was nothing that stopped me from getting the Delta Check Card. Am I doing something wrong? Would hate to get charged $75 and not get the 30K miles.
    I just did the same (also in CA) and everything looks good. When you click to view more details about the Delta card from the signup process, you eventually get to the original promotion link posted.

I haven't tried the chat option, but I'm thinking doing the automated sign up like this is probably faster.
    Old May 7, 2012, 12:24 pm

I just enrolled through the Delta website link and was able to get the debit card. I live in Texas. The nearest branch is about 1000 miles away.

http://www.deltacheckcard.com/howtosignup.php

I clicked on personal checking link
    Old May 7, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
    PayPal direct deposit?

Anyone know how to get a direct deposit to count from PayPal? My employer doesn't do direct deposit, and I've already signed up for the card and would like to take advantage of the second 15k bonus.

Last edited by gvol21; May 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    Old May 8, 2012, 11:00 am

Opened an account online via the chat option and it took less than 20 minutes. Thanks to the OP for posting this offer!
    Old May 8, 2012, 8:32 pm

I believe it is now possible to open a personal account online. Just did it easily online...and I live in the northeast.
    Old May 8, 2012, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by BigWillyStyles
    1) I opened both a personal checking and a business checking today in branch. The associate said that the monthly account fees (since I wont have enough in there to meet the minimums) wouldn't come out until 60 days from now.

2) Does anyone know how long after the POS purchase and direct deposit it takes for the miles to show up in your account, or what it was like in the past?

3) Im thinking that while I will have to pay the yearly card fees, if the miles show up before 60 days, then I can close both accounts and not have to pay 1 round of monthly fees, and this whole thing would net me 55K miles for a total of $200.

4) I read the T&C and I didn't see anywhere that states the miles are forfeited if you close the account, so Im assuming once they post, they are yours, hence the annual fee for the card. Any input or does anyone remember from the last time?
    1) Untrue: I opened my account March 19 and was hit with a monthly fee (for not meeting the minimum in the account) on April 7.

2) Takes a one month bank statement cycle, i.e. about 45 days from your first sign up date, to receive a full month of miles (prior to that they are pro-rated). Like I said, I opened my account on March 19, got my first statement dated April 4 with just a few miles, got my bonus and a month's worth of miles on my May 4 statement.

3) Possibly. I opened my account March 19 and was billed the annual fee on March 23. Hmm.

4) I think that's a good guess, though I haven't tried it. That's why you are billed the annual fee before you get your miles.

ALERT: Here is what the card is good for: debit (PIN) purchases and signature credit purchases. No GCs, travelers checks, cash advances, money transfers, or other creative mint-type deals. The fine print on the T&C says you also get miles for online bill payments, but that isn't exactly true: I spent 30 mins on the 'phone today asking why my 6K in online bill payments over the past month earned 0 miles. I was told payments you would normally pay by credit card, i.e. monthly membership to Netflix, etc. would earn miles. That's okay for some, but I've got a 30K min spend I have to meet to earn my BA Avios J companion certificate and I'll be danged if I'm going to charge even a penny on anything but the BA card right now. ALSO, I interpreted the T&C to mean that online bill pay included writing e-checks: no such luck.

Bottom line: essentially this card is good for 30K miles at the price of a $75 fee and planting some money in an account for a few months. That's about it. Still, not a bad deal. And since I have 2 Suntrust banks within 2 miles of my home and I occasionally need an ATM, I'll keep the card--for now.

Last edited by elizadoo; May 8, 2012 at 11:31 pm
    Old May 9, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by elizadoo
    1) Untrue: I opened my account March 19 and was hit with a monthly fee (for not meeting the minimum in the account) on April 7.
    You should dispute that and have them credit it. You are supposed to have 2 months to be able to fund your account before the monthly fee would apply.

Originally Posted by elizadoo
    Bottom line: essentially this card is good for 30K miles at the price of a $75 fee and planting some money in an account for a few months. That's about it. Still, not a bad deal. And since I have 2 Suntrust banks within 2 miles of my home and I occasionally need an ATM, I'll keep the card--for now.
    Even though I've not previously had the suntrust account, there's clear evidence on the web that they run things in a way that is less than appealing to most customers. I'd consider this one an earn and burn.
    Old May 9, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
    How in the heck are we supposed to confirm our account if we used the fund from another account option? They've sent the two small deposits but there is no way to know how we're supposed to confirm those amounts and fund our account!
    Old May 9, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
    I was able to initially open an account online by myself but it was closed the next day They said it was probably because they were unable to properly verify me. They ask that I stop by a branch with my license so that they can reopen it.
    Old May 9, 2012, 8:14 am

I opened an account online as well but while I was looking up my routing number to fund it through another bank the session timed out. Now I need to wait for the physical package to be sent to me since no one can tell me what my account number is. I did receive an email indicating the account was opened but the email only contained last 4 digits of my account number. They told me the account number was supposed to show on the screen but I don't remember seeing it. Anyone remember seeing this before or on the funding page?
    Old May 9, 2012, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
    How in the heck are we supposed to confirm our account if we used the fund from another account option? They've sent the two small deposits but there is no way to know how we're supposed to confirm those amounts and fund our account!
    My guess is if you know your account number you can register on line and confirm the small deposits on SunTrust website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.