Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
    well, last day for _reliable_ earnings this month.. it will be a bummer if they fixed their system
    Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta PM
    Panic. Death. Destruction. Armageddon.
    Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:00 pm

My points posted tonight.. Roughly 1800. Closing my account this weekend. It' just not worth keeping a minimum balance or dealing with the headache anymore.
    Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:05 pm

Mine posted too, lets say i am pleasantly surprised.
    Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse

Let's say i am intrigued... Pm me please?
    Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:44 am
    jk2

Originally Posted by Trinob
    Let's say i am intrigued... Pm me please?
    me too....
    Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:38 am

I got over 4k again. I didn't push it, limited my spending. Based on Troy's comment I'm starting to think I shouldn't be limiting.
    Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:07 am

I am pretty sure they will fix it in the next...next release when the numbers don't match.
    Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Mine was definitely limited. Spent significantly over $4k and got 1800. That's not right. I actually might complain bc at this point I'm not even getting what the terms say I'm entitled to.
    Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
    so you want to get together and celebrate our surprise? :-)

like a well oiled machine this ST is... hello WM
    Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:45 am

Anyone care to man up and tell us why you are so pleasantly surprised? Give us a number! 15k?
    Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: united, aa, delta, chase UR, Bonvoy
    I know. I see the 2-1 but no cap. Maybe they realized if it was a cost savings issues by doing 2-1 they cut the cost of the program in half...no need to be jerks! I thought sept was an error but now that I see October it appears they were happy to just go to 2:1 and forget the stupid monthly cap.
    Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: united, aa, delta, chase UR, Bonvoy
    Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Anyone care to man up and tell us why you are so pleasantly surprised? Give us a number! 15k?
    You do realized with all of us saying we got more it's kinda not to bright on our part. If it is an error, while they can not take the miles back, they will work overtime to figure it out. If it happens this month I say they know and will leave it be. They also have a duty to inform us of the error, if it is one.
    Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:58 am

I did a straight 4K in sept, and nothing posted. Anyone else?
    Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
    Suntrust is closing accounts

I received a letter from Suntrust that they are closing my checking account where I have a debit card I use to load my bluebird card... has anybody received a notification like that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.