Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:48 am
Suspended

Just applied for couple of these cards and approved for both (using the links in post 468). Now waiting to get the cards and the confirmation of 50K hh points after $1500 spend in six months.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:23 pm

Applied for 2 last week. Approved for both. CSRs confirmed 50k on both.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:43 pm

The "Welcome to Citi cards" emails I received today did not mention anything about 50k, like it did back in July. However, I called on both cards and confirmed the 50k after $1,500 in the first 6 months. I used my own links from post 468.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I received a 40K offer for Citi AA Mastercard.

Could I do a 3 browser trick if I wanted to get all 3?

Besides the extra 10K is there any reason to get the Mastercard instead of the Visa? Back in '06 I remember AA giving double miles for holiday spending through their shopping mall when using a Mastercard. Does that happen every year?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by gardengirl

Besides the extra 10K is there any reason to get the Mastercard instead of the Visa? Back in '06 I remember AA giving double miles for holiday spending through their shopping mall when using a Mastercard. Does that happen every year?
2 apps of ANY kind every 60(ish) days.

If you are going to apply for AA personal cards, you should do two at once and use the ones with the highest available bonus. If you have successfully applied for an AA Personal card in the past 18 months, chances are good that you will be declined as not a first-time customer, even if they solicited you for the card.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond

So, let's see where this went off the rails. You've posted a question about a Citi AA card in a thread about the Citi Hilton cards. Citi AA thread here.

You've then asked about a "3 browser trick." While you're at it, why don't you just make it an 18 browser trick? Someone around for a lot less time than you did research that answers that question and makes it clear that there's a reason why folks who pop up here asking about 3 browser tricks are generally newbies--but not somebody who's been here since 2001: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html.

And then, you ask about some promotion that occurred back in 2006 for Mastercards while asking why you should take a card that currently offers 10K more. Hey, Rip Van Winkle, it's 2012! While you were asleep you missed 75K offers!

And seriously people who pound the bloggers, why do you think some of us go to the blogs rather than wade through threads like this?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
And seriously people who pound the bloggers, why do you think some of us go to the blogs rather than wade through threads like this?
So you can apply through their links to get 30k AA bonus miles like some of them advertise. Why else?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in '06 I remember AA giving double miles for holiday spending through their shopping mall when using a Mastercard. Does that happen every year?
Ancient history! That was back in the days when you could get 12 Citi AA cads a year, and earn the bonus on each one!

No, that specific bonus doesn't happen every year. What does happen is that they may target you for one bonus or another. I got targeted on my Visa (not my MC, not my Amex) for 3x spending on restaurants among other things in the fall, and now am targeted on my Visa (not my MC, no longer have the Amex) for 3x spending on electronics, toys, etc through the end of the year.

(Having said that, my MC is several years old, while my Visa is less than a year old. So is this the card they targeted because it's a Visa, or is this the card that they targted because it's newer? Who knows?)

Having said that, since these periodic bonus offers on particular spend are targeted, I cannot guarantee that if you get your own Visa you will get them.

The only other reason to possibly get one card vs another is if you don't already have a card that gives

Besides the extra 10K is there any reason to get the Mastercard instead of the Visa?
Actually (if you're going to keep it a while, rather than just get the bonus and cancel), there a reason to get the Visa over the MC (if you don't live in NY state):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-excluded.html

But you're in the wrong thread! This is the thread about the Citi Hilton HHonors card, not about Citi AA cards. The Citi AA cards thread is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ancient history! That was back in the days when you could get 12 Citi AA cads a year, and earn the bonus on each one!

yah and Citi is still making me pay for having done that so much in those days!

I was once told: "You have your last Citi card for a while now sir. You have too many inquiries and had too many cards. Stay with the one you've got." Other than the citi Business visa, I aint tried for a new Citi in a few years now, and never had success (with these HH cards) since. My wife got both HH cards tho and I have spoken on them here before.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
yah and Citi is still making me pay for having done that so much in those days!

I was once told: "You have your last Citi card for a while now sir. You have too many inquiries and had too many cards. Stay with the one you've got." Other than the citi Business visa, I aint tried for a new Citi in a few years now, and never had success (with these HH cards) since. My wife got both HH cards tho and I have spoken on them here before.
So i'm a little confused.

The HH cards are churnable .. but the AA cards require 18-24 months between app approval?!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
So i'm a little confused.

The HH cards are churnable .. but the AA cards require 18-24 months between app approval?!
Yes
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Couple of questions.

1. a few people have referred to the 2 browser trick to apply for cards, but what is the other card that people are applying for at the same time ?

2. you still can get the bonus of you have Citi AA cards correct ?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by zbeebo
Couple of questions.

1. a few people have referred to the 2 browser trick to apply for cards, but what is the other card that people are applying for at the same time ?
That's just precious!

Welcome to Flyertalk!!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zbeebo
Couple of questions.

2. you still can get the bonus of you have Citi AA cards correct ?
I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Hahahahahahaha. Did you run out of spoons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.