Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
$75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:19 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Originally Posted by yoyo
    I am curious if you guys who were shutdown are in suntrust served areas?
    I'm curious about this too. I live in a non-ST state and that's my address, but I have close family in Georgia that I could set my address to and receive things at if it would lessen the change of getting shut down.
    Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by offtheglass
    Also got shutdown. I was doing 3-7k a month with a payroll direct deposit. It was good while it lasted!
    I am not shutdown (yet). Live in a ST state, have payroll direct deposit, keep about 40k in account, have had account 12 years. I think I may lay low for the next month with no MS. Seems like there's been a surge in shutdowns recently.
    Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta PM
    Do any of you who have been shut down consistently use the card for day to day purchases in addition to any MS? My primary card is an Amex but many places, including my office lunch cafe, don't take Amex so I still have approx 1k of "normal" charges every month and usually a "normal" charge everyday. Wondering if those who were shut down are strictly using this for MS activities?
    Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Do any of you who have been shut down consistently use the card for day to day purchases in addition to any MS? My primary card is an Amex but many places, including my office lunch cafe, don't take Amex so I still have approx 1k of "normal" charges every month and usually a "normal" charge everyday. Wondering if those who were shut down are strictly using this for MS activities?
    Excellent question and point. I'm going to start being more deliberate about doing this myself. My statements do look a little WM heavy.
    Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:12 am

I always try to use the ST card when making small purchases (under $20) when out buying random stuff. That way I'm not really taking much of a hit on missing points on other cards and adding additional transactions to my account.

Also, I almost always purchase stuff in addition to the MOs at WM in the same transaction so the purchases aren't a multiple of $1000.70 ($1000 MO with the $.70 fee).
    Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:15 pm

Damn. I just found a way to get this card and have had my ST Debit for less than a month. Will have to lay low even before I get started. Thanks for the data points.
    Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by rockclimber
    Damn. I just found a way to get this card and have had my ST Debit for less than a month. Will have to lay low even before I get started. Thanks for the data points.
    Um. How did you get it? My neighbor wants one. We are in a ST state but ST saying they will no longer issue it. Go ahead and MS but add in some other spending. I'm laying low bc of my own volume but you should go ahead and get started!
    Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:20 am

deleted

Last edited by rockclimber; Feb 17, 2015 at 6:50 pm Reason: Yes
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:01 pm

I've been revoked 1.6 million skymiles today, delta told me suntrust revoked the miles, suntrust told me there is nothing wrong with my account and my card is not closed yet. Anyone can help me to figure out what the hell is going on now?
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by beatluyi
    I've been revoked 1.6 million skymiles today, delta told me suntrust revoked the miles, suntrust told me there is nothing wrong with my account and my card is not closed yet. Anyone can help me to figure out what the hell is going on now?
    WHAT?! Surely there is a mistake. Go into your Delta account history and see if there's a deduction listed. Were you warned about anything? Did ST say they were going to close your card?
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    WHAT?! Surely there is a mistake. Go into your Delta account history and see if there's a deduction listed. Were you warned about anything? Did ST say they were going to close your card?
    I called delta, they told me Suntrust did this and asked me to contact suntrust with this issue. However, suntrust was not aware of this fact so far and my card is not closed. Is it possible that they are going to charge me for the negative balance?
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:53 pm

This is terrible. Can I ask how quickly you earned those through suntrust?
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:09 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Before we jump to conclusions, bear in mind the poster registered this month and as of now has only two posts, both in this thread.

Now if they legit had that many Skymiles revoked that's definitely concerning.

How did you find out, if DL and Suntrust seem to be doing their usual "call the other company" routine?
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
    Before we jump to conclusions, bear in mind the poster registered this month and as of now has only two posts, both in this thread.

Now if they legit had that many Skymiles revoked that's definitely concerning.

How did you find out, if DL and Suntrust seem to be doing their usual "call the other company" routine?
    I know this is a new account, but what i told is absolutely true, I discovered when i logged into my account and called delta right away. Delta only told me that it is suntrust who revoked my miles. However suntrust reps are totally unaware of what's going on.
    Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:43 pm

Short of tellingly you to call a SunTrust office higher up, or visiting your branch, I don't see what else you can do. Maybe you can tell us more. Over what period of time did you earn these? What share of it was regular spending versus other activities? Is there actually a transaction on your dl account or did the balance just change?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.