Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

2 Capital One cashback cards: Business 2%, Personal 1.5% [Card names change]

Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by steves
I too am replacing my Schwab card - I am so sad this card is ending. I decided Cap One was the way to go and applied yesterday on line.....my concerns.....

No acknowledgement of my application - I had to call today to find out if I really applied. I should state that my credit is such that I usually get a card with too much credit limit for my needs and have no debt.

I also wish to autopay as I pay in full each month - I could not get an answer to this question when I called - I also had noted the website AutoPay comment.

I check my account weekly to make sure everything is alright - I think posting pending charges is very important - I will need to drop the card if that isn't available.

I was amazed in the last day that with all the commercials on TV that the level of info and service was as little as it was. I almost felt as if the company was looking for people to apply - but willing to let those concerned with all these little details get frustrated and opt out. Maybe they just want those that carry a balance as customers and this is a sneaky way to weed out those of us who use the card for convenience instead of floating a loan?
I've been using this card for a couple of weeks now and really like it. They credit the cash back immediately and you can cash it in whenever you want, no waiting for any thresholds if you dont want to. They also give the $100. bonus as soon as you've spent $500. You don't even have had to make a payment yet to get the cash back, unlike other cards.

There is no pending transactions feature on their website however.

Last edited by Mediahound; Oct 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Just want to see how the success has been with applying for this card for regular card churners. Anyone have any data points? Asking because I know Capital One pulls all 3 credit bureaus. I have a lot of inquiries on my account and wouldn't want to get turned down after a pull on all 3!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:12 pm
bbd

I got turned down for the card. I have 800 credit score. But a lot of open credit, and that is why they declined me. I pay off all my cards on time. But it seems with the current state of the credit market they don't want to take risks.

Also I have a captial one card the Sony rewards one that just got moved from chase to capt one. So that might of also affected me getting approved for this.

Too bad for them decling me, as use a lot of credit cards for my business.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steves
I check my account weekly to make sure everything is alright - I think posting pending charges is very important - I will need to drop the card if that isn't available.

I was amazed in the last day that with all the commercials on TV that the level of info and service was as little as it was. I almost felt as if the company was looking for people to apply - but willing to let those concerned with all these little details get frustrated and opt out. Maybe they just want those that carry a balance as customers and this is a sneaky way to weed out those of us who use the card for convenience instead of floating a loan?
Two things you will not like the C1 cards:

1) No pending transactions feature. (Citi also does not have such function but BofA and Chase do). I find this very annoying especially when we are on a trip I want to be able to see pending transactions especially if we are in high-risk countries where stealing credit card info is very prevailing problem.

2) No payment history for viewing. This is a pet peeve to me. ALL other cards I have - Citi, Chase, BofA, AMEX - all have payment history for viewing but not C1. To me this is a major shortcoming.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:05 pm

Capital One Cash - inital set up a pain in the #$$ - suggestions?

So we get the card (since we are cancelling the old Schwab 2% card soon). We tell them husband travels for a living - pilot. I charge here in the US while he charges one day in Paris, next in Dubai etc etc. The CSR wants us to list countries and dates for all trip. are u kidding!!!! The schedule changes monthly and sometimes changes mid trip, and he has no phone service over there only internet. And the dates are in zulu time. Do they not have an extended travel mode like Citi or FIA/Schwab that "tones down" the constant fraud alert because of these kinds of charges which are typical for his profession? What do card companies do for you folks that travel abroad a lot? His corporate card (which cannot be used for restaurants and personal use) has no problem and never gets declined.

I also started setting up reoccurring bills. First did AT&T, then tried to do others. They immediately blocked the card and called us since AT&T pinged them for $1. I told them what I was doing (not exactly unusual for setting up a new card, right?) and they said they opened it back up but they didnt and I had to call AGAIN...hope this is not indicative of the service I will get.

