Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by michael_v
Yes, they automatically created the ffn for me (I applied during the weekend when Alaska ffn website was down) and Alaska even emailed me "welcome to Alaska ffn" with the number and everything.
They haven't recieved any emails from Alaska yet. Should something be arriving in mail for a ffn??
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FTRox87
what do you mean kicked out entirely?
It showed the processing screen, then immediately went to the Alaska airlines web page.

No one could see any evidence of a second application under my social.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
They haven't recieved any emails from Alaska yet. Should something be arriving in mail for a ffn??
Not in the mail for me. It took 6 days after application date for that email to arrive though.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:28 pm

When do miles post?

I opened my new Alaska Airlines card 9 days ago with the link at the top of the Wiki (used my prior FF number, which is printed correctly on the cc I received). No miles have posted so far. I did an online chat with a BoA rep, who said that my miles would not post until after my first cc statement. Is that correct? I was under the impression that miles post right away.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:35 pm

Tried a 3BM. Didn't work out so well.

1st App was mid Aug. Tried 3bm recently, 1 was immediately declined due to duplicate app. 1 was declined due to reaching credit exposure, 1 was approved for non-sig card.

I was able to move credit over from my current sig card to get the new app approved for sig, however, it moved my current sig card to a CL below that needed for a sig card, should be no sweat on my part for that...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ashap
It showed the processing screen, then immediately went to the Alaska airlines web page.

No one could see any evidence of a second application under my social.
Update - both approved! 1 hard pull showing on my report, even though apps were about 20 minutes apart.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I must thank you and Ops5 posts that encouraged me to pursuit the 2nd card.

The physical card of the 1st approval arrived yesterday. However when I went online to activate it, to my surprise, the 2nd approval not only was online but was activated already...

immediately went to chat with BofA to inquire who made the activation when card was not even in customer's procession. Chat rep said it was BofA activated it as a courtesy. ...?

So now here is a card that is mailed activated - how stupid this can be?
Glad I could help. More than 1 of your 18k+ posts have been educational to me

I can't figure out BoA's activation process either. When I went to activate my two new cards online, it showed that the card I got back in August (and have used a few times) was not yet activated.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THANK YOU Both for the great data points!

We called this morning using the Spanish line - 1-866-865-7843 and got a very friendly guy based in Phoenix AZ. It is true that the Spanish-speaking line has much friendlier agents.

He said there would be NO additional pull on this approval as the pull has already been done at initial submission.
CSR was WRONG. Got the approval letter on the second card today, it showed a score from TU, while the 1st card was from EXP. So the process of approving the second card did result a second pull, and in our case, from a different bureau (better this way).

I guess unless you get instant approvals on the 2BM, the 2nd card would indeed incur a second pull. Others can report back their data points on this.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
CSR was WRONG. Got the approval letter on the second card today, it showed a score from TU, while the 1st card was from EXP. So the process of approving the second card did result a second pull, and in our case, from a different bureau (better this way).

I guess unless you get instant approvals on the 2BM, the 2nd card would indeed incur a second pull. Others can report back their data points on this.
I've handled 10+ dual applications (personal/biz) on same day and they've always pulled a 2nd bureau, instant or not.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:57 pm

I just did my second 2BM of the year (my previous one being around June time). At first I was instantly denied, but called 1-866-811-4108 and asked for a reconsideration. The lady who came on the phone after my call was transferred to the right department was really friendly. She said that the reason why i was denied was because I seemed to have a pattern of opening credit cards with them for the rewards, and then closing them. She asked if I was applying for these two new cards for that purpose. What was I to say? I said yes. I said I really loved Alaska Airlines (true! true!) and the BoA customer service (so far so true!). At which point she laughed and said that that was fair enough, and approved me for two new cards at the Signature-$5K Cl level. *woot*

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last twelve months:

Nov 2013 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM): Approved, still open
Jun 2014 (2BM): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other still open
Nov 2014 (2BM): Approved x2

So I now have four open, with CLs of $7.5k x 1, and $5k x 3
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000

That is impressive! ^
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Shoulda gotten her name and digits, that one's a keeper.

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I just did my second 2BM of the year (my previous one being around June time). At first I was instantly denied, but called 1-866-811-4108 and asked for a reconsideration. The lady who came on the phone after my call was transferred to the right department was really friendly. She said that the reason why i was denied was because I seemed to have a pattern of opening credit cards with them for the rewards, and then closing them. She asked if I was applying for these two new cards for that purpose. What was I to say? I said yes. I said I really loved Alaska Airlines (true! true!) and the BoA customer service (so far so true!). At which point she laughed and said that that was fair enough, and approved me for two new cards at the Signature-$5K Cl level. *woot*

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last twelve months:

Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by TMKTakot
Shoulda gotten her name and digits, that one's a keeper.
her name was Donna
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
I've handled 10+ dual applications (personal/biz) on same day and they've always pulled a 2nd bureau, instant or not.
Have you done personal/personal dual apps?

If they still pull 2 agencies, then there is no reason to do 2BM other than accelerating the accumulation of miles because it is only 25K bonus.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:43 pm

Have you done personal/personal dual apps?

If they still pull 2 agencies, then there is no reason to do 2BM other than accelerating the accumulation of miles because it is only 25K bonus.
My last 2BM with BoA for Alaska was personal/personal, and it definitely was one single pull. Will find out what this latest 2BM did soon enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.