Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:47 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elizadoo
    1) There are SOME vendors who will not accept credit cards but will accept a debit card (and not charge a fee). My daughter's college, for example. Vendors realize that a debit card will give them instant cash, whereas a credit card has the potential for loss.
    I thought the vendors who dont take credit card but take debit card (such as schools and some government agencies) is largely due to the fee on debit card is very small to the vendor, but the credit card would be in the 1 to 2% range, not because they may have potential for loss if taking credit card - if a stolen / fraudulent credit card is used, it is the BANK who eats the loss, not the Vendor - at least this is how it is operated in the US. Neither the consumer nor the vendor would suffer the loss once the charge is determined is a fraudulent one. The bank writes it off as a cost of doing business under the consumer protection law governs credit cards.
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
    I'm still waiting for my extra 10000
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:06 pm

Same here. Patiently waiting. And direct deposit is easy to mess up as well so make sure your employer does all 13 digits of your account number or it will end up in limbo.
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    Forget miles. I'm still waiting for my debit card!

How long did it take for people? It's been almost 2 weeks for me.
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:37 pm

I'm still waiting for my extra 10000.
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:29 pm

Same here, 5,000 "welcome bonus" posted on 6/5 along with the points for my purchases. Still haven't received the additional 10,000 or the 15,000 for direct deposit.
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:52 pm
    akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
    So far I'm impressed

I just opened the account via chat. I got great service. The rep answered all my questions and was very polite.

I just wish I'd signed up a few weeks ago as I have an estimated tax payment coming up in a few days
    Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
    est tax payment

I can use my debit card to pay the IRS for my est tax payment? If so, then this card just proved to be a nice addition to my mile earning arsenal.
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
    Originally Posted by TooMuchCoffey
    Same here, 5,000 "welcome bonus" posted on 6/5 along with the points for my purchases. Still haven't received the additional 10,000 or the 15,000 for direct deposit.
    Can anyone confirm whether paypal counts as direct deposit?
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:06 pm
    Suspended

Yes, I can confirm that paypal doesn't work for a direct deposit. They caught on to that one years ago.
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:28 pm

Thumbs down

I opened up an account with SunTrust online about a month ago. I spent the last month trying to finally finish opening it - mailed in the card, finally got to make deposit, etc. Today, they say that my ACH transfer (which cleared fine) was not acceptable, and ever time I would call I'd get a different reason why. Finally they just told me my account was being closed, for no stated reason.

Have to say it was abysmal service for everything except the initial opening process, and a horrible set-up all the way through compared to any other time I've gotten a bank account. I'm happy to not have to bank with them but really annoyed I invested so much time /trying to send them money/ to get the account opened.
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:40 pm
    Suspended

Originally Posted by zamburak
    Have to say it was abysmal service for everything except the initial opening process
    +1^

I will even go one step further and say that it was abysmal service - period. This company must be pure bottom feeders who hire the absolute lowest $/hr. employees on the planet. Very, very poor quality help to say the least, and that is an understatement. This was my experience in a branch, on the phone, on an online chat, and also a (business side) phone call.
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
    +1^

I will even go one step further and say that it was abysmal service - period. This company must be pure bottom feeders who hire the absolute lowest $/hr. employees on the planet. Very, very poor quality help to say the least, and that is an understatement. This was my experience in a branch, on the phone, on an online chat, and also a (business side) phone call.
    I second (third?) this. I opened my account on May 11th and still don't have a flipping debit card yet. Almost every interaction has resulted in some mistake on their part, and they've done a very poor job of making the process of getting everything set up easy to understand.
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:47 pm

The Suntrust rep at the branch read off some T&Cs that stated the $75 fee for the personal account would be applied at the account's anniversary (one year out), while the phone rep stated that it would be applied at the first statement closing. Can anyone confirm when the annual fee is applied -- I'd think from CC fees that it would be the latter?
    Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
    Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
    The Suntrust rep at the branch read off some T&Cs that stated the $75 fee for the personal account would be applied at the account's anniversary (one year out), while the phone rep stated that it would be applied at the first statement closing. Can anyone confirm when the annual fee is applied -- I'd think from CC fees that it would be the latter?
    I opened my account on May 19, and the first statement I received was for 5/19-5/26. It did not have any $75 fee on it, and checking my account balance online, I still have not been charged a fee. Perhaps it could be charged at the end of the first full statement, but I suppose I won't know that until 6/26.

Last edited by tmm1012; Jul 28, 2012 at 11:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.