Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by opus2002
Thanks. Would it be safe to assume that AA award can be use only on the "saver" or whatever equivalent of the lowest award available at the partner?

Also, has anyone been able to use AA miles on Delta?
You can't use AA miles on Delta. You can use AS miles to book DL & AA though due to a partnership (not alliance).

In my experience searching for awards on the AS site, it works well. When you want AA flights, you either get saver, or it immediately jumps to double miles in first/biz class mixes. Very smooth and quick searching though.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:27 pm

Talking

Even better, use BA miles to book AS awards. Very cheap. Then if you can't get a return, use the AS miles.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:40 pm

I have my wife as an additional card on my AS signature. Do I call BoA and ask to have her removed before she applies? Thanks for the help. Travis
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SSeattleI5
Shoot, applied for pers (25k) and biz (20k) a couple months ago. I emailed and was denied the bump.

"We understand your concern regarding the promotion offer you viewed online; however, we need to inform you that we are not able to apply new promotions to existing cards. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause."
Did you apply for both cards simultaneously?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:17 am

What happens to tickets if cancel (and late reapply)?

Just got card less than 3 months ago, got the 25000 miles, used the 25000 miles and $99 companion ticket; initial $75 annual fee due in a few days. BofA said won't match 35000 mile offer, but if I cancel card before fee due it is waived. I'm inclined to do this and then reapply. But if I were to cancel, my major concern is what, if anything, would happen to the first class tickets I purchased with companion pass and the two award travel tickets booked with 25000 miles (travel is not until August)? I don't want to screw up those tickets, of course. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Has anyone here been successful in getting B of A to waive the annual fee which is associated w/their AS co-branded cc?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by tallenwa
I have my wife as an additional card on my AS signature. Do I call BoA and ask to have her removed before she applies? Thanks for the help. Travis
You don't need to do that because she is listed under that account as "authorized user" and not the primary cardholder.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sharonsimon
Just got card less than 3 months ago, got the 25000 miles, used the 25000 miles and $99 companion ticket; initial $75 annual fee due in a few days.
I've been churning this card for a couple of years, and my annual fee has always posted on my first statement.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
I've been churning this card for a couple of years, and my annual fee has always posted on my first statement.
I saw upthread that you churn every 90-120 days. What do you do with the current card? Do you just keep them all until their 1 year anniversary or do you close them before each new churn? Thx
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Thx for your reply, RetiredRoadWarrior. Then, I'm concluding that you've paid the annual fee each year, or have negotiated it to be waived in acceptance of extra miles added to your AS account in lieu. Is this right? (My experience with BOA is all over the board, depending on which rep I get whenever I call in. Usually, however, I find BOA to be pretty rigid regarding the annual fee.)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by infamousdx
I saw upthread that you churn every 90-120 days. What do you do with the current card? Do you just keep them all until their 1 year anniversary or do you close them before each new churn? Thx
My ideal churn would be to cancel at 90 days, reapply 30 days later. I'm still sitting on a hoard of AS miles from pre-retirement, so the miles themselves are nice bonus, but not critical to my churn schedule. The reason I've been churning is for the companion ticket. $99 ticket + $75 fee = $174 for RT F, which is usually a $1000+ ticket. In any given 12 mos period I can happily find a use for two or three companion tickets to Mexico and Hawaii.

Because I can't yet utilize another companion ticket, I haven't churned this year, but here's the last few (there were two or three before this, when I wasn't tracking with a spreadsheet.)

5/30/10: cancelled
7/6/10: instant approval
37 days

10/7/10: cancelled
12/28/10: instant approval
82 days

2/26/11: cancelled
6/3/11: instant approval
97 days

9/4/11: cancelled
10/14/11: approved via reconsideration (told them I goofed on cancellation, still got additional 25k)
40 days

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Then, I'm concluding that you've paid the annual fee each year, or have negotiated it to be waived in acceptance of extra miles added to your AS account in lieu.
Yes have paid all fees. In the last few years I've not had occasion to negotiate retention as I've not held a card that long.

Some FTers have said you can also get a second Alaska Sig, but not really any need for me to try that.

Caveat I: Seems many cc companies are tightening up churning. Since it's been 5 mos since my most recent churn, I suppose it's possible they have tightened things up. But my quess: no

Caveat II: I doubt this has anything to do with my BofA success, as probably all they do is pull credit. But I've had a 20+ year relationship with BofA . . . banking, saving, two mortgages. Could be that has helped me. Dunno.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Lotz
Chutzpah

Has anyone yet had the chutzpah to ask for a pro-rated refund of the annual fee for the old card when closing and churning?

Just closed my Hawaiian to make way for a AS next week but didn't have it in me.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
You get the miles upon approval don't you? so technically you get the points, THEN you get a bill for the Annual fee
what if you closed it right there? will they take the points back?

what if you've used the points already?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Thumbs up

My ideal churn would be to cancel at 90 days, reapply 30 days later. I'm still sitting on a hoard of AS miles from pre-retirement, so the miles themselves are nice bonus, but not critical to my churn schedule. The reason I've been churning is for the companion ticket. $99 ticket + $75 fee = $174 for RT F, which is usually a $1000+ ticket. In any given 12 mos period I can happily find a use for two or three companion tickets to Mexico and Hawaii.

Because I can't yet utilize another companion ticket, I haven't churned this year, but here's the last few (there were two or three before this, when I wasn't tracking with a spreadsheet.)

5/30/10: cancelled
7/6/10: instant approval
37 days

10/7/10: cancelled
12/28/10: instant approval
82 days

2/26/11: cancelled
6/3/11: instant approval
97 days

9/4/11: cancelled
10/14/11: approved via reconsideration (told them I goofed on cancellation, still got additional 25k)
40 days

Yes have paid all fees. In the last few years I've not had occasion to negotiate retention as I've not held a card that long.

Some FTers have said you can also get a second Alaska Sig, but not really any need for me to try that.

Caveat I: Seems many cc companies are tightening up churning. Since it's been 5 mos since my most recent churn, I suppose it's possible they have tightened things up. But my quess: no

Caveat II: I doubt this has anything to do with my BofA success, as probably all they do is pull credit. But I've had a 20+ year relationship with BofA . . . banking, saving, two mortgages. Could be that has helped me. Dunno.
Very informative post.

I wish I can make use of AS miles/flights. Being based in the east coast (PHL, EWR, JFK area), I don't see how I can use the $99 certificates.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opus2002
Very informative post.

I wish I can make use of AS miles/flights. Being based in the east coast (PHL, EWR, JFK area), I don't see how I can use the $99 certificates.
I'm in a similar situation w/ the $99 certs but the miles definitely have value. I'm saving up for Emirates redemptions when they become available in "late 2012."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.