Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Success Freezing Experian with BOA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Success Freezing Experian with BOA?

I applied for a few BOA cards last week and was declined due to too many inquiries - not with BOA, just in general on the Experian report. I also got a bit of a lecture for the CSR. The second CSR was a bit more helpful and asked some questions but still, no dice.

My oldest cards are with BOA and I offered to move some credit but nope.

Has anyone had luck with freezing experian (which has by far the most inquiries of the 3 bureaus) and reapplying to BOA?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:28 pm

Not quite your case, but I froze EX and EQ before applying to the old Fidelity Visa card (serviced by FIA). I was initially rejected, but they called me up the next day about the application and I allowed the credit analyst to pull TU. That resulted in an approval.

Your case is a little different, as you just applied and were rejected. I'm not sure how that would affect the outcome. It might be worth waiting a month or so then trying to apply again with EX frozen.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:45 pm

just curious, how many was too many for them?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by missing_link
I was initially rejected, but they called me up the next day about the application and I allowed the credit analyst to pull TU.
How long ago was this? In the past, I've been able to tell them to pull different credit bureau, but this week, they stopped doing that I think (already HUCA a few times)

OP, of course, you should try next time.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Well, all I can say is that 17 was definitely too many and got me a little lecture.

I'll try when BoA comes back up in my queue, since these applications, some of my trip plans of changed so my card priorities have changed as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.