Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by audio-nut
50K offer now available

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB3E8#b

25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
25,000 Bonus Miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date
Thanks for posting the link ^

Best bonus I've seen...

Fine Print however mentions:
*Bonus Mile Offer: This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer and is valid for a limited time by invitation only. This offer is not valid for customers that have applied for this product in the last 12 months.
So what if one has the product currently and haven't applied for this in over 12 months? Curious.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:19 am
Suspended

Just applied for the 50k offer. Approved with a $5k credit line.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Thanks for posting the link ^

Best bonus I've seen...

Fine Print however mentions:

So what if one has the product currently and haven't applied for this in over 12 months? Curious.
Would like to know as well... I opened it last October and closed it this October... Would love to get it again!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by kakes88
Would like to know as well... I opened it last October and closed it this October... Would love to get it again!
Then you haven't applied for it in 13 or 14 months. Good to go again for sure
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:58 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Anyone approved that has applied for the card within the last 12 months? Wondering if they are enforcing that part of the T&Cs?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:23 am
Suspended

Applied... wasn't approved instantly... called the agent... asked me a few questions and why I closed my previous card two months ago... got approved for 10k! I will call back to confirm bonus soon!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Is anyone concerned about this invitation only bit? Who has gotten a confirmation of the 50K bonus?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:38 am
Suspended

I called and the rep couldn't confirm the extra 25k miles; she just knew about the first 25k ones
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
As nice as 50K AS miles might come in handy, I will stay away from this one since I last applied in June. Use to be able to churn this one without issues (3 times in the last year-and-a-half). However, with the new 12-month language in the T&C's (and it is clearly indicated), I suspect BofA is now trying to weed out churners by extending the time periods between applications, much like what AMEX does with their CC's.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kakes88
I called and the rep couldn't confirm the extra 25k miles; she just knew about the first 25k ones
That has happened to me a lot with BoA cards, last time with Virgin Atlantic. I think this is the way their system is set up, but more experienced CSRs will know how to find the second part of the bonus. So that doesn't mean anything, you might wanna call again.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:02 am
Used to be "abernard"

Is there a 50K offer for the business version of the card somewhere?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:14 am

First time applying, got the dreaded "we will contact you" message. I have a 750+ FICO and have never had a BAC card or account before. Any idea how to proceed? Wait or call recon line?

Full message:

Thank you for submitting your credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days with further information.

Your submission of this application indicates your agreement with each of the conditions and disclosures for this credit card account. By closing this window you will be leaving this Web Site. The site that you go to may have privacy and security policies that differ from this site. The owner of that Web site is solely responsible for the products, services, and content on its Web site.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
First time applying, got the dreaded "we will contact you" message. I have a 750+ FICO and have never had a BAC card or account before. Any idea how to proceed? Wait or call recon line?
You may want to wait a day or two. Make sure your application is in the system.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnscout
That has happened to me a lot with BoA cards, last time with Virgin Atlantic. I think this is the way their system is set up, but more experienced CSRs will know how to find the second part of the bonus. So that doesn't mean anything, you might wanna call again.
Will try again. Which number did u call?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:43 am

How long do offers like this generally remain open? I'm torn between a few cards but would like to grab this one if it is going to go back down in the near future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.