Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:26 am

Data point.

(12/10/2014)
Applied for AS 50k offer - Approved.
Applied for AS 25k business - Approved.

(12/16/2014)
Applied for AS 25k + $100 - Denied.
Applied for AS 25k business - Initially denied, but asked to split credit line and then was approved.

Both times Bank of America pulled Experian (and used the same inquiry for both business/personal cards). Which seems weird considering that personal/business credit reports are slightly different.

Might call in and try to convince them to open the second personal card.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: VS Gold
Hi , where is the 50K offer? Can you share the link please?
TY!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, the 50k offer I applied for was one of those one-time use email targeted offers. I even attempted to use it twice, but got an error message about the code having been already used.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:30 pm

Applied for two cards on 12/11. Both went to pending. I planned to wait until one was approved before calling in about the other. But I received a letter yesterday saying one application was rejected as they thought it was a duplicate. Since both apps were still pending this morning I decided to call the Spanish line.

The rep was very nice and told me that one app was indeed rejected due to it being a duplicate. I told him it wasn't and that I'd like him to review both apps. He put me on a hold for a minute and came back saying he could approve the first card with a 10k line. I asked about the other and he immediately said he could split the credit line and approve both cards at 5k.

I received only a single credit pull. Thanks all for the advice in this thread!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by GH83
Applied for two cards on 12/11. Both went to pending. I planned to wait until one was approved before calling in about the other. But I received a letter yesterday saying one application was rejected as they thought it was a duplicate. Since both apps were still pending this morning I decided to call the Spanish line.

The rep was very nice and told me that one app was indeed rejected due to it being a duplicate. I told him it wasn't and that I'd like him to review both apps. He put me on a hold for a minute and came back saying he could approve the first card with a 10k line. I asked about the other and he immediately said he could split the credit line and approve both cards at 5k.

I received only a single credit pull. Thanks all for the advice in this thread!
So you will be getting two 25K bonus miles (50K total)?

And why did you call the Spanish line but not the normal English recon line?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by cacraig
Data point.

(12/10/2014)
Applied for AS 50k offer - Approved.
Applied for AS 25k business - Approved.

(12/16/2014)
Applied for AS 25k + $100 - Denied.
Applied for AS 25k business - Initially denied, but asked to split credit line and then was approved.

Both times Bank of America pulled Experian (and used the same inquiry for both business/personal cards). Which seems weird considering that personal/business credit reports are slightly different.

Might call in and try to convince them to open the second personal card.
Does the 50K offer come with $100 statement credit?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
So you will be getting two 25K bonus miles (50K total)?

And why did you call the Spanish line but not the normal English recon line?
There is a theory that the Spanish line agents (bilingual) are generally nicer to deal with. I've dealt with both and have had the same positive experience. B of A probably has the easiest reconsideration process as long as you get through to the right person.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:13 pm

...! I was sent a Platinum PLus card! Did they switch it out on me and is there anything I can do?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mastermind85
...! I was sent a Platinum PLus card! Did they switch it out on me and is there anything I can do?
Do you have another card with them to get your CL to $5K to qualify for a Signature? You can try calling but you may be out of luck. I wouldn't even activate the card unless the lesser bonus is worth the annual fee you pay. Do you even get the statement credit for the lesser card?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:16 pm

Happens from time to time. Search back a few pages. T&C state that if you don't qualify then they give you lesser version. Some people get it reversed, but not sure if can still accomplish that after it's sent to you or when cutoff is.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Canceled wife's personal card 12/9/14 that she only had since 9/15/14.
Applied 12/19 for her using 2BM - two personal cards with $100 credit offer
Went pending on both. She called Spanish line Monday and they easily approved her for $5000 on both cards. The rep even told her that she wanted to give her $5K limits so that she would get both bonuses. I love B of A.

Question- Can she get two $100 credits if she used that link to apply for both cards?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by finloopio
Canceled wife's personal card 12/9/14 that she only had since 9/15/14.
Applied 12/19 for her using 2BM - two personal cards with $100 credit offer
Went pending on both. She called Spanish line Monday and they easily approved her for $5000 on both cards. The rep even told her that she wanted to give her $5K limits so that she would get both bonuses. I love B of A.

Question- Can she get two $100 credits if she used that link to apply for both cards?
Yes, thats the offer she applied for
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:34 am

This has happened to me. I took the advice of someone on FT and made the application by phone the next time I applied. This way I could make clear I needed a $5K CL. It worked, but it is not as convenient and it is not clear how I could apply for two cards at once by phone. Unless someone here has already attempted....?

As to your question, though, I did not attempt to switch the Platinum plus and just took the 5K miles it comes with and closed it later.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:32 pm
Suspended

If I closed my Alaska card just 2 months ago, how quickly can I get a new one and also get the bonus?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:00 pm

Applied for 2 cards today, got pending on both. Applied only a month and a half after my most recent one (11/12/14), and only a week or 2 after closing the first AS card I applied for (back in August).

Will call reconsideration tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.