Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
"Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card"

T & C doesn't mention any bonus points for adding additional authorized users.

What does "up to 5000 bonus miles" equate to? How many additional users do I need to earn the complete 5000 bonus miles?

Do I need to add addtional users at the time of the application or after I receive the card?
I combed the t&c and finally noticed this-
You will receive 2,500 Flying Club miles for each of the first two authorized users added to your Card. As the primary Cardmember, you are responsible for all account activity incurred by additional users of your Card, in accordance with your Credit Card Agreement.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
The link expired on 6/30
This promo has been available for the last year (I believe) and has been on and off. It expires at one time and then, BOA brings it up later on. If you're patient, you can apply for it later.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
This promo has been available for the last year (I believe) and has been on and off. It expires at one time and then, BOA brings it up later on. If you're patient, you can apply for it later.
See post 69
Old Jul 12, 2012, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by TheNoobTraveler
I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...Q-_-0712#apply
Thanks for the link! Just applied, instant approval.

The approval page had a few lines on it, but it went to the Virgin Atlantic home page before I could read all of it! Besides my credit limit, did I miss anything important?

Last edited by aarif1; Jul 12, 2012 at 5:55 am Reason: fix typo
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:08 am
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Happy to help!

I'm pumped, because I wanted to add the VS card to my app-party next month. Hopefully, it sticks around that long.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:33 am

[Expired]VS Amex with 65000* mile bonus

I just applied the other day with 25,000 miles. How can I get bumped up to this offer?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
I just got approved for 2 hawaiian card less than 2 weeks ago and 3 chase cards in 3 months
if i apply will i get it or denied or should i wait couple more months.
Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by mfr2000
BOA is a bad company. I highly discourage anyone from doing business with them.
Never personally had problems with them... and I have been with them on a lot of accounts for about 10 years... only thing that used to annoy me is the monthly checking fee maintenance...
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:25 am

[Expired]VS Amex with 65000* mile bonus

I applied for the card when it went down to the 25,000 bonus and I just called and talked to someone and she said I am still listed as getting the 50,000. So I guess even though it's not showing the full 50,000 anymore the computers are still giving it. Weird. Hope she's telling the truth
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:33 am

Good to know.
For the bonus, one may just it for a online purchase as they can't tell which card is used and will assume the terms meet.
Originally Posted by Happy
Actually they do.

While this is not specific to this card, but as a general matter, the banks know which card is used. You are unable to view it on your statement, (not always but in most cases) but the internal records know which card is used.

The mag tape stores the AU's name and other identifier. I found this out when AU card was compromised and the bank called. They specifically asked if the AU was traveling (the charges were made in Mexico). They knew it was the AU card being used (a cloned one from info stolen, probably at the doctor's office as that was the only place, only time the AU card was used in 3 months' period.), and all transactions were POS transactions. So right out of bat they knew it was a cloned card once they verified the AU did not leave home and the card was in our possession.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:34 am

Awesome. Just on time.
Originally Posted by TheNoobTraveler
I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...Q-_-0712#apply
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by milaohu
Awesome. Just on time.
It's alive!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Thanks...went ahead on jumped on this for me and the wife....after a $3,334 in spend...110,000 Hilton pts each after transfer!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:42 pm

For those who applied using Noobtraveler's link, could you confirm that it the 65k bonus miles when you call to active the CC.

Unfortunately I have to wait about a month to apply as I have to make minimum spending on my 2 citi HH and Amex HH cards first.

EDIT----I am so IMPATIENT...Just applied using the link from NOOB and received approval for 15k CL.

Now I will have the Virgin Atlantic (100k) and the AMEX HH and 2 Citi HH I applied 3 weeks ago for total of 250k Hilton Honors point.....YIPEE!!!!

Last edited by metoo; Jul 12, 2012 at 8:53 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1
Thanks for the link! Just applied, instant approval.

The approval page had a few lines on it, but it went to the Virgin Atlantic home page before I could read all of it! Besides my credit limit, did I miss anything important?
You didn't miss anything. I saw the same as you but I called 1-877-721-9405 for application status and confirmed that it is 20k bonus miles for first spending and 25k extra miles for $2500 spend in 90 days. I also entered an additional card user on the application form and CSR told me that the ONE card user will give me 5k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.