Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by metoo
You didn't miss anything. I saw the same as you but I called 1-877-721-9405 for application status and confirmed that it is 20k bonus miles for first spending and 25k extra miles for $2500 spend in 90 days. I also entered an additional card user on the application form and CSR told me that the ONE card user will give me 5k points.

I got the email offer showiing my mileage account number plus how many miles
I had in original account ( Over 50 K ). Don't understand is BOA encouraging me
To churn or open a second card while I just got the first 5 months ago !

I am totally confused. If that's correct will this cause a hard pull on a solicited
email application ?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:22 pm
xp0

Time to start getting cards I dont have yet. This will be good for the HH transfer
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I got the email offer showiing my mileage account number plus how many miles
I had in original account ( Over 50 K ). Don't understand is BOA encouraging me
To churn or open a second card while I just got the first 5 months ago !

I am totally confused. If that's correct will this cause a hard pull on a solicited
email application ?
Any credit card application whether solicited or not, would result a hard pull.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:59 pm

I am in need of HHonors points soon to make a booking. How long after my lst purchase should I receive the 20k points for Virgin Atlantic?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by metoo
I am in need of HHonors points soon to make a booking. How long after my lst purchase should I receive the 20k points for Virgin Atlantic?
As soon as your first statement is issued. Another question, does anyone know - can you receive the anniversary bonus and then close the card to avoid paying the annual fee?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:22 am

[Revived] VS Amex with 65000* mile bonus

There is no one competent with virgin Atlantic or bank of America. I have called like 3 times. No one knows anything. Get different answer every time I call. Not sure if I'm on the 25,000 bonus or 50,000. So frustrating!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I got mine last night, with a $10K CL. I probably would have held off getting another CC, except that Citi TY would not increase my CL past $6K, which doesn't cut it.

110K HH, here I come.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
Applied for this, was instantly approved. In the docs which came with the card, it just showed 20k bonus on first purchase + 5k bonus on adding 2 auth users + 15k on anniversary on spending 25k in the year. Now that's not what I signed up for, so I called up. Awesome call center lady spoke for about 20 mins about the bennies but no mention of 25k bonus after 2.5k spend. On prodding further, she said it might be a special offer but we don't have it in the system. She further said keep the offer screenshot with u and contact us back when u reach 2.5k spending and we'll see it then.
Do you folks suggest calling again and ensuring it is notated in my account? Any other suggestions to ensure I get all 50k miles? TIA!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by vinay2543
Applied for this, was instantly approved. In the docs which came with the card, it just showed 20k bonus on first purchase + 5k bonus on adding 2 auth users + 15k on anniversary on spending 25k in the year. Now that's not what I signed up for, so I called up. Awesome call center lady spoke for about 20 mins about the bennies but no mention of 25k bonus after 2.5k spend. On prodding further, she said it might be a special offer but we don't have it in the system. She further said keep the offer screenshot with u and contact us back when u reach 2.5k spending and we'll see it then.
Do you folks suggest calling again and ensuring it is notated in my account? Any other suggestions to ensure I get all 50k miles? TIA!
Had the exact same thing happen to me. I have the original email I received specifying the offer terms so I will escalate utilizing that should it be necessary.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:45 pm

Worried about the accuracy of the promotion so just called up CSR and confirmed the 20k upon lst purchase, 25k for $2500 in 90 days and 5k for 2 additional users.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:46 am

I guess Im going to print out the email and then take a screen shot? Weirdly the link to the email is dead but redirects me to the correct page. Anyone have any exp when you submit the screen shot or the saved email to CSR to claim your correct offer?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: Lotz
Does anyone know for certain which routes on which VS partner airlines have no or minimal fuel surcharges?

Many people say that all VS rewards have them but this certainly cannot be the case- especially with US rewards.

Two quick hints for VS:

When searching for partner award rates switch online in the upper right corner from the USA site to the UK site. For some reason the amounts for partner rewards are only listed on the UK site.

You automatically get 1000+ VS miles every time you rent from Hertz or Avis, even for one day, and credit to your VS rewards. In the off season this can get very rewarding when rates tank.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Does anyone know for certain which routes on which VS partner airlines have no or minimal fuel surcharges?

Many people say that all VS rewards have them but this certainly cannot be the case- especially with US rewards.

Two quick hints for VS:

When searching for partner award rates switch online in the upper right corner from the USA site to the UK site. For some reason the amounts for partner rewards are only listed on the UK site.

You automatically get 1000+ VS miles every time you rent from Hertz or Avis, even for one day, and credit to your VS rewards. In the off season this can get very rewarding when rates tank.
I haven't seen a lot of information about booking on US partners, but I saw one post in the VS forum where someone said they booked a flight from somewhere on the east coast to California on VX for 25,000 miles and $2.50.

I'm interested in hearing more, since I hope on using my miles to fly from BOS-LAX.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:45 am

Can anyone confirm using Amazon Payments for the BOA CC spend and not generating Cash Advance?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by partizanka
Can anyone confirm using Amazon Payments for the BOA CC spend and not generating Cash Advance?
I tried that couple of days back...so far no charges, and hoping that nothing shows up in the statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.