Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
Thanks for sharing. Fantastic deal.
Too bad it is now only a coach companion fare.

Plus that is a pretty high minimum spend making it hard to add into a larger app run.

But still nice to see some diversity coming back to the bonus offers.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:26 pm

whoa!

Originally Posted by julp
Just received an offer for a 40k AS (25k + 15k after $7,500 in 6 months):

http://go.bofa.com/hawaii

Same benefits as the usual card offer.
$7,500 in 6 months is very high for me.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tinystarr
$7,500 in 6 months is very high for me.
Check the T&Cs and the card you receive, if you apply, carefully by the way. As several posts earlier in this thread confirm, it's possible Bank of America may issue you a lesser card (to get the full bonus, you need the Visa Signature and there are two other "consolation" prize cards that you might get instead). If you get a lesser card, you DO NOT qualify for the 15K extra offer that requires the $7500 spend. If you don't look carefully at the card you receive, you could earn as few as 4000 AS miles, even if you assume the $7500 spend in six months would get you an extra 15K miles.

In addition, the T&Cs seem pretty clear, this is for first-time customers only. So, if you apply for this offer and are relatively uncreditworthy, you could get doubly screwed. Shunted to a miserable rewards card and disqualified in the future if your credit is lousy now but might be better in a year or two when you'd easily qualify for a much higher spend bonus.

In other words, you could apply and receive as few as 4K AS miles while being shut out of future offers over 25K where this exclusion would apply. Not a good use of a credit pull. OK for me because I have a good credit history.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
In other words, you could apply and receive as few as 4K AS miles while being shut out of future offers over 25K where this exclusion would apply. Not a good use of a credit pull. OK for me because I have a good credit history.
Do we have any data points on what BofA's credit threshold is to get the premium Alaska card? I hear the number 740 being thrown around a lot for Chase, but not sure that applies for BofA too.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:45 am

Great find.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:16 am

So to put this another way, you get 25K miles on sign up, and then 2 miles per $ spent if you spend $7,500 within six months. Not terrible, but there can be higher earn rates than 2mi/$ for that $7,500 on some other products.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
So to put this another way, you get 25K miles on sign up, and then 2 miles per $ spent if you spend $7,500 within six months. Not terrible, but there can be higher earn rates than 2mi/$ for that $7,500 on some other products.
True, but you will keep getting miles on your regular spend, as well. Worst case of 1:1 scenario you will get another 7,500 miles which makes it 3 miles per $ or 47,500 miles total. That's quite decent.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:28 pm

Right-o. Thanks for catching my math mistake mnscout.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
i understand wording says only open to new customers, but any data points on anyone who has churned this card recently or churned it with this most recent offer? i just closed my alaska card account about a month ago.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by koctail
i understand wording says only open to new customers, but any data points on anyone who has churned this card recently or churned it with this most recent offer? i just closed my alaska card account about a month ago.
I also have the same question if anybody knows. thanks in advance
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by debwany24
I also have the same question if anybody knows. thanks in advance
AFAIK, BOA doesn't really care. U guys should be fine.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by julp
Just received an offer for a 40k AS (25k + 15k after $7,500 in 6 months):

http://go.bofa.com/hawaii

Same benefits as the usual card offer.
I applied and got instant approval (for the first time in a long time...).

Thanks OP!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
AFAIK, BOA doesn't really care. U guys should be fine.
Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and gave it a shot.

I got this card on 9/24/11. Today I applied for a second one ( did not close the 1st) was intially denied. called the recon # They asked why I need a 2nd card, simply told them I need to seperate expenses. got approved for a 2nd Visa Signature and confirmed the 25K bonus and 15K after 7,000$ spend
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by debwany24
Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and gave it a shot.

I got this card on 9/24/11. Today I applied for a second one ( did not close the 1st) was intially denied. called the recon # They asked why I need a 2nd card, simply told them I need to seperate expenses. got approved for a 2nd Visa Signature and confirmed the 25K bonus and 15K after 7,000$ spend
thnx for the data point. looks like the churn is still on with BofA despite their new first time customer wording.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
almost clicked the apply button, and then realized the fee is not waived for 1st year.. not a good deal in my book..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.