Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:06 am
Suspended

Got the points 2 days after statement closed.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
this does not work with chase. after 60 days you cannot get any kind of annual fee refund
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I received my bonus in June. Did a round of apps in July with UA and Marriott in there. Had to call and the first thing the rep said after he said my credit limit with them was too high was do you wan to trade your BA card for the UA. I said of course. I did not get the AF back but kept the points.

Right...then maybe I'll cancel it with two days to go on that 60 day period...

But thanks rdaven2003.
Good to know that the BA points weren't taken away.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:44 pm

I received my bonus in June. Did a round of apps in July with UA and Marriott in there. Had to call and the first thing the rep said after he said my credit limit with them was too high was do you wan to trade your BA card for the UA. I said of course. I did not get the AF back but kept the points.
what's AF?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:02 pm

annual fee?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:53 am

Well sure enough both my wife and I received our 50k miles the month the annual fee posted in. Statement closed on the 28th and the AF posted Aug 1st so we got the points on the Aug 28th statement.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:48 am

anyone that canceled the card to avoid the annual fee without the miles being taken back?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
anyone that canceled the card to avoid the annual fee without the miles being taken back?
Read post 1260
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:04 pm

Read post 1260
my post is a very different question...
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:05 am

Looks like this offer is back. VFTW and Mommy Points had posts about it today. Bit angry it came out now cause I just did a churn last week
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
Looks like this offer is back. VFTW and Mommy Points had posts about it today. Bit angry it came out now cause I just did a churn last week
That's a different offer than the one in this thread (which is still dead). The newest offer is for 50k after $2k, another 25k after $10k, and another 25k after another $10k. That offer thus requires $20k in spending to earn the full 100k Avios, whereas the offer in this thread basically let you "buy" 100k Avios for the price of two annual fees.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:45 pm

well, I got all my 100K avios after a year of having this card, but I haven't spent many of them, because the taxes are horrendous. So I signed up for an Iberia ff account. So you guys know, you can transfer your avios to Iberia, and if you are flying where Iberia goes, you get a much better deal and not much taxes. However, there are a couple of things you might want to know, which I found out.

First, you can't transfer any avios until you've had the Iberia account for awhile. And you need to activate it by either buying some more avios from Iberia, or transferring some membership rewards from American Express (you can transfer 1000 MR for 1000 avios.) If you go this route, make sure your Iberia account has the same exact details as the BA one...

So I did this, and it took a few days to transfer the Amex MR miles over to Iberia. But now they are there. Then you go to British Airways, and try and transfer some of your BA Avios to Iberia. It's not that hard to do, just go into executive club, select manage my account, and where it says "blue member," select "combine my Avios" and try it there (it won't work until you've added some Avios to your Iberia account though).

I got a message I have to call BA because something isn't quite right. So I was unable to do the ticket I wanted to do. I'll be in London in a few weeks (on another trip), so I'll go and try and straighten it out there (not in the mood for long distance calls to the UK. Also, I may have to wait 3 months since I activated my Iberia account, which was a week or so ago. Not sure exactly.

Just thought I'd pass this by you guys who aren't getting much use out of your Avios because you have to pay $700 in taxes and service charges for a $1060.00 trip to London. Eek!

Oh, and the Iberia website is not very flexible when it comes to booking frequent flyer airline tickets, unless you are going round-trip to some place, like say, Spain.

The other thing, you can use the Avios for hotels. Maybe I'll try that instead.

Last edited by lbotez; Nov 2, 2013 at 5:56 pm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by lbotez
well, I got all my 100K avios after a year of having this card, but I haven't spent many of them, because the taxes are horrendous. So I signed up for an Iberia ff account. So you guys know, you can transfer your avios to Iberia, and if you are flying where Iberia goes, you get a much better deal and not much taxes. However, there are a couple of things you might want to know, which I found out.

First, you can't transfer any avios until you've had the Iberia account for awhile. And you need to activate it by either buying some more avios from Iberia, or transferring some membership rewards from American Express (you can transfer 1000 MR for 1000 avios.) If you go this route, make sure your Iberia account has the same exact details as the BA one...

So I did this, and it took a few days to transfer the Amex MR miles over to Iberia. But now they are there. Then you go to British Airways, and try and transfer some of your BA Avios to Iberia. It's not that hard to do, just go into executive club, select manage my account, and where it says "blue member," select "combine my Avios" and try it there (it won't work until you've added some Avios to your Iberia account though).

I got a message I have to call BA because something isn't quite right. So I was unable to do the ticket I wanted to do. I'll be in London in a few weeks (on another trip), so I'll go and try and straighten it out there (not in the mood for long distance calls to the UK. Also, I may have to wait 3 months since I activated my Iberia account, which was a week or so ago. Not sure exactly.

Just thought I'd pass this by you guys who aren't getting much use out of your Avios because you have to pay $700 in taxes and service charges for a $1060.00 trip to London. Eek!

Oh, and the Iberia website is not very flexible when it comes to booking frequent flyer airline tickets, unless you are going round-trip to some place, like say, Spain.

The other thing, you can use the Avios for hotels. Maybe I'll try that instead.
Best use of Avios are on short haul flights on AA or Alaska.. need to know how and where to spend miles.....Spending on BA flights is insanity until and unless a person got a lot of $$$$$
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Best use of Avios are on short haul flights on AA or Alaska.. need to know how and where to spend miles.....Spending on BA flights is insanity until and unless a person got a lot of $$$$$
As stated here avios are great for hopping around the U.S. on AA...or Asia on CX...or S. America on LAN...or Australia/NZ on Qantas.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
To avoid confusion with the other 100K BA offer, now alive, we'll temp. close this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.