Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by zbeebo
Couple of questions.

1. a few people have referred to the 2 browser trick to apply for cards, but what is the other card that people are applying for at the same time ?

2. you still can get the bonus of you have Citi AA cards correct ?
You apply for two of the same card, use the same application link in two different browsers (e.g. Chrome, FireFox, Safari, IE, etc.). Before you ask why Citi would allow you to do this, try it, really.

If the application page loads and you apply and are accepted, you will get the bonus if you make the spend. Citi does not restrict bonuses based on other cards you have or having previously had the card the way Chase and AmEx do.

AA personal cards are the only ones that restrict approval if you have had an AA personal card approved in the previous 18-24-ish months.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
You're really just encouraging people like this to not bother reading a single post in the thread by answering these questions...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by elBulli
You're really just encouraging people like this to not bother reading a single post in the thread by answering these questions...
Really? You think the people who don't read the thread just happen to notice my post(s) and it encourages them to ask their questions? I doubt that is the way things work.

I get it, everyone thinks it is a stupid question, but this stuff is not simple to people who have not spent a long time figuring it out. Let's take a look . . .

Question 1, which two cards do you apply for?

Well, up until last week, I was pretty sure that you could not apply for two AA Visa cards on purpose and get them. You need to apply for a Visa and an AmEx. Well, now we know that is not true. Plenty of people in this thread were convinced that you could not get two 50K cards and instead applied for a 40K and a 50K. Applying for two identical cards at the same time goes against what most normal people expect. If the advice for two years in the Citi AA thread has been to apply for two different cards there why would you be able to apply for two of the same Citi HHonors card? So it is confusing.

There is no summary post at the start of this thread that goes over all of this like there is in the Citi AA thread. Reading the first few pages of this thread is of no use because people had not figured out that you could get 2 50K cards yet. Trying to search for the answer is unlikely to turn up the answers. So that leaves asking.

Ike
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Approved for this card, but Citi pulled hard inquiries on both EQ and EX for one application...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator reminder

Please write about miles and points, not about each other. In particular, do not criticize other members for answering questions. Flyertalk is not a secret society.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Please write about miles and points, not about each other. In particular, do not criticize other members for answering questions. Flyertalk is not a secret society.
Wait, then why the heck did I have to learn all those silly handshakes?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Really? You think the people who don't read the thread just happen to notice my post(s) and it encourages them to ask their questions? I doubt that is the way things work.

I get it, everyone thinks it is a stupid question, but this stuff is not simple to people who have not spent a long time figuring it out. Let's take a look . . .

Question 1, which two cards do you apply for?

Well, up until last week, I was pretty sure that you could not apply for two AA Visa cards on purpose and get them. You need to apply for a Visa and an AmEx. Well, now we know that is not true. Plenty of people in this thread were convinced that you could not get two 50K cards and instead applied for a 40K and a 50K. Applying for two identical cards at the same time goes against what most normal people expect. If the advice for two years in the Citi AA thread has been to apply for two different cards there why would you be able to apply for two of the same Citi HHonors card? So it is confusing.

There is no summary post at the start of this thread that goes over all of this like there is in the Citi AA thread. Reading the first few pages of this thread is of no use because people had not figured out that you could get 2 50K cards yet. Trying to search for the answer is unlikely to turn up the answers. So that leaves asking.

Ike
I just wanted to thank you for pointing that out. I did in fact read these posts and threads thoroughly in order to get the answer to my questions before I posted and i could not find a conclusive answer. I have been an avid reader of flyertalk for over 12 months and just decided to post questions because i was not sure of the answer.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Wait, then why the heck did I have to learn all those silly handshakes?
They may be useful if you wander into a strange part of town and meet up with some tough customers. One of them could be an FTer.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
They may be useful if you wander into a strange part of town and meet up with some tough customers. One of them could be an FTer.
This whole town is strange
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Where is the link for the 50k citi HH? all I can find is the 40k Citi HH
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Where is the link for the 50k citi HH? all I can find is the 40k Citi HH
In post 468, which is on page 32 if you're set to (the default of) 15 posts per page (but you'll have to figure out the page number on your own if you're set to a different number of posts per page).
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In post 468, which is on page 32 if you're set to (the default of) 15 posts per page (but you'll have to figure out the page number on your own if you're set to a different number of posts per page).
What does the offer in post #1 get you?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:35 am

double post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:37 am

the Amex HHonors Surpass card has changed the bonus points you get using their card staying at Hiltons beginning Nov. 1st. see here

Hilton stays: was 9 points, now 12 points per dollar

Still only 1st year as Gold Card member. But with $20K spend you can stay a Gold Card member.

Not sure I'm going to stay with Amex though if I don't make Gold next year... I do like the benefits. May switch to this Citi card (and get the points too).
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 am

it's great that Surpass is giving 12 points per $1 at Hilton now, but why not keep on churning these cards anyway, extra 106,000 HH points every time, a few times a year, it's a nice way to generate some HH points... take it while they give it to you.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.