Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Churning Citi Aadvantage Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Churning Citi Aadvantage Card

For several years, my wife and I routinely churned Citi Aadvantage-branded credit cards, receiving the mileage sign-up bonus each time. Within the past year, both of us have attempted to sign up for a new Aadvantage card. In each case, we never received a formal rejection notice, but when I contacted Citi to check the status of my application, the representative told me that Citi would not issue me a new Aadvantage Card, because I had had too many accounts in the past.

Of note, my credit score is above 750, and my wife and I have continued to apply for, and be approved, for various Citi Thank You-branded credit cards.

Any insight on Citi's no-churning policy with respect to Aadvantage-branded cards? Might I be able to get one again (and collect the bonus) if I wait long enough?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Has it been 2 years since your last app?

I hear for the AA Citi business one you can apply 60 days after closing it. For personal it's 2 yr after applying. Have not tried this myself but that's what I've heard
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: Lotz
The thread on this concluded that about 18 months is the Citi churn time.

The biz card was exempt from that rule but no longer.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The thread on the current best Citi AA offer, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html, includes in the very first post a link to a post in a thread about an earlier Citi AA offer that sets forth the best current wisdom on churning these cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html. Reviewing the post and the thread on the current offer should give you some insight, but the Cliff's Notes version: wait 20 months since your last application for a personal Citi AA card to make your next application and wait approximately 65 days since your last application for any Citi card.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please continue discussion in the thread referenced by lwildernorva.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.