Sure the forex fee is 0% - maybe because they will constantly decline everything and we will never be able to charge anything. Anyone got any advice?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Check the threads here on CapOne and you'll see that their reputation for customer service is legendary-- and not in a good way. But they have the best rewards program for former Schwab CC users so I'm back with them too.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Second the "thrilling" customer service from C1. In your case they were obviously a little too concerned to a point that it became ridiculous.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: American express green, Capitol 1 Visa and Discover
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
http://www.capitalone.com/smallbusin...-cash-premier/

Stumbled on this last night;

2% cash on anything, no FX, $59 fee (free first year).

Beats Venture, beats Plum, beats anything I've seen. Am I missing anything?

I'm concerned because I haven't heard anything about it anywhere online - people are always pushing the Venture or Plum or something? Want to take the plunge but worried I'm missing something?
your joking correct ? the cash back card is like a Discover more or American express blue cash card, while the Capital1 venture is a card that business travlers and vice presidents use. 1.25 miles per dollar spent.
what I'm trying to say is the cash card doesn't have a concierge, it's not the card the venture 1 is. Please it doesn't beat the Venture.

it's a card meant for shopping.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:51 am

Capital 1 Spark Business Card 2% on Everything

I noticed an ad in the WSJ today for the Capital 1 Spark business card. It offers 2% cash back on everything, no limit. $59 annual fee.

What does everybody think of this? It's pretty impressive in my opinion. It's getting more and more difficult to earn more than 2% on membership rewards redemptions unless you do airline transfers where there is a bonus offer.

I doubt it has some of the other benefits of AMEX Gold/Platinum cards, but then the annual fee is also much less.

I might get this card for my non-AMEX accepted purchases - it seems like a great offering (for once) from Capital 1. ^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:08 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Appears to be nothing other than a new name for the same card discussed in the first post of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ash-1-5-a.html
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:19 am

Looks like you're right. Seems as though they re-branded the entire business product line.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:22 am

CapitalOne Spark

I'm thinking about applying for the 2% spark. Will Capital Ona give a good Credit line?

Right now I have for business
Chase ink 15k
Amex Plat 20k high
Amex Plum 39k high
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
I just applied for it and got approved. Giving Cap one another chance. Keep in mind their no hassle rewards are horrible!! Make sure you get the CASH card with Cap one otherwise you better goto Citi or Chase if you want points programs.

FYI - I plan on using the Sparks business card 2% until the annual fee kicks in then going to the 1% plus 50% bonus card which has no annual fee.

Last edited by Vip4me; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:09 pm Reason: fyi
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Spark Business Cards

Just like Chase Ink, C1 Spark is a suite of cards other than one.

* Spark Classic: 1% cash back with no annual fee.
* Spark Select: 1 mile per dollar spent with no annual fee.
* Spark Cash Select: 1.5% cash back with no annual fee.
* Spark Miles Select: 1.5 miles per dollar spent with no annual fee.
* Spark Cash: 2% cash back with a $59 annual fee.
* Spark Miles: 2 miles per dollar spent with a $59 annual fee.

I think no matter how easy to use the No Hassle Miles are, cash back versions are better. The only thing I can think of the choose Miles versions is that if you already have a personal Venture so that you can pool miles together for redemption but still nothing exciting about the redemption.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-ca; SGH-I896 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by leonard016
Just like Chase Ink, C1 Spark is a suite of cards other than one.

* Spark Classic: 1% cash back with no annual fee.
* Spark Select: 1 mile per dollar spent with no annual fee.
* Spark Cash Select: 1.5% cash back with no annual fee.
* Spark Miles Select: 1.5 miles per dollar spent with no annual fee.
* Spark Cash: 2% cash back with a $59 annual fee.
* Spark Miles: 2 miles per dollar spent with a $59 annual fee.

I think no matter how easy to use the No Hassle Miles are, cash back versions are better. The only thing I can think of the choose Miles versions is that if you already have a personal Venture so that you can pool miles together for redemption but still nothing exciting about the redemption.
You can move the cash into a Miles account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.