Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:43 pm

Thank you for the clarification. That makes more sense.
Originally Posted by akcae
Only those earned in the current statement period that haven't yet posted to your AS account.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by zyh4530
Today I tried to cancel my Alaska card via online chat. The CSP told me if I cancel it they will forfeit all the miles associated with this card. Is that the case? I could not find any post saying it.
No, you won't lose your Alaska Airlines miles when cancelling your BofA Alaska Airlines credit card.

Many miles & points bloggers have detailed posts relating to this. Google "Will I lose my points if I cancel my credit card."

I actually closed one of my Alaska Airline cards about an hour ago via phone call. I, too, was told that any points associated with the account will be forfeited. Of course, I said "well ok then, please go ahead and close my account anyway." Personally, I believe that is one of their tactics to persuade you to stay with them. Then rep tried to talk me into some kind of no annual fee card with travel awards, I respectfully declined.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:12 am
rev

Originally Posted by jt58203
Then rep tried to talk me into some kind of no annual fee card with travel awards, I respectfully declined.
Was it a product change/downgrade? If so I don't see the harm in doing that. I may try to do that to my oldest AS card to help my age of credit with them and my credit report with the lowest limit I can get. But if it's offering a whole new product/HP while cancelling...can't say I come across that too often.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:33 am

first card, personal, approved $15k. Slow and steady approach for me!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 am

So I signed up for biz and personal 10 months ago and signed up for another set just yesterday.

The first biz got instant approval (pulled TU) and the second got the pending. I called and they said they couldn't approve the personal because my EX was frozen. So I unfroze it and they pulled it with no problems. I didn't get the combined pulls tho

So here's my question. Did the biz card automatically move over to TU because EX was frozen, but the personal card got held up?

Either way it looks like two pulls, biz on TU and personal on EX.... so I figured what the heck and just applied for another personal to take advantage of the pull.... got the pending
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:35 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by rev
Was it a product change/downgrade? If so I don't see the harm in doing that. I may try to do that to my oldest AS card to help my age of credit with them and my credit report with the lowest limit I can get. But if it's offering a whole new product/HP while cancelling...can't say I come across that too often.
Rep said it was for BankAmericard Travel Rewards card with no annual fee and that my $75 Alaska Airline card renewal fee would be erased if I switched. I just wasn't interested.

I have several no annual fee cards & not concerned about having one more. No doubt, many could benefit. In the past 3 years I've opened 27 new cards (and closing 17 of them prior to the AF, if any), unexpectedly purchased a rental unit so took out another mortgage, and my credit scores still average 810.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

I've switched from quarterly to every 4-5 months on this app cycle.
Did you close previous one before applying new one?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I've switched from quarterly to every 4-5 months on this app cycle.
Why the switch?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by MCIdave
Is anyone else using my strategy one business and one personal per time.

Slow and steady, no?

That's what I've been doing with instant approvals every time.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Spent $2400 on my AS card, but forgot that I didn't apply it through the link with the $100 statement credit. Oops!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:19 pm
rev

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Spent $2400 on my AS card, but forgot that I didn't apply it through the link with the $100 statement credit. Oops!
This just happened to me, but I realized my mistake now that my card is on it's way

Did you call and ask for the credit? Just curious to see how lenient they are to a simple 'i just forgot, now give me $100' request, because that's essentially what I'll be asking for soon too - but less blunt.......I suppose.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rev
This just happened to me, but I realized my mistake now that my card is on it's way

Did you call and ask for the credit? Just curious to see how lenient they are to a simple 'i just forgot, now give me $100' request, because that's essentially what I'll be asking for soon too - but less blunt.......I suppose.
I didn't call, couldn't be bothered. ^
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:13 am

I got a call from BOA fraud dept on a biz card I was instantly approved for. They wanted me to fax in my articles of organization. I told them if they go to my state govt website they can find everything they need dating back to 1997 by simply doing an entity search. After a bit back and forth I gave up and faxed the info they requested in. Is this a normal request?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MCIdave
I got a call from BOA fraud dept on a biz card I was instantly approved for. They wanted me to fax in my articles of organization. I told them if they go to my state govt website they can find everything they need dating back to 1997 by simply doing an entity search. After a bit back and forth I gave up and faxed the info they requested in. Is this a normal request?
What was your reported business type and business income? And is it a real business with a tax ID that is not your SSN?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
What was your reported business type and business income? And is it a real business with a tax ID that is not your SSN?
Yes real business with good revenue. I got instantly approved online (2nd biz card ~120 days later from the first). I signed up with my FEIN? I was just curious why they specifically wanted me to fax in information that was not only readily available via entity search but how much value did it really add.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.