Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Exclamation 2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for FREE

I did search and found nothing regarding this little hidden gem on Chase's Ultimate Rewards shopping mall.

2,500 UR points just for creating a new account on stamps.com. It is usually a paid service but there is a free 4 week trial and canceling is very easy.

I wrote about it in further detail on my blog. Hope this helps some people!

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/05/free-2500ur/

UPDATE

How to cancel the account:

http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/10/cxl-stamps/

Last edited by infamousdx; Sep 10, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
seems to work !
Beautiful instructions, thanks !
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:16 am

Awesome!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:37 am

thanks for the find. very easy except i didn't know how to print the $5 postage stamps, it asked for the net serial number..doesn't matter, just wanted my 2500 miles
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:17 am

Great find! done in 2mins.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:38 am

Seemed to work fine for me and ms. upgrader. Easiest 5K I can imagine. Thanks, infamous!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by metoo
thanks for the find. very easy except i didn't know how to print the $5 postage stamps, it asked for the net serial number..doesn't matter, just wanted my 2500 miles
Oh you'll get that serial number in your welcome package
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:12 am

Thanks...also made a note on my calendar to call in to cancel the last week of September.

Last edited by metoo; Sep 5, 2011 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Thank You!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
.....2,500 UR points just for creating a new account on stamps.com.......
http://infamousdx.com/2011/09/05/free-2500ur/
infamousdx:

Thanks for posting this!

"...Once you get your points credited (they should appear on your next statement), you can simply call 1-888-434-0055 to close your account (link here). If you don’t want to continue using the service, make sure you cancel your membership before month #2 because you will surely be charged $15.99. Don’t forget to use the $5 free postage you got at sign-up first! You might as well.

There you have it, 2,500 UR points for a few minutes of setup and a phone call to cancel… doesn’t get much better than that! Please enjoy and spread this deal around! ....."

When I have to cancel the membership I will be out of the country. Can I cancel by mail/email? Thanks again!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:51 am

Just checked my credit card. They charged my Chase cart:

"9/5/2011 Pending STAMPS.COM $1.00"

Why is this?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Thanks so much for this! Will gladly take the points!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:21 pm
DH

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Just checked my credit card. They charged my Chase cart:

"9/5/2011 Pending STAMPS.COM $1.00"

Why is this?
Likely the temp verification charge which will drop in a few days.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I hope this works...because the top part talks about making a "purchase and paying with card" to earn the points.

I have been using the shopping mall and I didn't get credit from a few merchants. Talk about a NIGHTMARE trying to get credit from those orders. I was transferred all over the place at Chase. Chase at first told me they did not handle this...that is was a 3rd party in charge of giving the points (Cartera). But as I explained to them there was no way to CONTACT anyone but Chase to get this resolved. There were no online forms..just the Chase customer service number.

They had to do research and call me back in about an hour. The way they resolved it was to look to see if I had "charges" from the merchants in question...which I did. They had no way to figure out how I clicked through. So they just gave them to me as a manual credit.

I say this because if this doesn't come through automatically...then there will be no charge on our cards to match it with. So keep detailed notes...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
I hope this works...because the top part talks about making a "purchase and paying with card" to earn the points.

I have been using the shopping mall and I didn't get credit from a few merchants. Talk about a NIGHTMARE trying to get credit from those orders. I was transferred all over the place at Chase. Chase at first told me they did not handle this...that is was a 3rd party in charge of giving the points (Cartera). But as I explained to them there was no way to CONTACT anyone but Chase to get this resolved. There were no online forms..just the Chase customer service number.

They had to do research and call me back in about an hour. The way they resolved it was to look to see if I had "charges" from the merchants in question...which I did. They had no way to figure out how I clicked through. So they just gave them to me as a manual credit.

I say this because if this doesn't come through automatically...then there will be no charge on our cards to match it with. So keep detailed notes...
Hmmm, that is what I am afraid of before jumping in this offer.

So it is the customer service number at the back of the card the only number available to call?

Does UR Mall specify how long one needs to wait before contacting Chase for missing points?

I have a Lands End, and 2 Sears charges on my Sapphire card and the statement closes tomorrow.

Both merchants featured with bonus point earnings - Land's End at 4x and Sears at 3x I believe.

I really dont like shopping portal promos because 90% of the time they dont work as described!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.