Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help Me Pick a Biz Card

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver

Sorry for posting such a noob request I have lurked awhile and post every so often. There is a lot of info on here about personal cards but it's harder to find some comparisons for business cards. I am starting a business and am looking to get my first business credit/charge card. Any other business owners have card suggestions? Here are my main criteria:

1) Low (under $100) or no annual fee
2) Rewards (with preferably with a nice sign-up bonus). Balance will be paid in full every month so I am happy with a rewards card with a higher APR.
3) Low spending at first (< $500/mo) so cards requiring 5 figure spend in the first few months to qualify for a reward won't work.

I typically fly United and stay at SPG hotels, so cash rewards or points that transfer to United would be good Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and I am happy to use your referral link if you can get a bonus as well.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
SPG Biz Amex (but transfers to united are a terrible value. Good transfers to AA and US Airways). That's my go-to card. The SPG points are valuable to me- I easily hit 4 cpm in redemption, either straight nights, cash and points, or nights and flights. Plus the 2 stays/5 night credit helps me hit platinum.

Chase Ink or Sapphire Preferred may be good options, but I'm not too familiar with them. If you want lounge access, the united club card may be a good option (then again, US Airways may run a discounted membership promo again.. in which case, that's the way to go).
Old May 18, 2012, 11:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I am starting a business and am looking to get my first business credit/charge card.
You do not necessarily need a "business" card. Read this thread to understand some of the issues:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nal-cards.html

Business cards are very useful if more than one person will be using the account. You will have the ability to easily see spending by cardholder, perhaps to set different limits for specific individuals, and if one card is compromised it doesn't shutdown the entire account. However, if you will be the only person using the account you can do just as well with a separate personal card which you use exclusively for business.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond

With ink you can transfer 1:1 to UA and you get lounge club, purchase protection etc... Great card
Old May 18, 2012, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
With ink you can transfer 1:1 to UA and you get lounge club, purchase protection etc... Great card
Ink looks like a good choice for me. I like that it gives you a few free lounge visits and I don't think I'd use the lounges enough to justify the $395 fee for the UA card with unlimited visits.
Old May 18, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Ink looks like a good choice for me. I like that it gives you a few free lounge visits and I don't think I'd use the lounges enough to justify the $395 fee for the UA card with unlimited visits.
I recommend Ink bold. 25K points after 1st purchase. You have to spend 10K in 3 months to get additional 25K points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.