Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
Very informative post.

I wish I can make use of AS miles/flights. Being based in the east coast (PHL, EWR, JFK area), I don't see how I can use the $99 certificates.
I plan on using mine for EWR-SEA-HNL and back in F. Last I checked, it was about $1400. Add the $99 companion cert and taxes and such and it's a little more than a normal priced ticket to Hawaii.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:57 am

If the companion certificate is issued on 01MAY2012 will it need to be used for travel before 01MAY2013 or can it be used to book prior to 01MAY2013 for travel beyond 01MAY2013? In other words, can I apply today and plan to use the certificate in the summer of 2013?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by 8tracks
If the companion certificate is issued on 01MAY2012 will it need to be used for travel before 01MAY2013 or can it be used to book prior to 01MAY2013 for travel beyond 01MAY2013? In other words, can I apply today and plan to use the certificate in the summer of 2013?
According to the Companion FAQ thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-fare-faq.html

You only have to book the flights before the expiration day.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Would it ok to apply for AS card and the bank of hawaii hawaiian airlines card on the same day?

- naroowal
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by naroowal
Would it ok to apply for AS card and the bank of hawaii hawaiian airlines card on the same day?

- naroowal
Both are FIA card services. Both are easy if you are 750+. Use two browsers, apply for both at the same time.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Both are FIA card services. Both are easy if you are 750+. Use two browsers, apply for both at the same time.
Do you recommend doing this with the AS biz card as well (i.e. simultaneous apps for AS personal and Biz)?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
GONE

The links for the 30K and 35K are no longer working, at least for me. They looked like "zombie" links & I'm guessing BofA shut them down.

Can anyone get them to work?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
The links for the 30K and 35K are no longer working, at least for me. They looked like "zombie" links & I'm guessing BofA shut them down.

The 35K doesn't work for me either. Too bad all the banks are taking the links down so fast lately...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by philemer

Dammit. At least I got an approved app in for my wife. I'll have to wait for mine.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:08 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
No!!!!

Originally Posted by ejh25
Dammit. At least I got an approved app in for my wife. I'll have to wait for mine.
Double dammit. I got one at 30k for my husband but was going wait a week or two to do my apps. My mistake!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I must have gotten in right before they cut off as they worked for me this morning @ 9 a.m. PST. (I knew I should have had dh apply for his at the same time...)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
what game are they playing? have to cut short 'cause too many ppl applying? (Isn't that what they wanted?) or too few? (then they should wait for more..)

i just don't get it..
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: Lotz
Maybe it was a marketing test.

Maybe the 40K's coming back soon- about this time last year.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: All of em...
It's unfortunate this link went down! I knew it was a long shot, but I would have used it this summer if it would have still been around. Maybe the 40k will be out again, cheers! I'm ready for my 2nd!

All the constant links going up and falling down so fast has made it hard to keep up!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by akp
Double dammit. I got one at 30k for my husband but was going wait a week or two to do my apps. My mistake!
There is still a 25,000-mile offer available. It's not 30 or 35K, but at least it is something for anyone who might be interested: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...redit-cards.go

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.