FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1262549-citi-aa-now-40k-plus-other-offers-they-appeared-9-2011-5-2013-a.html)

haslipe Apr 13, 2012 1:14 am

Originally Posted by kelly001 (Post 18383248)
To do the two browser trick, do I need to apply for one card (say Personal Visa) from URL #1 offer and the second card (Personal AmEx) from URL #2 offer? Or can I apply for the Personal Visa and Personal AmEx in the same URL?

Same link should be fine. Pick the one you like best, and do one Visa and one Amex.

bmw303 Apr 13, 2012 5:16 am

Expired, No landing page, but still working

1. $150 statement credit for the first eligible AA purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership, 50k miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months, 2 AC passes

Links:

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
Visa (Business): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
This seems to be the best offer....Does this offer still work and are there any foreign transaction fees with this card? thanks

mileshound Apr 13, 2012 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Manila Flyer (Post 18382928)
This is a "saga" and it's "weird" that you didn't get two pieces of mail on the same day? This might be a wee bit overly dramatic.

Mayby a little dramatitic but still weird - also it was based on more than 1 mail delivery.

The Visa and the AMEX have been different at every step.
1) AMEX Instant approval, Visa needed online chat
2) Recevied welcome email for Visa, none for AMEX
3) Recevied snail mail welcome for Visa, none for AMEX

It is as if the AMEX doesn't exist. That said, it has only been a week but leading indicators make me feel uncomforatbe.

jimmy1 Apr 13, 2012 5:48 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 18385149)
This seems to be the best offer....Does this offer still work and are there any foreign transaction fees with this card? thanks

they all work and the offers are mind blowing but it has FT fee.

sdsearch Apr 13, 2012 10:12 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 18385149)
are there any foreign transaction fees with this card?

There is the standard 3% forex fee for all Citi AA cards, except for the one with the $400ish annual fee I think. But unless you do over $13k a year in foreign transcations, it's not likely to be worth the very high annual fee on that one for that feature alone.

Since your profile shows you stay at Hyatts, I would recommend you get the Chase Hyatt card that has 0% forex and use that for foreign transactions.

Happy Apr 13, 2012 10:36 am

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 18385231)
Mayby a little dramatitic but still weird - also it was based on more than 1 mail delivery.

The Visa and the AMEX have been different at every step.
1) AMEX Instant approval, Visa needed online chat
2) Recevied welcome email for Visa, none for AMEX
3) Recevied snail mail welcome for Visa, none for AMEX

It is as if the AMEX doesn't exist. That said, it has only been a week but leading indicators make me feel uncomforatbe.

You are too nervous.

The Visa and AMEX never has the same rhythm so to speak. They dont even have same retention offer for the same cardholder.

AMEX by banks other than AMEX itself, are operated differently than the Visa or Mastercharge due to their original history (how these products were established.)

Stoughton Apr 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18385256)
they all work and the offers are mind blowing but it has FT fee.

They are? It's 50k - nice but hardly mind blowing.

vmsea Apr 13, 2012 2:01 pm

New to Citi cards, and new to AA..

I thought there was a 75K per card bonus last year.. is that likely to occur again? or was that a glitch that's probably never repeated?
(note I'm not asking if 75K will regularly come back again, but since i'm new to AA stuff, i'm asking if the 75K was a glitch / once in a life time type thing)

Also, by getting the 100K points. .does that make you Executive Platinum for the year?

Thanks!

geclub1 Apr 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by vmsea (Post 18388118)
New to Citi cards, and new to AA..

I thought there was a 75K per card bonus last year.. is that likely to occur again? or was that a glitch that's probably never repeated?
(note I'm not asking if 75K will regularly come back again, but since i'm new to AA stuff, i'm asking if the 75K was a glitch / once in a life time type thing)

Thanks!

Last year, both 75K and 100K were available.

allanfan Apr 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Also, by getting the 100K points. .does that make you Executive Platinum for the year?

Thanks!

That'll be so sweet!

vmsea Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 18388168)
Last year, both 75K and 100K were available.

True. but were these ever seen before? come up regularly?
or like HOlY @%#! grandma type thing?

MDtR-Chicago Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

It was a legitimate offer that stayed "alive" months after it expired. Prior to that, there was a similar 100k offer.

No. You'll probably want to read up on the AA program before you apply and end up with a pile of miles you can't effectively use.

kmandrew Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan (Post 18388230)
That'll be so sweet!

AA Executive Plat is reached by flying not charging. The $450 card does give you 10k EQM's after charging $40,000 but that still would not get you near Exec Plat.

vmsea Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Alrighty. I guess it's better to just wait after the April 30th expiration of the current 50K deals and see if 75/100K strikes again..

jimmy1 Apr 13, 2012 3:46 pm

this looks better with 150 credit and club passes and more