Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
We need that 50K sign on bonus again!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Yeah of course we do! But in the meantime, I can't wait: our family has gotten 100K from 4 sign up bonuses this past month with the Canuck version--Oh Canada! And we applied for our 5th this week...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I wonder if it'll come back around year end again. Or at least bring back the 40K. I haven't had an AS credit in quite a while now.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by agp423
I wonder if it'll come back around year end again. Or at least bring back the 40K. I haven't had an AS credit in quite a while now.
The previous one a condition that one should not have had an AS card in the past 12 months.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Interested in this card, but have not tracked at all. Is 50k the prime offer to wait for?

What would a typical continental US roundtrip cost point wise?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
dont waste your time and work up your blood pressure on that.

If you could MS, $1K is a $12 cost to generate the spend. Just do it and the $100 statement credit would most likely show up in between 1 to 3 weeks.

In fact in our case of 4 cards the $100 credit showed up BEFORE we got that letter which you only get when you sign up the correct offer.

No need to get reps to verify as none of them has any clue - has been the experiences from those of us who have gone thru this since the $100 credit offer is available from almost 2 years ago.
To close the loop - completed $1k spend, received $100 credit (was told no way) a week later. Never received my 25k points, only 5k from the original 'bad' approval.

Still undecided if it's worth it to keep nagging about the missing 20k or if I should just be happy I got the credit and move on.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: Far too many
Watch your browser!

The personal link brings up an application in Chrome, but Firefox & Safari display an "offer unavailable" message.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel light
The personal link brings up an application in Chrome, but Firefox & Safari display an "offer unavailable" message.
In a regular window or a Private browsing window?

A Private browsing window is equivalent to, among other things, clearing all your cookies. And bank websites are sometimes confused about offers if your browser has cookies from viewing a different offer previously. So it's best to always do credit card applications in Private browsing windows.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Canceled my long-time personal card last month...

My three year anniversary was coming up in October so I canceled my Alaska personal card in August right after getting approved for a business version. Can I now apply for the current personal offer and receive the 25,000 miles plus $100 statement credit? Or is this just for new customers?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by PurdueMan
You can simply go to the AS website and figure it out in about 30 seconds.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
With the Biz card, will they also, like the personal, give you the inferior 5k bonus version if you don't get approved for the 25k?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by finloopio
My three year anniversary was coming up in October so I canceled my Alaska personal card in August right after getting approved for a business version. Can I now apply for the current personal offer and receive the 25,000 miles plus $100 statement credit? Or is this just for new customers?
And I understand people have received the bonus miles multiple times with this card... my main question is will I get the $100 statement credit after $1,000 spend?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:42 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Preacher7
With the Biz card, will they also, like the personal, give you the inferior 5k bonus version if you don't get approved for the 25k?
luckily, there's only one version of the Biz card. so the bonus is not dependent on visa sig, plat plus etc.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:18 pm

How common is the "We'll notify you by mail" pending online decision? Do I wait or call reconsideration line? High income and 780 credit score. Maybe too many cards open? I've applied for 3 credit cards in the last two months. Thoughts anyone?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by PurdueMan
Interested in this card, but have not tracked at all. Is 50k the prime offer to wait for?

The 50K offer came only once AFAIK.

A RT costs 25K or 12.5K for one-way on AS/AA. You can take one-way on DL and return on AS/AA for 25K. I think starting next year you might be able to take one-ways alone on DL when they allow one-ways on their program. That is just my speculation though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.