Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Long Islander
So, if you apply for a business card as a sole proprietor, do they in all cases ask for a business bank account statement, or are there other statements you can send instead?
Citi has a list of acceptable documents. If I remember correctly, business license is on the list.

No, not all applications result in this "address verification."
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bernyx
anybody who got denied had any luck using the "reconsideration phone #'s"
listed on the churning guidelines thread?
Yes. Look thru the old thread; lots of examples.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz Five Star, Avis First, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Yes. Look thru the old thread; lots of examples.
Could you tell me what the title of this churning thread is? I was searching for it but not sure the exact thread you are referring to.

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Mitcher4
Could you tell me what the title of this churning thread is? I was searching for it but not sure the exact thread you are referring to.

Thanks
Take a look at the first post.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregillinois
Also never been in an AA lounge- we are doing a Delta trip next Dec with a 5 hour layover in ATL; can we use an AA pass if not on AAticket? Thanks (I read on the Delta blog site that Delta lounges are cheap and crowded)
If you are referring the AA lounge pases that you get with some of the Citi AA credit card offers, then I don't think so, because the T&Cs on the back the ones they already sent me (so far for just one of the two cards I applied for over two months ago) say (among other things):
Pass holder must [...] hold a same-day ticket for travel on American Airlines...
However, that's in a long sentence talking in part about getting through security, so I'm not absolutely sure if it's a requirement for accessing the lounge, if AA's lounge happens to be in a terminal that your Delta boarding pass lets you into.

AA's only lounge at ATL is in councourse T. Do you know if even either your arrival flight comes into concourse T or your departure flight leaves form there? (Delta has lounges in councourse T, so it's obvious some Delta flights are tehre.)

The AA lounge directory says it's past concourse T security, which tells me councourse T has its own separate security, and you presumably need a boarding pass for a flight from concourse T, or to have stepped off of a flight which landed at concourse T, to be able to even walk up to a lounge in concourse T.

So I suggest you first figure out if your flights are likely to give you concourse T access (by finding out -- perhaps in the Delta forum, perhaps by checking flight gate information for the same flights this month -- if the particular flights you'll be taking typically use concourse T or not). If you'll have no acccess to concourse T based on your flights, it's irrelevant what the AA lounge policies are.

Then, if you want to know the nuts and bolts of how easy it is to access an AA lounge when you don't have an AA boarding pass with one of these AA lounge day passes, I think you need to go to the AA forum, find the thread on lounge access, see if your quesiton has already been asked, and if not, ask it there. It's a very specialized question, which I'm not sure anyone reading this trhead about a credit card offer is going to be able to answer definitively.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The AA lounge directory says it's past concourse T security, which tells me councourse T has its own separate security, and you presumably need a boarding pass for a flight from concourse T, or to have stepped off of a flight which landed at concourse T, to be able to even walk up to a lounge in concourse T.
Don't know about anything else in your post, but every gate at ATL is accessible from every checkpoint.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 am

Does anybody know when this promo ends? I hope they'll bring back a 75k or more promo with a low spend
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:59 am

There seems to be conflicting reports as to how much you have to spend to get the 150 dollar credit. Has that been resolved?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
$100 off - how does it work?

I was just wondering how the $100 off works? I just made a purchase on aa.com with the new credit card...when does the $100 credit show up, and how does it work exactly? The airline ticket already shows up on my statement but the credit does not.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by eriquita0115
I was just wondering how the $100 off works? I just made a purchase on aa.com with the new credit card...when does the $100 credit show up, and how does it work exactly? The airline ticket already shows up on my statement but the credit does not.
It showed up in my statement, in which the spending happened.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by allanfan
It showed up in my statement, in which the spending happened.
Well, just called up and spoke with a rep named Angelina; she claims it'll show up in the next statement...hmmm. Anyone else have experience with this?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
The two-browser trick is unnecessary.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, to be clear, while it may not make a difference to the success or failure of one application per person, I would doubt that it's possible to do two personal apps (one Visa, one Amex) over the phone successfully, given that online you have to use a special two-browser-types near-simultaneous-submit trick to be likely to get both approved.
In my case, and my wife two months back, I just submitted the CITI AA Amex and VISA applications online in succession (one after the other has been completed). Both instantly approved. I also called immediately yesterday to confirm the terms of the promotion for both cards, explicitly explaining that I applied and were approved for two cards. So, if there was money on it, I would bet that two applications on the phone would be just as successful as long as they they are done on the same day although, I personally would go the online route.

Last edited by susmaryosep; Jan 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm Reason: grammatical
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:59 am

I applied for both cards in 2010, i was approved for just amex.
Cancelled my amex a few months ago.

I reapplied last week for both cards, it's been over 19 months since my last application.

This time, I was approved for the visa and not the amex. (reason: NOT a first time card holder)

HTH someone!

eta: what is everyone buying from AA to get $100 statement credit?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by dianeshops
eta: what is everyone buying from AA to get $100 statement credit?
$100 gift card.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:05 pm

I tried to apply for a new business card (it's been several months since the last application). I got "Too many recent credit inquiries were recorded on your
credit report."

Anything I can do about this? If not, how long do I need to wait?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.