Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
AFAIK, yes, you will get a double sign up bonus, and if the apps were done the same day, you will only end up with one HP.
Awesome! Any possibility on getting more cards in the near future or am I pretty much done? When would the earliest I could re-apply?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:47 pm

if youre trying to get the 100$ statement credit its a pita if you dont know which card it applies to. i tried spending on one card, and it turned out to be the other card that had the bonus tied. tried calling customer service, chat, and even went to a branch. all useless in helping me figure out which card it was.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by patpatpatme
if youre trying to get the 100$ statement credit its a pita if you dont know which card it applies to. i tried spending on one card, and it turned out to be the other card that had the bonus tied. tried calling customer service, chat, and even went to a branch. all useless in helping me figure out which card it was.
Sounds like old time BoA customer service. Some of the other big banks stepped up their game in customer service but BoA is lagging behind.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Same thing here too? Am I good to go as well?
Also those were my first ever apps with BofA AS Card so I had no prior history. I am tempted to start applying for more now that it was pretty easy. I do have about 5 other credit cards from the past year but how far can I push this to apply for the next 2 at a time? Should I wait 90 days to apply for 2 more personal on the same day or should I just be happy I got the 2 approved?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Also those were my first ever apps with BofA AS Card so I had no prior history. I am tempted to start applying for more now that it was pretty easy. I do have about 5 other credit cards from the past year but how far can I push this to apply for the next 2 at a time? Should I wait 90 days to apply for 2 more personal on the same day or should I just be happy I got the 2 approved?
I'd definitely wait for a while. It's not just B of A, Alaska itself has recently been closing accounts of people who do too much too fast. Apparently they aren't amused when people get 4 or 5 cards in a short time.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
I'd definitely wait for a while. It's not just B of A, Alaska itself has recently been closing accounts of people who do too much too fast. Apparently they aren't amused when people get 4 or 5 cards in a short time.
What do you mean closing accounts? Obviously after I get the bonus its no big deal but I guess that would prevent me from applying for future cards.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
What do you mean closing accounts? Obviously after I get the bonus its no big deal but I guess that would prevent me from applying for future cards.
There is a thread over on the AS forum about it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...brokering.html

They are closing the Mileage Plan accounts of people who acquire a lot of miles through channels other than flying, and then use them on high value redemption on partner airlines.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by aza72

They are closing the Mileage Plan accounts of people who acquire a lot of miles through channels other than flying, and then use them on high value redemption on partner airlines.
Interesting information. It looks like though this is geared to folks who buy tickets for others. I definitely plan on using it myself but that is interesting information. I think I will stay just be happy than with my 2 AS cards.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aza72

Interesting information. It looks like though this is geared to folks who buy tickets for others. I definitely plan on using it myself but that is interesting information. I think I will stay just be happy than with my 2 AS cards.
Quite possibly, but I figured it couldn't hurt to (for the first time ever) on my last Alaska flight to change my earning to Alaska at check-in (I used my AA LT Plat status to secure exit row seats right after booking), so that I'd have an Alaska flight posted to my Alaska account before my next upcoming Alaska credit card app.

(In the past, just because it was simple, I'd leave my AA number on my Alaska flights, and thus even though I flew Alaska a bunch of times before, I never earned Alaska miles on an Alaska flight before. So if Alaska had looked at my miles account only, and not done a search of my flights, up to now they might have thought I never fly Alaska planes, just earn on partners! )

However, it's multiple partners. In particular, I have lots of drips of Alaska miles from MileagePlan Dining in between my Alaska miles from BofA credit cards.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

I can't get approved for any more of these damn cards eventhough I just got approved for Prestige!!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:54 pm

Ok, so I called again and they're telling me that their system is showing both cards being approved with the same 17k limit even though the 2nd card isn't in my account yet and the application status still shows pending. So who knows what's going on now.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I can't get approved for any more of these damn cards eventhough I just got approved for Prestige!!
Could you please share the card history (e.g. when were they opened/closed, how many are active currently, etc.)? Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lw7878
Could you please share the card history (e.g. when were they opened/closed, how many are active currently, etc.)? Thanks.
0 active currently

I had 1 signature that I was approved in summer 2014, closed a few months later. Then I applied again in late 2014 but was only approved for the regular card, NOT signature. I immediately closed that card.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by TMM1982
0 active currently

I had 1 signature that I was approved in summer 2014, closed a few months later. Then I applied again in late 2014 but was only approved for the regular card, NOT signature. I immediately closed that card.
The number of cards you currently have open has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's irrelevant.

These days, Bank of America has taken a very hard line against churners (they used to not care). A few months back the bloggers were laughing about the 4 or 5 B of A cards they opened in a single day, and openly mocking them. They (B of A) appear to have noticed this (what? you mean what's posted on the internet isn't a secret?) and decided they were not going to be played for suckers anymore (gee, who could have imagined a bank would react that way?). Now, B of A looks at how many accounts you have applied for (in addition to other credit-worthiness factors). If that number of recent apps is over a certain threshold (that number, and how far back they look, is unknown at this point), they immediately consider you churner, and they flat-out deny you on the spot. Nothing else matters, they're done with you.

This is the new normal. Get used to it. Lot of that going around (see Chase, possibly Citi...).
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Its been over 3 years since I applied for my last BOFA card.

Did two today. 1 personal and 1 business. Personal got approved for 16k and Business is in pending status. Should I call it in? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.