Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I applied for one last Dec, and then one again in May... I was just getting greedy and wanted to apply for another one after 3 months but don't know what the success rate is.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: AA, AS, DL, VX, HH, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by agp423
I applied for one last Dec, and then one again in May... I was just getting greedy and wanted to apply for another one after 3 months but don't know what the success rate is.
It's older, but a data point from post #19 in this thread said he churns this one every 90-120 days.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You are incorrect.

The 25K offer earns bonus after approval. In fact the bonus posted to my AS account BEFORE the card even arrived.

The $1K spend is to earn the $100 statement credit, not the bonus which is just as ready as the 30K offer.

The $1K spend costed me anywhere $8 to $10 depending on situation. The $75 annual fee is offset by the $100 statement credit that usually posts 2 weeks after meeting the $1K spend. I do NOT need to pay the annual fee even though it is billed, and essentially still have $25 credit left. Minus the cost to spend the $1K, I still pocket a minimum of $15.

The 30K card requires you to pay the $75 annual fee.

If that is not paying $75 for 5K miles, may be a remedial math lesson is needed here.

On top of that, it is a very expensive price to pay for the 5K AS miles!
I am pretty sure that I got a $75 annual fee refund after canceling the card (after 30K posted, of course)....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I am pretty sure that I got a $75 annual fee refund after canceling the card (after 30K posted, of course)....
And how many times did you repeat this "trick" before BofA "blacklisted" you?

In other words, if all you want is 30k, then fine, play whatever tricks you want. However, many of us want as many miles as we can get, and that requires keeping the bank "happy enough" to allow us to keep re-applying. And I fail to see how your "trick" is means to that end...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
For those that have churned this - how long did it take to get the second bonus. I originally applied for the 40k offer earlier this year and just applied for the 30k offer. It didn't approve instantly but in checking BofA the new account is listed with the AF and everything (the AF is listed for 7/24 so that must have been the day of approval).

However I do not yet see the 30k in my account (based on the 7/24 that means it's been anywhere from 24 - 36 hours or so since the approval occurred). Should I expect the bonus to post in the next day or two or did I make a mistake my listing the same FF # as earlier in the year (as opposed to just creating a new one and combining accounts)?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Should I expect the bonus to post in the next day or two
Not even that soon. BofA posts stuff in batches, so one application you might hit it faster and on another application much slower, depending on when your application was relative to their batch processing schedule.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I got my second sign on bonus before I received the physical card. I waited six months after the first card. Both were instant approvals.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And how many times did you repeat this "trick" before BofA "blacklisted" you?

In other words, if all you want is 30k, then fine, play whatever tricks you want. However, many of us want as many miles as we can get, and that requires keeping the bank "happy enough" to allow us to keep re-applying. And I fail to see how your "trick" is means to that end...
+1.

BofA is known to leave you alone if you play by the rule, i.e. get the card, earn the bonus, pay the fee. Rinse and repeat, for as many times as you feel comfortable with... A satisfactory long term relationship that benefits both parties.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
For those that have churned this - how long did it take to get the second bonus. I originally applied for the 40k offer earlier this year and just applied for the 30k offer. It didn't approve instantly but in checking BofA the new account is listed with the AF and everything (the AF is listed for 7/24 so that must have been the day of approval).

However I do not yet see the 30k in my account (based on the 7/24 that means it's been anywhere from 24 - 36 hours or so since the approval occurred). Should I expect the bonus to post in the next day or two or did I make a mistake my listing the same FF # as earlier in the year (as opposed to just creating a new one and combining accounts)?
The miles are processed in BATCHES. Nobody knows the intervals of the batches. If you are lucky that your approval is in time to be included in the upcoming batch to be processed, you would see the bonus before you even receive the card. If you are unlucky and your approval is just AFTER a batch is processed, then you may need to wait 2 weeks before seeing the miles in your account. However the DATE of the posting would be a date much EARLIER than the date you actually see it.

