Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Club Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
MileagePlus Club Card

Sorry if this is old news, but I just spoke with a CS rep for my Platinum Class Visa and she told me that all legacy UA cardholders at some point will be converted over to the new MileagePlus Explorer Card. I asked her about the new soon to be released MileagePlus Club Card and she said that legacy cardholders like myself after April 3rd could have their accounts reviewed for upgrade to the new $395 month Club Card instead of having to go through the application process.

In addition, you can still earn EQM/PQM's for flights travel reservations purchased on UA.com. And with the discontinuation of the Premier Baggage Program, you get the United Club and 2 checked luggage items as part of the package.

I think I'm going to see about getting the Club Card when it gets rolled out April 3rd. I just wish the E+ program hadn't been dropped.

Eric
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:29 am
Suspended

I currently have the Continental Presidential Plus Card -- which I suppose is now the Mileage Plus Club Card.

I wish there was more information about what is going on.

Am I getting a newly designed card?
What changes will there be from the Presidential Plus Card?
Will I receive a new Red Carpet Club Card soon for entering lounges throughout the world?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

From what I've read, and my belief, is that the new MP Club Card will be replacing the CO Presidential Plus. The new Club Card will come with club access, free 1st and 2nd check baggage, but not sure about whether it'll be redesigned or not. I used to have the CO Pres Plus Card when they first came out in 2007, but I believe it'll be moving to the new all blue theme.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:15 pm
Suspended

I apologize. I have the BUSINESS Presidential Plus Card. Any change in card design?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cslovacek
I apologize. I have the BUSINESS Presidential Plus Card. Any change in card design?
From what I've seen it's going to look the same as the new card design shown on united.com. I was tempted to apply for the business version, but wanted to wait to see if there was a better sign up bonus with everything switching over.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
You can see the designs for all of the new United Chase cards in the link below:
http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by ekwang
Sorry if this is old news, but I just spoke with a CS rep for my Platinum Class Visa and she told me that all legacy UA cardholders at some point will be converted over to the new MileagePlus Explorer Card.
I suspect this is an overly broad statement that is not true. They're not going to convert all their (many different) legacy credit cards into Explorer cards.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

I'll rephrase it to this: She (the Chase agent) said that legacy United cards would be converted over to the Explorer card, however, no ETA on this legacy UA card conversion was available. Maybe she was wrong. Just stating what I was told regarding my legacy United Platinum Class Visa Signature Card.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:19 pm

Google Webcache

Found this nugget:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ekwang
Sorry if this is old news, but I just spoke with a CS rep for my Platinum Class Visa and she told me that all legacy UA cardholders at some point will be converted over to the new MileagePlus Explorer Card. I asked her about the new soon to be released MileagePlus Club Card and she said that legacy cardholders like myself after April 3rd could have their accounts reviewed for upgrade to the new $395 month Club Card instead of having to go through the application process.

In addition, you can still earn EQM/PQM's for flights travel reservations purchased on UA.com. And with the discontinuation of the Premier Baggage Program, you get the United Club and 2 checked luggage items as part of the package.

I think I'm going to see about getting the Club Card when it gets rolled out April 3rd. I just wish the E+ program hadn't been dropped.

Eric
This will be really bad news if I have to switch from my UA Select VISA to the new Explorer card. I presently get 3x miles for all UA purchases, no matter where I buy the tickets, and 2x for all other *A members. Since all business related tickets have to go through the corporate travel site, I would only get 1x miles for these purchases on the new Explorer card.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

just checked with a rep today, the timetable for making a change of legacy UA cards to the new Explorer card is TBD, as such, all current legacy cards will remain as they are, just not being offered anymore.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Can an admin close out this thread, please?

Thanks.

Eric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.