Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:31 am

I got my first 50K TY points recently and tried to book a flight. I found the Cash price listed on ThankYou.com was more expensive than the airlines' websites. For instance, I tried the 2/9-2/14 SAN-HNL non-stop, and the Hawaiian Airlines flights was listed around $378 comparing to the airline website's $340. Also the Alaska flights was more expensive than the airline website price too.
I think I will still go with the TY points since 33%-off is a big saving. But I am just wondering if the TY website always makes the prices higher than the airlines' websites?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by liaozhongchao
I got my first 50K TY points recently and tried to book a flight. I found the Cash price listed on ThankYou.com was more expensive than the airlines' websites. For instance, I tried the 2/9-2/14 SAN-HNL non-stop, and the Hawaiian Airlines flights was listed around $378 comparing to the airline website's $340. Also the Alaska flights was more expensive than the airline website price too.
I think I will still go with the TY points since 33%-off is a big saving. But I am just wondering if the TY website always makes the prices higher than the airlines' websites?
There are a couple threads related to these prices on here (and to the Companion tickets and discount tickets). I'd recommend taking a look through these threads, but the general gist is "yes, maybe, and you might be able to do something about it...sometimes."

these ones are more about the thankyoucompanion.com website for Citi cards, but you might find them useful for booking with points through thankyou.com as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...133-point.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...on-ticket.html
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:47 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by erikt311
There are a couple threads related to these prices on here (and to the Companion tickets and discount tickets). I'd recommend taking a look through these threads, but the general gist is "yes, maybe, and you might be able to do something about it...sometimes."

these ones are more about the thankyoucompanion.com website for Citi cards, but you might find them useful for booking with points through thankyou.com as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...133-point.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...on-ticket.html
Thank you!
Edit: I did learn a lot, especially those complaints about the price mark-up. It seems both Thankyou.com and Spirit Incentives won't fix the prices until you complaining.

Last edited by liaozhongchao; Oct 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Appears the link in post 603 is now dead.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:42 am

Dead link

Does anyone have a live link to the 50k offer?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Confirming that link in #603 is dead
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by FreeBird2k
Confirming that link in #603 is dead
this is what i see

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later."

pretty sad b/c i signed up for this in mid Sept and was going to tell another family member to sign up for it today
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Not sure why this says "Revived"... about a month ago, I looked back through most of this thread, trying the links that were posted, and also doing some hard searches for myself.

Didn't find any 50k offers that were still available.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Not sure why this says "Revived"... about a month ago, I looked back through most of this thread, trying the links that were posted, and also doing some hard searches for myself.

Didn't find any 50k offers that were still available.
The deal died some time ago, then it was "revived" and now it is dead again. OP or the mods have not updated the title.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.