Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: status free since 2017
How soon does the referral bonus post on the account? Yet to see it.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
Alright... I applied for the personal alaska card a while ago (more than a week). And right after I applied, I called and the representative told me I am going to get the platinum plus version. I ask if it is possible for me to transfer CL or do a CLI to get the visa signature version in order to get the 25k. She told me that theres no way to do so and ask me to apply again.

Here comes the interesting part: Today, i received the card, and to my surprise, it is a visa signature! I am not sure what had happened, but I am ok with that. I am going to send them a secured msg and hope they can confirm that with me soon.

I will let you guys know how things go!

-Pete

Update: Just chatted with the guy online. He seems very not knowledgable, and whenever I ask him questions, he just refer to the normal alaska application website. That wasn't helpful at all and will give them a call to see if that is any better.

Last edited by sincera4565; Oct 25, 2014 at 1:16 pm Reason: provide update
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:32 am

[I]Not getting instant decision...

I applied for a card 10days ago and it came back with = We need time to review and will get back to you in 30days.[/I

Same here - had closed previous Alaska card. Hopefully this one goes through!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone's Personal card $100 statement not posting? Two of us had the $100 credit post within a few days of meeting the spend while the third still has not posted after 2 weeks..
My $100 statement credit posted a week later than expected. They must have had IT issues. Hopefully yours posted too.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:55 pm

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

For those of you doing 2 browser, is it consolidated into 1 pull or 2 separate pulls?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 pm

I got only one pull for 2 BM

Originally Posted by ashap
For those of you doing 2 browser, is it consolidated into 1 pull or 2 separate pulls?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Was this on two personal or a personal and business at the same time?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:39 pm

two personal

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
Was this on two personal or a personal and business at the same time?
two personal
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:50 pm

Datapoint:
1. Applied for BankOfAmerica VisaSignature. I've had one more same card earlier (but now closed).
2. Got approved for PlatinumPlus (with lower benefits) instead.
3. Called recon lines. They moved my credit around and put in a request to upgrade my card to VisaSignature and I'll know about it in 7-10 business days.

They did say "I can continue to use PlatinumPlus till I heard about the upgrade".

Questions:
Do I get the $50-alaska-credit/5000 miles from PlatinumPlus still even after upgrade?
Do I get the 25000 bonus miles/$100 reimbursement once my card is upgraded?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
This may have been asked, but does anyone know if I can close a BofA card online or do I have to call in?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
This may have been asked, but does anyone know if I can close a BofA card online or do I have to call in?
Both.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:58 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
Both.
Could you give a little more detail about the online process. Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, US Air, Alaska
If one has a credit score of 790 and no mortgage or debt, what are the chances of getting approved for the Signature card? Don't want to apply for this card if I can't get this card and the 25,000 miles. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by [email protected]
If one has a credit score of 790 and no mortgage or debt, what are the chances of getting approved for the Signature card? Don't want to apply for this card if I can't get this card and the 25,000 miles. Thanks.
Unless you have some issues with Bank of America I don't see them giving you under $5,000 in credit. Income should be decent to support the limit though too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.