I can tell you the above based on observations on getting AS cards for years, with the most recent 4 cards in the family, one got the bonus before card arrived. 2 got the bonus in about 10 days after approval. 1 got the bonus 2.5 weeks after approval.

Take you pick to speculate when you would see yours.

I got my second sign on bonus before I received the physical card. I waited six months after the first card. Both were instant approvals.
Posting of bonus miles have nothing to do with the interval between application. Though 6 months interval helps to get instant approval especially if this is your only BofA/FIA card.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:19 pm
Suspended

+1.

BofA is known to leave you alone if you play by the rule, i.e. get the card, earn the bonus, pay the fee. Rinse and repeat, for as many times as you feel comfortable with... A satisfactory long term relationship that benefits both parties.
Is it advisable to close a card before applying for it again after? or would they like you to keep it a certain amount of time?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Is it advisable to close a card before applying for it again after? or would they like you to keep it a certain amount of time?
I don't know what the limits might be, but I currently have three, all opened within the last year. I'll keep at least that many indefinitely as long as the companion pass keeps working the way it does now and I keep flying AS enough to keep at least MVPG.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Posting of bonus miles have nothing to do with the interval between application. Though 6 months interval helps to get instant approval especially if this is your only BofA/FIA card.
Many times in business and in life, you learn to provide information and answers to suspected subsequent questions. Me saying I waited six months is an answer to a suspected subsequent question. It doesn't matter if it has to do with it or not. You simply think it doesn't have to do with it, but there is no statistical evidence. You can say I've seen people who... but that's still not statistical evidence, that would only be a few anecdotal examples, but your sampling method would be in question because of course you would defend your own view/point.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many times in business and in life, you learn to provide information and answers to suspected subsequent questions. Me saying I waited six months is an answer to a suspected subsequent question. It doesn't matter if it has to do with it or not. You simply think it doesn't have to do with it, but there is no statistical evidence. You can say I've seen people who... but that's still not statistical evidence, that would only be a few anecdotal examples, but your sampling method would be in question because of course you would defend your own view/point.
Please stop talking about statistics - yours is just as speculative as mine whether the time interval has anything to do with getting bonus. You can believe your approach but on this very thread there are more than a few posters have gotten their bonuses with as short as 2 months apart.

My own experiences have shown 4 months are plenty enough.

At least the above seems to be a bigger sample pool than you, being the ONLY sample for the 6 months claim.

But I would not be so nutty to call this a statistically support "conclusion".

If the credit card bonuses gathering thing can be quantified, we would not have these many threads and these many posts on this site alone.

There is also one concept called Empirical Data just sayin.

All I and probably most people here care about, is which way(s) generally work better - that by itself is very individualized - such as your credit profile would not be the same as mine, as a starter. So what statistic?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by bobby21
I was just looking for a firm data point for a non elite getting the 40k. Please let us know if you actually received the miles.
Originally Posted by schneider4
Hi -

I'd like to second that request for a data point - I don't want to open the card, spend the $, and then find that I don't get the bonus.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by ataturk
I was approved, using the 40K offer, for 18K credit line.

1) Would it be safe to say this is the Signature version based on the CL?

2) I am not an Alaska Elite, if I get the 40K, I'll let you know
FWIW I got the 40k as non elite last year, I'm assuming it's the same link. The way I confirmed the 40k before starting to spend was via secure message when I first got the card. Anyone even bother to try that or just simply just call?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:58 am

I applied for the visa signature version 25,000+5000 offer but was only approved for the platinum plus with a $2500 cl...i called reconsideration line the same day as application and asked for the visa signature version with increase cl to $10000...they approved that request but told me i would first get the platinum plus version and then receive the visa sig card abt two weeks ltr. asked them abt the bonus and was told i would get the visa signature bonus.

so i get the plat plus version of the card, call up to confirm i'm getting the visa signature version, they confirm i will be getting it...ask abt the bonus and they say there is nothing in the notes but that is prob because i'm getting the visa sig card with comes with the increased miles bonus anyway..

check my alaska acct and i've been given only 10,000 miles. am i screwed? any chance they will give me the remaining miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.