Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:46 pm

Data point: I'm a WA resident and got the 50k offer and the second 25k posted as "signature card 25k spend bonus WA". So, it may be targeted geographically.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: All of em...
Bummer, went for another one today and got a $1k credit line.

I've been following this thread for a couple years but cannot remember the procedure when you get the lower version of the card. Can I call and erase the app/inquiry or is it already set? If it's set, do I have any shot at calling an analyst for a higher limit and the premium? I'm assuming not, but if there's better news, I'm all ears. $100 and 3,000 miles is hardly worth it.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:18 pm

Strange Occurrence.

I applied for 2 signature cards about two weeks ago. One came yesterday, the other I have yet to receive. I have already received 25k x2 posted to my Alaska account, without making any spend or even activating the cards! The mileage was posted on approval for the cards!

Just now checking the verbage of the Alaska Airlines site it does say "On Approval". Though, it also mentions 3-4 weeks. Never had this happen to me before.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Bummer, went for another one today and got a $1k credit line.

I've been following this thread for a couple years but cannot remember the procedure when you get the lower version of the card. Can I call and erase the app/inquiry or is it already set? If it's set, do I have any shot at calling an analyst for a higher limit and the premium? I'm assuming not, but if there's better news, I'm all ears. $100 and 3,000 miles is hardly worth it.
The lower version is called Platinum, the full version is called Signature. Search this thread on both those words together (19 results returned) and you'll find discussions of how people handled it in the past. (If those aren't enough, you may also want to search on Plat and Sig, for other discussions in which people abbreviated the names of the card types.)

Meanwhile, do you have other credit cards with BofA already? How much total CL on them if so?

You cannot erase an inquiry. It is at the credit bureau, not the bank, and no one can pull it back.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The lower version is called Platinum, the full version is called Signature. Search this thread on both those words together (19 results returned) and you'll find discussions of how people handled it in the past. (If those aren't enough, you may also want to search on Plat and Sig, for other discussions in which people abbreviated the names of the card types.)

Meanwhile, do you have other credit cards with BofA already? How much total CL on them if so?

You cannot erase an inquiry. It is at the credit bureau, not the bank, and no one can pull it back.
I've posted in depth on this recently, and the later posts are the most accurate. In short, you will have to call Recon, have them raise your CL to $5k, and then petition Customer Relations to replace (not upgrade, replace) your Plat with a Sig card with the full sign up bonus. They will have to notify you by mail of the change in the AF, and it will take almost 2 months to get the Sig card. But if you want the miles, especially since they have already done the HP, IMO its well worth it.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:14 pm

Is there a number to call to ask about the 50K since I'm in WA and signed up for partner emails but haven't receivd danything or maybe I deleted it by accident....
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ambivalent
Is there a number to call to ask about the 50K since I'm in WA and signed up for partner emails but haven't receivd danything or maybe I deleted it by accident....
I'd love to know as well. Has anyone had luck calling up BofA and asking for the 50k offer?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:40 pm

Search this thread on both those words together (19 results returned) and you'll find discussions of how people handled it in the past.

Thanks. 4 years now and I still forget about the search function!

Originally Posted by Brugge
I've posted in depth on this recently, and the later posts are the most accurate. In short, you will have to call Recon, have them raise your CL to $5k, and then petition Customer Relations to replace (not upgrade, replace) your Plat with a Sig card with the full sign up bonus. They will have to notify you by mail of the change in the AF, and it will take almost 2 months to get the Sig card. But if you want the miles, especially since they have already done the HP, IMO its well worth it.
Thanks for the tips. Traveling in Peru & Brazil these next 2 weeks. Bad timing on my part. Hate to let it go, but not sure I'll have the capacity of those kinds of phone calls.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:47 am

Forgot to answer that. Yes, I've had 4 Alaska cards before. Always been approved for the Visa Signature - this was my first lower approval. Currently have 1 VA card open with a $7,500 CL. Have gotten approved for BOA cards before while having 2 open BOA cards so I dunno what happened this time. Credit score is 760-780. Will see what the phone calls say.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by msfrugalista
Applied to two personal cards yesterday (first time applying for Alaska cards). Got instant approval for the first one and under review for the second one. Called recon to get them to consider the second application (it did get coded as a dup). The rep was very nice and looked into the application and approved the second card as well - as long as I was willing to move credit from the first card to the second. I was approved a CL of 8K on the first card, so I moved 3K to the second card. Then I confirmed with her that I was entitled to the 25K intro promo on both cards. She stated that I needed a CL of min 5K to get the intro promo and bumped my CL on the second card to 5K! She said I get the intro promo on both cards...let's see if I get the bonus miles when I meet the min spending! Hope this helps as an additional data point.
Thanks for the info. It encouraged me to call rather than wait it out. Yesterday I applied for one, got instant approval $25K CL and on the second I got pending. So I called to tell them it wasn't a dupe and they could transfer part of the first approved CL to the second card, that I only really wanted $5K on each. She approved me for the second for the same CL as the first, and said she couldn't lower them to $5K. I would have to wait to get the cards in the mail and call the number on the back. Is this true? I am happy there will be only one inquiry, but I don't think adding this much credit is good for my score. I am already at 1% utilization. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Thanks for the info. It encouraged me to call rather than wait it out. Yesterday I applied for one, got instant approval $25K CL and on the second I got pending. So I called to tell them it wasn't a dupe and they could transfer part of the first approved CL to the second card, that I only really wanted $5K on each. She approved me for the second for the same CL as the first, and said she couldn't lower them to $5K. I would have to wait to get the cards in the mail and call the number on the back. Is this true? I am happy there will be only one inquiry, but I don't think adding this much credit is good for my score. I am already at 1% utilization. Any thoughts?
The hit is gonna come from the two new accounts, not the available credit. Less than 1% is better than 1% utilization until you get to exactly 0.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Has Anyone Gotten 2 AS Bus Cards?

Ok, we all know it's easy to get 2 AS personal cards. But like me you might get stuck with a Plat card with a 5K sign up bonus. Taking literal months to change over to a 50K Sig card. But AFAIK, the Bus card only comes as a Sig.

My wife has a real business, and could use some more AS miles. Has anyone signed up for TWO AS Business cards at the same time? Or if not, maybe a month or two apart?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Ok, we all know it's easy to get 2 AS personal cards. But like me you might get stuck with a Plat card with a 5K sign up bonus. Taking literal months to change over to a 50K Sig card. But AFAIK, the Bus card only comes as a Sig.

My wife has a real business, and could use some more AS miles. Has anyone signed up for TWO AS Business cards at the same time? Or if not, maybe a month or two apart?
from a few days ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24419321-post1355.html
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
Just received my Alaska Air Visa miles (still waiting to receive the actual Credit Card) should I call in and see if I can get bumped to 50K if I spend $1,000 in my first 90 days???
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
Just called... They said they couldn't do 50K, but they did confirm that I had an offer for $1k spent in 60 days gets a $100 statement credit. Works for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.