Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:36 pm

I currently have 2 personal AS cards and 1 business AS card.

Do I need to cancel any cards before I apply for one more personal and one more business AS cards?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by kip1124
I currently have 2 personal AS cards and 1 business AS card.

Do I need to cancel any cards before I apply for one more personal and one more business AS cards?
I currently have three of each.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yes, the past few days I haven't been able to get chat to work on mine or my wife's account. Today it's working on my account.

EDIT: Still dead on wife's account.
Still dead for me. Guess I'll have to call em to cancel these cards.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by coffee18
Still dead for me. Guess I'll have to call em to cancel these cards.
Still dead on my wife's account too. It just says that all agents are helping others. when I log in with my account it says that chat is only available till 8pm so it's closed. I also have preferred status with BOA while my wife does not. Not sure if there's anything to that though.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Anyone got two biz cards applying with one SSN?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
You can always product change instead of cancelling.
good point. totally forgotten abt the PC option.

i think the one most people want to PC to is the BBR cards

i will try that
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
good point. totally forgotten abt the PC option.

i think the one most people want to PC to is the BBR cards

i will try that
Good luck, I've tried calling 3 times and each rep said it's not possible to PC to BBR, must apply for the card as a new account. You might luck out if you HUCA but it seems they are really drilling that into them lately...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
Ed Janowsky even got three with one SSN:
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Good luck, I've tried calling 3 times and each rep said it's not possible to PC to BBR, must apply for the card as a new account. You might luck out if you HUCA but it seems they are really drilling that into them lately...
ya i heard it is quite tough to get that PC these days

the problem is i dont really want any other BOA cards...

those that i want have sign up bonus and require me to apply for a new card anyway

maybe just have to get some junk petsmart card.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by eethan
I have opened two in the past year, but I have a thirty year business relationship with B of A.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:32 am

Was doing chat today to lower a limit on one of my AS accounts and asked about my wife's account. Reply from the chat agent:

Originally Posted by BOA Agent
Thank you for that, right now the chats are only available for Preferred Rewards clients. This change was made at the beginning of September I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As of right now there is not a way for clients that are not Preferred Rewards to chat or email. Right now the only method for her would be the phone.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I currently have three of each.
Thanks! I will apply without canceling the other 3 cards.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:46 pm

Was doing chat today to lower a limit on one of my AS accounts and asked about my wife's account. Reply from the chat agent:
What a pain. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it though.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by coffee18
What a pain. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it though.
And what's worse is that my wife almost always will refuse to call any bank, even if it's for something as easy as lowering a CL.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for that, right now the chats are only available for Preferred Rewards clients. This change was made at the beginning of September I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As of right now there is not a way for clients that are not Preferred Rewards to chat or email. Right now the only method for her would be the phone.
What do they mean by Preferred Rewards clients??? I've never heard that term before. What makes you a Preferred Rewards client and your wife not a Preferred Rewards client?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.